Coffee....

Comments

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I dig flavored coffee as well but nothing beats a double shot of espresso (black) after a nice Italian meal.
    I used to order 6 straight shots just to have a strong cup.

I like coffee flavored coffee.
    #FHP
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    Newch91 wrote:
    I love Dunkin Donuts coffee. If I don't have it when I'm out, I won't be happy all day.
    Dunkie donuts coffee is fucking awesome.....

Love it.
    The only problem with Dunkin Donuts coffee is that it spoils you.

Anything else pales in comparison.
    Nice shirt.
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    edited November 2011
    Post edited by pinkbutterfly on
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    edited June 2011
    I usually NEED 3 cups a day to get anything done :( . I do mix 1/3 decaf so I get to enjoy the taste & not feel as wired.

There's nothing like a hippie speedball ;) , coffee & a bowl :mrgreen: .
    Post edited by guacamolejoe on
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Freddo Espresso Black...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,655
    The Black French Roast challenge: When having coffee, drink nothing but French roast, black for one week.

A lady friend posed this challenge to me 35 years ago and said, "If you do it, you'll never drink coffee any other way again." She was right! I won't drink it any other way!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Love it...have to have several cups every day.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Great, now I want another cup.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    yes, I drink it.

I make Dunkin Donuts coffee at home. They don't brew it right at the store.
  • genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Coffee gives me migraines. Sorta sucks...
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Two weeks ago I weaned myself off daily coffee :shock: because it was too easy to go overboard at the new job, where they have this super fancy complicated machine that makes you everything from cappucchino (sp?) with steamed milk to hot chocolate to plain old coffee. And it's always free.

So, now I'm on to black tea in the morning, green in the afternoon.

Which, I'm sure those who know me will agree, is probably best for all concerned. Me, jacked up on caffeine, not so good.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    I have a coffee project where I drink 300 cups of coffee: http://www.coffeecupcrossroads.tumblr.com. It is similar to a project I completed in 1996 where I drank 200 lattes. I don't drink the entire drink as I would get heart palpitations.

http://www.lastchancelatte.blogspot.com

Once I complete the 300 (I just completed 187 even though I've only posted through 164) I'm getting a little tattoo on my inside write "Will travel for coffee." These two projects are two of the best things I've ever done - urban travel, find new and exciting neighborhoods, explore explore explore, and have food and drink along the way.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    tried dunkin's coffee over the weekend. i was less than impressed.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • P23JP23J Posts: 103
    my day doesn't start until I have my morning iced coffee. Full blown addict! :lol:
  • Dunkin' brewed at home with a lot of sugar and a lot of half and half. I save what is left over in the pot in the refrigerator to make iced coffee later on. I don't let it go to waste.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    The 81 wrote:
    tried dunkin's coffee over the weekend. i was less than impressed.

Well you have a very discerning palate.
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Love it...have to have several cups every day.
    two thumbs up on that! :)
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    So I had a dunkin donuts Iced coffee this weekend and it tasted like absolute shit. My dad ordered a decaf one and he wouldn't even take two sips.

this proves my theory that their coffee is inconsistent. good one day and bad the next.

I'm actually writing the company tonight to complain about the coffee since I didn't have a chance to go back to the drive through window.

Just like leo getz said. they fuck you in the drive through.
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    Coffee=Morning Beer
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    I gave up coffee cold turkey in January and felt much better for it. Started sleeping easier at night, stopped having mid afternoon crashes. Started drinking tea again. I've just in the past week allowed myself to have 1 cup a day and have found I don't need as much sugar anymore - used to be black with 2 now can handle 1 sugar. I love the smell of freshly brewed coffee :)
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,655
    Tomorrow morning I predict I'll have a drink... of fresh brewed French roast, black!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Just finished mine. I hate picking up the coffee mug to take a drink and realizing it is empty.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I had a teacher in high school who would drink, on average, 9-10 cups a day. He dropped that to about 5 cups a day.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    yes please
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i think i feel better without it
    also i don't pee as much as often

juices, teas, water, milk... about it

i'll miss coffee
    what i'll do is have it during special times or something
    then it's on
    i like coffee

ever sneak a sip out of the badass cream kept in the fridge?
    frickin good shit, maynard
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    I've written poetry about it, I would travel miles and miles for it. It's the reason I explore unfamiliar urban areas.

In fact, yesterday I was walking from one coffee adventure to the next (see coffeecupcrossroads.tumblr.com) and I looked to my right, and there was another cafe. Yay! 3 coffee adventures in one day.

This Thursday I'll host the 5th monthly coffee tasting at work. I'll fill 3 french presses with different coffees.
    February - 3 DC roasters
    March - 3 Maryland roasters
    April - 3 Virginian roasters
    May - 3 counter culture roasts
    June - 3 Mayorga roasts

As a result of these coffee tastings my department has had more conversations with a different department that also participates. Coffee is liquid friendship in the making.

It's such a conversation piece, and people think it's a socially acceptable addiction. It's great!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I've written poetry about it, I would travel miles and miles for it. It's the reason I explore unfamiliar urban areas.

In fact, yesterday I was walking from one coffee adventure to the next (see coffeecupcrossroads.tumblr.com) and I looked to my right, and there was another cafe. Yay! 3 coffee adventures in one day.

This Thursday I'll host the 5th monthly coffee tasting at work. I'll fill 3 french presses with different coffees.
    February - 3 DC roasters
    March - 3 Maryland roasters
    April - 3 Virginian roasters
    May - 3 counter culture roasts
    June - 3 Mayorga roasts

As a result of these coffee tastings my department has had more conversations with a different department that also participates. Coffee is liquid friendship in the making.

It's such a conversation piece, and people think it's a socially acceptable addiction. It's great!
    you're awesome
    that's badass

i wanna come have a cup and be friends with you all
    maybe move in or something
    we could be best palsand stuff
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    As for the Canadians...
    What is up with the tiny cups at Timmy Ho's?!
    I got a large at McDonalds on Saturday-
    which was what... 16 oz., I think.
    A large from Tim Horton's is about
    a third less, or it sure as hell seems like it.
    The coffee's good n' all,
    but it seems we're getting hosed for
    supporting a national chain.
    Me no likey coffee conspiracies!
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Peet's