Coffee....

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,815
    get between me and my first cup.....

well lets just say I wont be held responsible. :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,354
    Coffee=Morning Beer

Nope, Breakfast Stouts are morning beers. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • sandgropersandgroper Posts: 172
    81 wrote:
    i was going to post a similar link, don't know if i could drink something that came out of a rodents arse
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Peet's

Peets Uzuri blend... Awesome, especially in a french press.

Got a Keurig a few months ago for the weekday coffee. Had a really hard time finding a decent strong/bold coffee. Double Black Diamond has turned out to be my go to, and the Emerils Big Easy Bold is pretty good too. Otherwise they are just way too weak. Any other recommendations on the Keurig side?
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
    Merkin,
    Try a solofill cup for your Keurig, it's like a little reuseable plastic k-cup that you fill with your own ground coffee. It works great, although it leave a little bit of residue in the bottom of your coffee (looks weird, fine to drink). Plus if you drink a lot of coffee like I do, it will save you a lot of money cuz the k-cups add up.
    Oh, and don't try anything other than the solofill, there are similar ones out there, and I find they all suck.
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    tinkerbell wrote:
    I gave up coffee cold turkey in January and felt much better for it. Started sleeping easier at night, stopped having mid afternoon crashes. Started drinking tea again. I've just in the past week allowed myself to have 1 cup a day and have found I don't need as much sugar anymore - used to be black with 2 now can handle 1 sugar. I love the smell of freshly brewed coffee :)

I gave up caffeinated coffee when I couldn't sleep, also 2 cappachinos gave me palpitations when I drunk them close together.

Still love coffee but stick mostly to decaf with the occasional treat, can't beat a good latte oe mocha.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Coffee=Morning Beer

Oatmeal Stout
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    sandgroper wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i was going to post a similar link, don't know if i could drink something that came out of a rodents arse

one of these days i'm going to order some and give it a whirl
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    81 wrote:
    sandgroper wrote:
    81 wrote:

one of these days i'm going to order some and give it a whirl

Go on! Do it! Plus we need pics of you drinking it and a full review :D
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    merkinball wrote:

Peets Uzuri blend... Awesome, especially in a french press.

Got a Keurig a few months ago for the weekday coffee. Had a really hard time finding a decent strong/bold coffee. Double Black Diamond has turned out to be my go to, and the Emerils Big Easy Bold is pretty good too. Otherwise they are just way too weak. Any other recommendations on the Keurig side?
    I use the peets house blend for my French press. I'm in CT so I'm limited to what my grocery store has.

Green mountain Nantucket blend is good on the krueg I also like carabu

My keurig is great. I've had it for about 5 years. It works great. Just clean out the filter system every once and a while.
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    ponner1us wrote:
    Merkin,
    Try a solofill cup for your Keurig, it's like a little reuseable plastic k-cup that you fill with your own ground coffee. It works great, although it leave a little bit of residue in the bottom of your coffee (looks weird, fine to drink). Plus if you drink a lot of coffee like I do, it will save you a lot of money cuz the k-cups add up.
    Oh, and don't try anything other than the solofill, there are similar ones out there, and I find they all suck.

OK great, I have the Keurig version of the individual cup, which sucks. I didn't realize there were other alternatives. Hate the idea of throwing away all the k-kups.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,092
    Didn't think anything could top a cup of coffee from Tim Horton's, but now i find myself craving ice coffee from McDonald's......must be the heat :crazy:
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,354
    81 wrote:
    Coffee=Morning Beer

Oatmeal Stout

Yep, breakfast stouts are often oatmeal, coffee stouts.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    Hell yes. Peets is where it's at. Everything else is weak ass dirt water. It's spoiled me for anything else....I have to drink like a bucket of Starbucks to equal the effect of a regular cup o' peets :)
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,661
    Hell yes. Peets is where it's at. Everything else is weak ass dirt water. It's spoiled me for anything else....I have to drink like a bucket of Starbucks to equal the effect of a regular cup o' peets :)

I'm with you two. Peet's, my daily start-me-up! :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    edited November 2011
    Post edited by pinkbutterfly on
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • Tim Hortons coffee in Canada is my favorite. I get a large double double. For some reason I can't make it the same at home, so I have to go out to get a good cup.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    Reconnected with my French Press this morning. Its been two weeks since I brewed my own.
  • Sunday coffee...

Does it get any better???
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    C-O-F-F-E-E coffee is not for me
    It's a drink some people wake up with
    That makes them nervous is no myth
    Slaves to the coffee cup
    They can't give coffee up

That song kept me off coffee through college and beyond.

Then I moved to Korea and learned to love the little sweet coffee in a can.

Now I just fucking love coffee.

Just had a couple cups gearing up for some Sunday Football. :)
  • Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • congratulations, Starbucks, you're stupid in three languages;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wic5Mf06 ... ture=share
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    congratulations, Starbucks, you're stupid in three languages;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wic5Mf06 ... ture=share

Quite honestly, one of the more underrated movies in the past 5 years ... hilarious.

My new coffee love ...

philz_coffee_logo.png

Never would have thought of putting cardamom in my coffee before walking into this place.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Sunday coffee...

about to pour my second cup!
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    edited November 2011
    Post edited by pinkbutterfly on
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I like my women like I like my coffee

ground up and in the freezer

Spectacularly funny :clap: :thumbup: :lol:8-)
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Sunday coffee...

Love coffee anytime..but yes there's something special about Sunday coffee :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    I've been drinking pike place lately and brewing it in a French Press. Really good shit.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I need to stop going to Dunkin Donuts every morning.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful