When Hockey is your life

2»

Comments

• Its been 27 years. 27 YEARS!!!!!!!! Not since has there been an issue. With the Wings or Pistons championships, their losses in the finals, or during the parades.

.......now if the Lions ever won the Super Bowl, there could be trouble. Probably never have to worry about that :D[/quote]

http://www.thebrushback.com/detroit_full.htm

[/quote]
    ......and there will be people that actually believe this to be true
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    haffajappa wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i know it is just a small handfull out of many,

but they were pretty disrespectful for the US National Anthem,
    just saying .
    I hate when ppl boo the national anthem.
    that said, i didn't realise they had done it wednesday night :?
    I didn't hear the booing and I was watching.
    But apparently, anthem booing and rioting only happens in Canada :roll:
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    wasnt so much that they were booing.

They were however, non silent , ( at the very least be respectful and be quiet, )
    chanting some inaudible nonsense during the anthem.

By the way, when at The Garden watching hockey against any one of the Canadian teams, I enjoy getting to hear 2 anthems, of 2 neighboring countries. Its historic and traditional.
    Just soak it up and enjoy it .
    Enjoy it.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Rygar wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i know it is just a small handfull out of many,

but they were pretty disrespectful for the US National Anthem,
    just saying .
    I hate when ppl boo the national anthem.
    that said, i didn't realise they had done it wednesday night :?
    I didn't hear the booing and I was watching.
    But apparently, anthem booing and rioting only happens in Canada :roll:
    K thought I was going crazy because I never heard it either!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Not sure where this booing of the anthem thing is coming from. That was 10 years ago in Montreal. Guess with all the politcal strife at home and abroad, some people can't stay on top of the news.

News Spoiler: Hurricane Katrina devastates New Orleans and PJ tours Canada in 2005.

Vancouver will always riot when the Canucks reach the Cup Finals (win or lose). It's not thugs / gangster wannabes causing the trouble in Van -- there's just lots of spoiled kids in BC that are ok with smoking up, drinking up and then trying to one-up the retard beside them during these gatherings.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Songburst wrote:
    Not sure where this booing of the anthem thing is coming from. That was 10 years ago in Montreal. Guess with all the politcal strife at home and abroad, some people can't stay on top of the news.

News Spoiler: Hurricane Katrina devastates New Orleans and PJ tours Canada in 2005.

Vancouver will always riot when the Canucks reach the Cup Finals (win or lose). It's not thugs / gangster wannabes causing the trouble in Van -- there's just lots of spoiled kids in BC that are ok with smoking up, drinking up and then trying to one-up the retard beside them during these gatherings.
    I believe Bathgate is referring to the "Go Canucks Go" chant or whatever it was some of them were chanting during the anthem, as opposed to actual booing.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    just for the record i never said booing.

:)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    I really hate when Toronto visits Philly and the crowd chants USA, USA just cause it's a canadian team they are playing, meanwhile over half Philly's roster is canadian.But as for anthems i think everyone should remove their hats and listen respectfully to each others anthem.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    just for the record i never said booing.

:)
    Sure ... haha. It wasn't quiet in the arena during the anthem but it wasn't that bad. My comments were more directed to the "stay classy Canada" crap anyway.

I remember when the shitheads in Montreal outright booed the US anthem and Boston responded by resoundingly chearing the Canadian anthem - that was a great response.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Also, the people of vancouver should be ashamed of themselves. Never good when you act like Montreal

Why should the people of Vancouver be ashamed of themselves because of the action of a few morons?

Yes. It happens in every US city, so I don't see why vancouver should be exempt.

As others have said, nice touch in booing of the anthem. Stay classy Canada

What happens in every city? Rioting after your team loses a 7th and deciding game of a
    championship?

Clearly, you have no clue what you are replying to because there was no booing of your national anthem
    at that game.

You must have bet on Vancouver winning or that there would be no booing or no rioting after the game.