Options

PJ Van Hi tops....

Comments

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    mzklvspj wrote:
    So many complaints about this on Facebook...ridiculous...

I saw some of the comments on FB. Madness. Its a pair of trainers. People need to get a grip!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    janvanderdamjanvanderdam Posts: 524
    I bought the black/Flannel pair.

Any idea when the 10C edition will be released?
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    If only they were air force 1s I'd be all over that shit.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    joe2468 wrote:
    10c will be selling these soon .... something tells me they will be better

Yea but the day they go onsale in the goods section the site will encounter an unexpected server failure causing fans to hit their refresh/F5 buttons until midnight in order to get a pair. =) Humor people, humor.

RM
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    not bad in the flanel option 8-)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    i think both are pretty horriblely designed. will wait to see what the 10C special editions look like

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Am I the only one that likes the green/yellow ones? Kinda reminds me of crazy '90s colors.

You're not alone, I like those too!! Hmm...been needing a new pair of sneakers!

EDIT: Damn! The smallest size they offer is equivalent to a women's 8 :(
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    My sister found those on the Vans website last month and surprised me with them. Back then only the green pair was available.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    samjam wrote:

I have really tiny feet too...if they offered them in kids sizes I could buy a pair.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    RKCNDY wrote:
    samjam wrote:

I have really tiny feet too...if they offered them in kids sizes I could buy a pair.

Me too. Think is US sizes I'm a womens 6 1/2
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    RKCNDY wrote:
    samjam wrote:

I am so close! Depending on the shoe I'm usually a 7 or 7&1/2. Oh well!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Do they have size 14? Cause thats what size i need.

I get discriminated against so much. Hard to find a good lefty guitar in a shop, hard to find shoes that actually fit.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    :shock: :shock:

people wear these?

i feel sane again.....just
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    Am I the only one that likes the green/yellow ones? Kinda reminds me of crazy '90s colors.
    That would be the 80's with the crazy colors, 90's was more of a dark shade of plaid.
  • Options
    LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121

I LOVE green and yellow. However, not really that green and yellow...the green should be darker....

I love vans too but, not high tops. Those are sort of teenager shoes....low tops are for us older folk!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • Options
    DURP wrote:

I get discriminated against so much. Hard to find a good lefty guitar in a shop, hard to find shoes that actually fit.

Us lefties have to become ambidextrous to get along in this world.

Are you the Pimp or the Military man in your pic?
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • Options
    DURP wrote:

Us lefties have to become ambidextrous to get along in this world.

Are you the Pimp or the Military man in your pic?

I refuse to become ambidextrous never comform.

Neither it's from Idiocracy
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    I also need a 14. Anyone know if this is online only or if Vans stores will carry them?
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    PJ on facebook says to stay tuned as there will be 10 Club exclusives coming…
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options

I hope this is true. I showed my wife them before and to my surprise she likes them and wants a pair

• Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Back in the day, Vans were primarily a skate shoe and you could only really find them at skate/surf shops. Bought them for years at $15-$20 a pair. Now they have outlet stores and mall stores everywhere, and it's hard to find a decent pair that aren't slip-ons for under $50. Couldn't believe the last time I went into a Vans store and saw women's dress shoes, Hello Kitty shoes, purses, and color schemes that pretty much made me want to vomit. I still buy 'em from time to time - but only when I saw a pair I like on clearance for $30 or less. The outlet store here in Vegas has buy one, get one 1/2 off most of the time, so when my kids need a pair, I might pick one up as well.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    They shouldn't be allowed to use tartan in the design unless they go back to Scotland! :P
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    I kinda like the plaid/black ones :)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options

See how come 10c doesn't send out a email to people stating this. I refuse to give in to the facebook craze that is taking over our country. Hopefully they come soon cause in August i will be purchasing a new pair of shoes. The lady of my life has been riding my ass we have been together for six years and i have bought 2 pairs of shoes.

Like i said i hate shoe shopping anther poster mentioned they need a 14 as well so he (i assume it is a man) knows the pain of shoe shopping. Nike hell no shoes fall apart Vans is the best shoes i have owned they last a long time and hold up well to all the season of Ohio weather.

Now that i am done ranting anyone know if there is a PJ sandles or slippers?
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DURP wrote:

See how come 10c doesn't send out a email to people stating this. I refuse to give in to the facebook craze that is taking over our country. Hopefully they come soon cause in August i will be purchasing a new pair of shoes. The lady of my life has been riding my ass we have been together for six years and i have bought 2 pairs of shoes.

Like i said i hate shoe shopping anther poster mentioned they need a 14 as well so he (i assume it is a man) knows the pain of shoe shopping. Nike hell no shoes fall apart Vans is the best shoes i have owned they last a long time and hold up well to all the season of Ohio weather.

Now that i am done ranting anyone know if there is a PJ sandles or slippers?

I'd love those too. I too, have no facebook. Who has the time or the interest? Not me.

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

• Options
    Lizardjam wrote:
    I'd love those too. I too, have no facebook. Who has the time or the interest? Not me.

HIGH FIVE

I also don't have time for people to use facebook as thier personal therapist i have enough drama in my life i don't need my friends. My favorite recent episode of South Park is you have Zero friends.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    So people know, the hi-top vans like this usually run about 1/2 a size too big. So if you're a 10, get a 9 1/2
    NERDS!
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    No postage outside the US sucks balls!
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Back in the day, Vans were primarily a skate shoe and you could only really find them at skate/surf shops. Bought them for years at $15-$20 a pair. Now they have outlet stores and mall stores everywhere, and it's hard to find a decent pair that aren't slip-ons for under $50. Couldn't believe the last time I went into a Vans store and saw women's dress shoes, Hello Kitty shoes, purses, and color schemes that pretty much made me want to vomit. I still buy 'em from time to time - but only when I saw a pair I like on clearance for $30 or less. The outlet store here in Vegas has buy one, get one 1/2 off most of the time, so when my kids need a pair, I might pick one up as well.

Back in my day, there were only a few choices..the #95 were the actual blue skateboard shoes that came in low and high top...#44, the canvas slip-ons...and the canvas with laces. My dad was in the shoe business back then, so I was always trying to get him to barter with Van Doren!
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    Lizardjam wrote:

HIGH FIVE

I also don't have time for people to use facebook as thier personal therapist i have enough drama in my life i don't need my friends. My favorite recent episode of South Park is you have Zero friends.

I need to start watching that again. I let it fall by the wayside.

I would love it if they had some low tops in green and yellow. I hope very much that the ten club editions will be low!!!!

Vans were all I wore through high school. They're my favorite shoe brand!!