• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    time to vajazzle her :x
    i'm offline

:x :x :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Oh 81....missing me are you? ;) I'm always around....somewhere! :lol:

Life's been fucking full on right now!! Heaps of crazy shit.

I got a full time job for 9 weeks at a Govt agency in a call centre....yeah, I know!! Crap! Gooood money....but fuck that shit! The other 13 in my "team" that I started with love it....I fucking hated it. I'm not a good "employee"....never have been. Way too used to being my own boss. Needed the extra money for ivf though soooo you gotta do what you gotta do. haha Damn babies! ;)

So in September my dad (69) goes into hospital because they think he needs his appendix out....which they said is quite strange at his age. Goes in for emergency keyhole surgery at 12am -- the doctor says the operation will take an hour max. FIVE hours later he comes out!! :shock: My mum and I and my brothers and sisters were SHITTING ourselves that he was haemorrhaging and bleeding since he's on warfarin (blood thinning tablets) due to his mechanical heart valve and NONE of the nurses/doctors/whoever was fucking on the roster that night could tell us why it was taking so long. He comes out what feels like a LIFETIME later and he's had 30cm of bowel removed because it was DEAD for some unknown reason (they suspect a blood clot flicked off his mechanical valve and embedded in his bowel and started killing it over a couple of weeks :o) and he could have easily died. MAJOR surgery, massive 25cm cut right up his stomach....collapsed lungs, didn't know if he'd make it....ALL sorts of fucking drama. But he's okay. Doing really well actually. Five weeks later he looks fucking great....tired but feeling pretty good. PHEW!! Major stress. Nearly lost my Dad. :?

Then two days later, I got sick as fuck with a chest infection/asthma....REALLY sick. They thought I had pneumonia/legionnaires....had a million tests, everything came up negative....but I had a crackle in lungs, couldn't breathe, coughing up HUGE chunks of crap, sickest I've been in a LONG time....took FOUR courses of antibiotics to fix it. So bad. When they tested my lung capacity on a machine it was equivalent to my 69 year old dad's capacity in hospital after major bowel surgery WITH a collapsed lung. :shock: Wtf? Two and a half weeks of steroids and the 4 lots of antibiotics fixed my lungs thank God.

So then my IVF doctor told me I was totally run down and I had to either keep working full time (and then at nights on vajazzles too) OR consider postponing my ivf in November because I was just fucked....couldn't breathe, soooo tired etc. I hated my job....after 9 weeks.... :lol: ....so that was a no brainer. See ya later! Time to relax for 3 weeks before IVF starts.

I quit two weeks ago....and my sister's 4 month old baby Harrison started having seizures. Infantile spasms they thought....which are bad....VERY bad. A week in hospital, a million tests, poor little baby drugged out, put under GA for so many tests, horrible to watch....and we find out he has Lissencephaly...which basically means his brain didn't develop properly and instead of having a brain like a walnut, his brain is smooth. He'll be on epileptic seizure drugs his entire life but should have a normal lifespan and mild mental disability....and possible physical development problems too. His neck is very weak (bit like a newborn) and his little hard is already look a bit "spastic" (for lack of a better word to try to describe the position of his hand). So fucking sad. My sister is devastated....but not as devastated as some parents would be since my younger brother is mentally disabled (unrelated). Hope Harrison only has a mild case and is just mentally disabled. It would be horrible if he can't feed himself or walk or talk, be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life etc (which is very common for lissencephaly babies -- most don't live past 5 years of age or mature past 5 months). Fucked up shit.

Mum said last week that over the last 30 days, we have all spent 19 days at the hospital between my dad and my sister's baby. We are all so tired! haha

THEN....I have ivf egg pick up on 8 November....needles start 26 October....amongst all that other shit!! :crazy: Arrrrgghhh!!

Crazy crazy times. :D But I've still got a smile on my dial (now). It will all work out.

So 81, what question did you want to ask me? :lol:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • shit girl...i hope all will be healthy now...we missed u here..

take care,ok?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    shit girl...i hope all will be healthy now...we missed u here..

take care,ok?

I will, Dimi. :D
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    :wave: It's great to see you on the board again, Ziggy. You have been missed. Sorry to hear you and your family are going through a rough time. My thoughts are with you and your family during this stressful time. It will get better.
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 wrote:
    :wave: It's great to see you on the board again, Ziggy. You have been missed. Sorry to hear you and your family are going through a rough time. My thoughts are with you and your family during this stressful time. It will get better.

Thanks! :D I know it will get better....just got to push through it....and hope this ivf works so we can get a good ending to the year....but not being too hopeful at the same time. *mindfuck* :lol:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    wow that is living some miracles right there...
    I pray for one more for you Miss Ziggy.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Good vibes sent your way. Hope IVF works out!
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Damn Ziggy :( So sorry you and your family have been through all that. You deserve for something good to happen....something really good :) Hang in there!
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    I truly hope life calms down for you and your family very soon.
    Nice shirt.
  • OMG. You and your family have been through a lot. I'm praying for you and your family.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    So 81, what question did you want to ask me? :lol:

i just wanted to say hi. :lol:

wow....sounds like you have been having a great time. :fp:

glad your dad is ok, and you are good now.

so sorry to hear about your sisters kid. that was the worst part of the read. :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    wow!

that all really sucks...glad your dad is doing better and you no longer have the black lung

really sorry to hear about your nephew...poor little guy :(

don't be a stranger...no one here dreams about me ;)8-)
  • norm wrote:

don't be a stranger...no one here dreams about me ;)8-)
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Thanks guys! Let's hope our year ends on a better note....all 10 weeks of it! :lol:
  • Sorry to hear about everything you have been going through but very happy that all has worked out. Sending good vibes for your next round of ivf.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    Holy shit Sus. :shock: Glad things are improving for you. Good luck with the Ziglet.
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
  • "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    pj20 beer bump :wave:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Hey there!! :wave:
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Hey Ziggy! :wave: How's it going?
    ELITIST FUK
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Hey there!! :wave:
    :shock:

i was talking to your beer buddy the other day...if you are still looking drop him a note.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,986
    Good to see you back and in one piece.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
    81.....I saw your tweet. 8-)
    Fuck me dead.....58,000 posts?! :?