For those of you who exercise regularly.....

2»

Comments

• Flutter GirlFlutter Girl Posts: 548
    I walk all the time..but it's completely random. I'll be going out to the car to get my phone or whatever I left out there, and instead take a right turn and keep walking...for 3 or 4 miles. It's a release for anxiety for me..But I am about to sign up for this yoga class that is supposed to be real intense, and they keep the room at 105 degrees or thereabouts..Now that is a different story. My friends will prolly have to drag me with them for that one.. :|
    HAHAHA WHAT?!! You go outside to your car then take a right turn and walk for miles??? Who are you Forrest Gump?! HAhaha This is hysterical! :lol:

LOL..you know I keep waiting knowing at some point my friends will call me that too..I dunno, if I feel a nice breeze, I just wanna walk and enjoy it..
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Because I mostly sit at a desk for work I look forward (well, almost look forward) to working out at the end of the day. Years ago after joining gyms and never going, my husband and I bought an exercise bike. We used it all the time. Then we bought a treadmill. Same thing. Finally a weight machine. We told ourselves we'd feel like idiots if we bought the equipment and didn't use it. So I'd say both of us work out pretty much daily.

And also - I cracked my knee in December (running to get on the treadmill - really) and was on crutches for five weeks. Couldn't put weight on my right leg. I have never missed exercising so much in my life. I still did abs and upper body, but missed the other stuff a lot.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    mikalina wrote:
    My inner self says - I have to workout everyday - at least something - even if I go for a walk -

I go "crazy" if I don't work out - ;)
    Same here. Normally I run 5 days a week and lift every other. This morning I was able to lift but didnt run. NOW all day I am mad bc I need to find time to do it after work. Weird.

I have to laugh at this one - I actually get PISSED OFF - if I can't exercise.... And its NOT weird.... :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    Enkidu wrote:
    Because I mostly sit at a desk for work I look forward (well, almost look forward) to working out at the end of the day. Years ago after joining gyms and never going, my husband and I bought an exercise bike. We used it all the time. Then we bought a treadmill. Same thing. Finally a weight machine. We told ourselves we'd feel like idiots if we bought the equipment and didn't use it. So I'd say both of us work out pretty much daily.

And also - I cracked my knee in December (running to get on the treadmill - really) and was on crutches for five weeks. Couldn't put weight on my right leg. I have never missed exercising so much in my life. I still did abs and upper body, but missed the other stuff a lot.

Sounds alot like our house. We have a bike in this room, a treadmill downstairs, and I have converted my 3rd stall garage into a decent free weight gym: leg press, squat rack, power rack / bench, cable system, calf machine, pull up/dip rack, and dumbbells from 5 - 65lbs.

And right now I cant lift much more than my coffee cup due to bursitis in my shoulders!!! I hate it!!!!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    Blew off my workout this morning....
    I tried to stretch the clock as far as i could until it was to late. Not enough time to get one in. Oh well. We have 5pm! ;) It was just so nice to lay in the bed today.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.