When Hockey is your life

m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
edited June 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video ... D=23423102

this is "Canada's Game "

what a joke
Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    Yeah, terrible certain fans reacted that way.

Even more ridiculous that the cops seemed to just watch.

Unfortunately, Boston fans can't really talk though. We definitely had our own idiots rioting when various teams won championships over the years. I guess we got it out of our system, but its still no OK.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    jervin007 wrote:

pretty sure in that situation they have no choice. They dont wanna die.
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • Must have been one of the Sedin's twins vehicles.

The most troubling part of that whole thing was the tossing of perfectly good beer bottles at
    television screens. Now that is sacrilegious.

Rioting in the streets must be something new for you Americans to witness, I guess.
  • Funny, all of the times that the Wings have won the cup recently and no riots, no looting, no nothing in Detroit.....

....and we have the bad reputation. Hmmmmm............
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    Funny, all of the times that the Wings have won the cup recently and no riots, no looting, no nothing in Detroit.....

Vancouver lost though
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    manutd3581 wrote:
    jervin007 wrote:

pretty sure in that situation they have no choice. They dont wanna die.

Yeah, I get your point. They clearly weren't adequately prepared to deal with what happened though.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    UGH
    seriously
    sorry i hate to sound rude but anyone who doesn't realise what this was and the logistics of it is a complete moron. sorry, but you are if you think that this was a representation of the people of vancouver or the fan base of the canucks.

what it was was people (mostly idiot teenagers or people my age) heading downtown for the sole purpose of causing trouble... they knew what happened in 1994 and were going to do this shit WIN or LOSE.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Its been said so many times, tough to judge the entirety by the stupidity of a select few.

I am guessing most of those folks couldn't distinguish a "blue line from a clothesline" ... just lugnuts out to break shit. Somehow, this gives them an excuse.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    Its been said so many times, tough to judge the entirety by the stupidity of a select few.

I am guessing most of those folks couldn't distinguish a "blue line from a clothesline" ... just lugnuts out to break shit. Somehow, this gives them an excuse.
    they took all the beer looks like you're out of luck in september
    ;)
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435
    jimed14 wrote:

except when it's philadelphia then they trot out the tired old cliches about philly fans.
  • haffajappa wrote:
    UGH
    seriously
    sorry i hate to sound rude but anyone who doesn't realise what this was and the logistics of it is a complete moron. sorry, but you are if you think that this was a representation of the people of vancouver or the fan base of the canucks.

what it was was people (mostly idiot teenagers or people my age) heading downtown for the sole purpose of causing trouble... they knew what happened in 1994 and were going to do this shit WIN or LOSE.

It's easy and convenient for someone sitting on a computer hundreds or even thousands of miles
    away to read the news, see the pictures and then feel the need to make a post about it on the
    internet because they know others who are just as uninformed will rally around them and agree.

It's the nature of the internet and more specifically, this messageboard.

There are those of us that are fully aware of what went down and understand that this sort of thing
    can happen anywhere, anytime and it's ALWAYS the due to a few morons who have nothing better to
    do with their time.
    I live in Toronto and if anyone thinks what happened at the G20 riots last year is indicative of the general
    population here is just obtuse.

Vancouver and it's people are beautiful, peaceful humans beings and shouldbe proud of their city.

They also have some of the best weed on the planet.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    haffajappa wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

;)

You and fifth better start brewing some then .... :lol:

Good to see you on the board today.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Funny, all of the times that the Wings have won the cup recently and no riots, no looting, no nothing in Detroit.....

The looting and rioting in Detroit is reserved for Halloween ;)
    haffajappa wrote:
    UGH
    seriously

It's easy and convenient for someone sitting on a computer hundreds or even thousands of miles
    away to read the news, see the pictures and then feel the need to make a post about it on the
    internet because they know others who are just as uninformed will rally around them and agree.

It's the nature of the internet and more specifically, this messageboard.

There are those of us that are fully aware of what went down and understand that this sort of thing
    can happen anywhere, anytime and it's ALWAYS the due to a few morons who have nothing better to
    do with their time.
    I live in Toronto and if anyone thinks what happened at the G20 riots last year is indicative of the general
    population here is just obtuse.

