Options

Hartford 6/18 -- anniversary request

curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,236
edited June 2011 in The Porch
I never thought I would make one of these posts, but here I am:

It's not as big as PJ20, but June 18th is curmudgeoness17. Mr. Curmudgeoness and I will be celebrating our anniversary on June 18th by seeing Ed in Hartford. We've been together for eighteen years, married for seventeen. How time flies.

I would like to ask Mr. Vedder to play "You're True" in Hartford - for Mike. I feel embarrassed about making a request, but the truth is that I am not very good about expressing my feelings in words, and this song does an excellent job of that for me. :oops: My husband has remained committed and supportive over the years despite the challenges of raising a child with special needs and dealing with my health issues, in addition to the usual ups and downs life throws at us. I have seen so many relationships fall apart under similar strains, and I am grateful that my husband and I have stuck together. I am a better, happier person because of him.

Thanks for reading.
All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    I'm sure he will play most of the new album, so you probably have nothing to worry about.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,250
    Yeah Mr. Vedder! Make it happens! Here's to more years of love, health, happiness and peace to your family! Cheers!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap wrote:
    Yeah Mr. Vedder! Make it happens! Here's to more years of love, health, happiness and peace to your family! Cheers!

:oops: Aww -- thanks, I'm blushing.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    ::bump::

Please? ::Does best imitation of younger son's puppy-dog eyes::
  • Options
    BUMP
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Happy Anniversary. What a great way to spend it. I'm looking forward to it too. My first Eddie Vedder solo show.
  • Options
    :bump:

Yes, we both are excited; after watching Water on the Road the other night husband is toying with the idea of relieving some Bruins fan of his Providence tix, although driving to RI tomorrow would be terribly foolish and irresponsible of us. :)
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Owen-Starsky-Hutch-Signature-Do-It.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,906

Yes, we both are excited; after watching Water on the Road the other night husband is toying with the idea of relieving some Bruins fan of his Providence tix, although driving to RI tomorrow would be terribly foolish and irresponsible of us. :)

Do it! You will have a fantastic time and be helping someone out at the same time! It is win/win.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options

:wave: :wave: :wave:
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    congrats on an amazing accomplishment. In this day and age, its something special.

Ironically, Mrs ElwayVedder and I will be celebrating our 8th anniversary with Mr. EV here in Philly on 6/25
  • Options
    congrats on an amazing accomplishment. In this day and age, its something special.

Ironically, Mrs ElwayVedder and I will be celebrating our 8th anniversary with Mr. EV here in Philly on 6/25

Well, we're relics from another era, you know, so our take on things might not be the same as that of kids today. ;)

But, in all seriousness, time does fly; it does not seem as if it has been that long.

Enjoy the show. As noted above, it's a great way to celebrate an anniversary. :)
  • Options
    Post-Stanley-Cup bump. :)
  • Options
    BUMP
  • Options
    Pre-anniversary bump. :)
  • Options
    :: tiny, no-I'm-not-anxious bump::
  • Options
    :: tiny, no-I'm-not-anxious bump::
    :lol:

bump
  • Options
    ::Today's-the-day bump::

:):):)
  • Options
    ::final bump::
  • Options
    Hey! I haven't said my last word yet!... BUMP :mrgreen: Good luck and happy anniversary! :D
  • Options
    Thanks! We just hit Connecticut -- and traffic, starting right at exit 3 -- hoping for the best.