Options

FS: Eddie Vedder Chicago 08 AP poster-signed! SOLD

ElzarElzar Posts: 966
edited July 2011 in Lost Dogs
***SOLD***

EV Chicago 08 AP edition - signed by EV and BK - mint condition - serious people only please - i feel this is a good price, let me know if you disagree :D
PM if interested - I can only ship in the U.S. - thx
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    Elzar wrote:
    $600 shipped
    EV Chicago 08 AP edition - signed by EV and BK - mint condition
    $600 shipped - serious people only please - i feel this is a good price, let me know if you disagree :D
    PM if interested - I can only ship in the U.S. - thx

ARQ?????? ;);););)
  • Options
    ok im dropping the price in case anyone is interested

hows about $555 shipped + a free and very cool mystery PJ poster

any takers?
  • Options
    stickman81stickman81 Posts: 437
    ebay?
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    You won't get this print any cheaper. 555 is a stealing seriously.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    What makes this poster more sought after than the Bridge School Poster. I know Chicago is Vedder solo and the Bridge is PJ.
    On the other hand They both have the same signatures and made by the same people.

I am just wondering why such a difference in price range.
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    dwhite76 wrote:
    What makes this poster more sought after than the Bridge School Poster. I know Chicago is Vedder solo and the Bridge is PJ.
    On the other hand They both have the same signatures and made by the same people.

I am just wondering why such a difference in price range.

correct me if im wrong but - it's because Ed designed/illustrated this Chicago poster - and Brad as consultant/assistant - on the Bridge poster, he is only credited for the lettering. Im pretty sure Chicago is the only poster designed by EV. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,936

The last one in eBay sold for a little less than $410... This is my holy grail but I missed the auction :(
    Elzar wrote:
    Im pretty sure Chicago is the only poster designed by EV. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Is that a fact? I know Eddie participated on the design, but drawing the whole thing and having brad as just a helper is a bit of a stretch.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    arq wrote:

The last one in eBay sold for a little less than $410... This is my holy grail but I missed the auction :(
    Elzar wrote:
    Im pretty sure Chicago is the only poster designed by EV. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Is that a fact? I know Eddie participated on the design, but drawing the whole thing and having brad as just a helper is a bit of a stretch.

wasnt the 410 a D/S ?

Gonna have to ask for Number 7 's input on the design of the poster, i'll try to locate the original email BK sent out with the info in it.
  • Options
    Elzar wrote:
    wasnt the 410 a D/S ?

Nope, it was the real deal
    Elzar wrote:
    Gonna have to ask for Number 7 's input on the design of the poster, i'll try to locate the original email BK sent out with the info in it.

This would be awesome, I always wondered how much "Eddie" the poster have :D
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    I guess the ONLY argument that could be made is that the Chicogo poster had only 118 SN (not counting S/D) and the Bridge had 214. Still I couldnt justify that price. I wish him well on his sale. If I had any money this is one I do need. I wish the poster was bigger though.
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    This is far an away MY holy grail... I have the 1st edition framed beautifully with 2 play bills and my tickets from the show... that being said, as much as I'd love the signed version to go in its place, no one I can justify spending this price (or anywhere near it!)

Good luck to OP
  • Options
    arq wrote:

Not true according to ebeans, the last one went for 800. http://www.expressobeans.com/members/de ... 26/history
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Either way 555 is dirt cheap for this print.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Not true according to ebeans, the last one went for 800. http://www.expressobeans.com/members/de ... 26/history

EB could be used as a reference but EB doesn't have all the information about every single poster auctioned on eBay, only posters that are sold by EB members and not only that they have to link the auction to EB, that's normally done to give a little more exposure to their auction.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    I've always believed that the value or worth of something is what somebody is willing to pay for it. It looks like you value this poster more than anybody on the forum.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • Options
    I've always believed that the value or worth of something is what somebody is willing to pay for it. It looks like you value this poster more than anybody on the forum.

:cry:
    ouch! i just got stuck with a rusty tack! :lol:
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    i'll tell you why the Chicago print is more valuable then the Bridge school print ....

for starters the chicago print is hands down a better print ... the artwork and everything is more appealing to the eye . The Bridge school print looks like someone made it on Mac ... kind of cheesy if you ask me ..

and another thing i dont like about the Bridge school A/P....is that they signed it in pencil . i know just about every artiest signs their posters in pencil. But in black paper????? you can hardly see it .. use a silver ink pen .. Hell Brad did that for the hartford 08 prints .. he signed it with silver ink .

but the number one reason why the chicago AP is worth more then the Bridge school one................

.......................TO EACH HIS OWN .............................

fyi .. i have both A/Ps and since the day i got the Bridge School print i have thought about trading/selling it ....but at the same time they are kind of in a "set" if you know what i mean
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    thanks for the input joe!
    'yep - Chicago 08 poster is better looking than Bridge poster - has more "art" feel to it. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Elzar wrote:
    'yep - Chicago 08 poster is better looking than Bridge poster - has more "art" feel to it. :mrgreen:
    I'd bet if u but it on ebay at buy it now 555,it be gone right away.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Elzar wrote:

i might do that soon :)
  • Options
    Elzar wrote:
    Elzar wrote:

i might do that soon :)

pm'd
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    i'll tell you why the Bridge school print is more valuable then the Chicago print ....

for starters the Bridge school print is hands down a better print ... the artwork and everything is more appealing to the eye . The chicago print looks like someone made it on Mac ... kind of cheesy if you ask me ..

but the number one reason why the Bridge school is worth more then the chicago AP one................

.......................TO EACH HIS OWN .............................

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Which poster is it exactly?
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    Which poster is it exactly?

it is EV Chicago 2008 - this one:
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/85626

9170:108583.jpg
  • Options
    I cant believe its still available

this is a great price
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

this is a great price
    I'd want no lower then 750 if and when i ever sell mine, 555 is a total steal.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

this is a great price

Doesn't look like you'd get $750 if he can't get $555
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • Options
    Release MeRelease Me Posts: 337
    my 2 cents (for whomever cares) - $555 is a really good price based on past demand. problem is that there are tons of people that would love the print, but not many who are in the position to afford it. sales like these can take a little time. sometimes you just have to wait. granted this board is the "hardcore" fan base, but in the scheme of poster collectors we are a small sampling. this goes on ebay and it will take awhile but it will sell. every other one for this price and higher prices has over time (highest was $999!).

and is my s/d version even rarer since there are only like 10 of those out there? :lol::lol:
    joking. again great price, good luck with your sale!
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

this is a great price

Doesn't look like you'd get $750 if he can't get $555

dont forget this is being offered to a limited few who come to this board.....so the fact it hasnt sold isnt symbolic as to the value....

bang it on ebay and i assure you at that price it wouldnt last long
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    Personally, I absolutely LOVE this poster- and if I had the cash right now, I would fucking take it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, with all the money spent on pairs of tickets for 2 nights of EV, Alpine for 2 people, and pairs for Toronto 1& 2 and Hamilton....PLUS hotels...and lets not even get started on the merch i have bought this year so far....i am real damn near broke right now.

I would gladly pay $555. I think its a great price. I am no expert- but as someone else stated, the value of something depends on what someone is willing to pay- and I am willing, just also very broke

:( :(
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2