Vancouver and it's people are beautiful, peaceful humans beings and shouldbe proud of their city.

They also have some of the best weed on the planet.
    downtown smelled of weed last night hahaha

the g20 thing pisses me off even more because the idiots are the ones this stupid country elected to power.

but thats a whole other thread!!!!
    jimed14 wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

;)

You and fifth better start brewing some then .... :lol:

Good to see you on the board today.
    lol

it was an interesting night but really not as dangerous as everyone was making it out to be.
    as long as you stayed out of the 2 intersections it was mostly at you werent in serious harm.
    my friend and i chilled down by the water for at least an hour and it was pretty pleasant.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

Not with the Wings, but the '84 tiger riots...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    don't worry Vancouver only 10 more years on Luongo's contract

let the riots begin
    m0jorisen wrote:
    don't worry Vancouver only 10 more years on Luongo's contract

let the riots begin
    i love bobby lou
    he let in some pretty weak ones but i'm sick of him carrying all the blame on his shoulders
    you can only do so much when your team scores so few goals all series.
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    haffajappa wrote:
    i love bobby lou
    he let in some pretty weak ones but i'm sick of him carrying all the blame on his shoulders
    you can only do so much when your team scores so few goals all series.
    Amen to that.
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    m0jorisen wrote:
    obviously not defending anyone, this was pretty disgusting.
    but what i see in this video are mostly people taking photos and video, some angrily screaming at idiots trying to break shit, and a handful of LOSERS that look like they are 17 years old and thinking they are 'tough' - which was the story of the night.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    haffajappa wrote:
    m0jorisen wrote:
    but what i see in this video are mostly people taking photos and video, some angrily screaming at idiots trying to break shit, and a handful of LOSERS that look like they are 17 years old and thinking they are 'tough' - which was the story of the night.

Some of those people should have stopped trying to get pictures for their FB page and jumped in to help that guy. A couple of people came in to help at the end, but by that point he had already been tuned up. I can only hope one of those hundreds of pictures got one of their faces in it.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    haffajappa wrote:
    m0jorisen wrote:

Some of those people should have stopped trying to get pictures for their FB page and jumped in to help that guy. A couple of people came in to help at the end, but by that point he had already been tuned up. I can only hope one of those hundreds of pictures got one of their faces in it.
    ew yikes i never watched the full video.
    poor bastard.
  • lukin2006 wrote:

Its been 27 years. 27 YEARS!!!!!!!! Not since has there been an issue. With the Wings or Pistons championships, their losses in the finals, or during the parades.

.......now if the Lions ever won the Super Bowl, there could be trouble. Probably never have to worry about that :D
  • manutd3581 wrote:

Vancouver lost though
    Wings lost the cup a few years ago in game 7. No issues, except me storming out of the Joe :o
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    lukin2006 wrote:

Its been 27 years. 27 YEARS!!!!!!!! Not since has there been an issue. With the Wings or Pistons championships, their losses in the finals, or during the parades.

.......now if the Lions ever won the Super Bowl, there could be trouble. Probably never have to worry about that :D

http://www.thebrushback.com/detroit_full.htm

Also, the people of vancouver should be ashamed of themselves. Never good when you act like Montreal
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Also, the people of vancouver should be ashamed of themselves. Never good when you act like Montreal

Why should the people of Vancouver be ashamed of themselves because of the action of a few morons?
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    i know it is just a small handfull out of many,

but they were pretty disrespectful for the US National Anthem,
    just saying .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i know it is just a small handfull out of many,

but they were pretty disrespectful for the US National Anthem,
    just saying .
    I hate when ppl boo the national anthem.
    that said, i didn't realise they had done it wednesday night :?
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:

Why should the people of Vancouver be ashamed of themselves because of the action of a few morons?

Yes. It happens in every US city, so I don't see why vancouver should be exempt.

As others have said, nice touch in booing of the anthem. Stay classy Canada