I Need a JOB! Anyone?

StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
edited June 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Hey y'all

I seem to have run out of local options so I thought, what the heck, right?

There are a lot of great people here and who knows, maybe someone needs some help.

Maybe local to me. Maybe telecommuting? Whichever.

If you have a need for a great ex-nurse, ex-pharmaceutical tech, administrative assistant, medical transcriptionist, social media coordinator...

I don't know....

You tell me

I'm open

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer me some direction.

I'm in the Pottstown, PA area
Telecommuting is a great option too

I could continue to carry on as I have been, but its probably not going to be very productive in the grand scheme of things.
peace,
jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
"How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I need a job too...I even applied to work at a doggie daycare to walk dogs and pick up poop...I can't even get a shit job.... :(
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I need a job too...I even applied to work at a doggie daycare to walk dogs and pick up poop...I can't even get a shit job.... :(

totally true and I'm sooo tired of it
    Good luck to you
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Flutter GirlFlutter Girl Posts: 548
    My dad's been out of work since last sept when at&t, who had just recently bought out bellsouth, set traps to get all the bellsouth employees fired..they also kept him from getting a new job by badmouthing him, and from getting unemployment..we're at a loss as to what to do now :(
    My dad's been out of work since last sept when at&t, who had just recently bought out bellsouth, set traps to get all the bellsouth employees fired..they also kept him from getting a new job by badmouthing him, and from getting unemployment..we're at a loss as to what to do now :(

I worked for at&t...many moons ago...that scenario is familiar...all too familiar. :(
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    I worked for the Dept of Children and Families for the State.

It went along very well for a long time

Then we switched managers

All downhill from there

she wanted to hire her cronies and weeded out everyone who didn't fit that criteria

We most definitely did NOT see eye to eye on how our families should be treated

You know...with RESPECT!!

I often wonder if she is the reason I am having so much trouble now

She was a spiteful person to say the least

Water under the bridge
    peace,
    jo

could be..you should look in to it..I know the guy that fired my dad...he told everyone they sent to the keys that since they could only take their work truck down, they could use it for personal use, as well as for work..When my dad did just that, that's when they fired him. They want to contract all the work out, so whatever they can do to get rid of the regular employees, they are trying it..When his case came up for review to see if the firing was legitimate, it got reviewed by the same guy that fired him in the first place. Then when trying to get new jobs, he found out the company had been saying he got fired for misconduct, which is keeping him from getting new work..and the misconduct charge is what kept him from getting the unemployment. Apparently he is supposed to be homeless, as they have left him with no otions for earning a living. The one time he really needs to get a lawyer is the one time he's not spouting off about suing someone (so annoying)...go figure.

But yea, definately if you find out you can't get a job cos she is badmouthing you, then definately look into getting a lawyer to work out an agreement with her, you won't sue, if she will stop wrongfully slandering you (not that you actually would sue..it's just leverage), and have her put it in writing. That's what my dad's union lawyer did, but they are still talking bad about him, which is why I'm pushing him to go ahead with filing suit cos we're hitting a brick wall at this point..
    RKCNDY wrote:

I worked for at&t...many moons ago...that scenario is familiar...all too familiar. :(

Worst part is the nearest competition with his job position is in North Carolina..they are such hypocrites..they are the ones that sued bellsouth back in the day for being a monopoly, and now they tout how they have something like 98% of the country's customers..this is not a monopoly??? Oh how I wish someone would give them a taste of their own medicine!!!!!!
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    sell crack
    conman wrote:
    sell crack

hahahaaaa! :lol::lol:

sad thing is that I could make one hell of a living in this town if i were to do that!

wow! storm outside my window is fierce!!!
    peace,
    jo

could be..you should look in to it..I know the guy that fired my dad...he told everyone they sent to the keys that since they could only take their work truck down, they could use it for personal use, as well as for work..When my dad did just that, that's when they fired him. They want to contract all the work out, so whatever they can do to get rid of the regular employees, they are trying it..When his case came up for review to see if the firing was legitimate, it got reviewed by the same guy that fired him in the first place. Then when trying to get new jobs, he found out the company had been saying he got fired for misconduct, which is keeping him from getting new work..and the misconduct charge is what kept him from getting the unemployment. Apparently he is supposed to be homeless, as they have left him with no otions for earning a living. The one time he really needs to get a lawyer is the one time he's not spouting off about suing someone (so annoying)...go figure.

But yea, definately if you find out you can't get a job cos she is badmouthing you, then definately look into getting a lawyer to work out an agreement with her, you won't sue, if she will stop wrongfully slandering you (not that you actually would sue..it's just leverage), and have her put it in writing. That's what my dad's union lawyer did, but they are still talking bad about him, which is why I'm pushing him to go ahead with filing suit cos we're hitting a brick wall at this point..

sux i know...
    hard to find out though cuz prospective employers really won't tell you anything
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:
    conman wrote:
    sell crack
    sad thing is that I could make one hell of a living in this town if i were to do that!
    So could I!! Lets hook up, make some contacts, get this deal rollin _dealer__by_Zikes.gif_paranoid__revamp_by_Jeriko_X.gif
    StillHere wrote:

sux i know...
    hard to find out though cuz prospective employers really won't tell you anything

Yea he got lucky that some other former employees who were starting up a contract business were nice enough to tell him what the company told them. Before that I was thinking of having a friend I know who is a manager call and say they are looking to hire him to see what at&t would say..
    StillHere wrote:

sux i know...

yeah...whenever I fill out an application, I put down 'no you cannot contact my previous employer'. but you never know...

There was a lot of shady things going on...I discovered things that were grossly construed, falsified, severe cases of neglect (that ended in several deaths) etc. So if I were to try to go back and say something, I know she'd pull something out of her ass and say I did something else wrong.
    My termination was timed to being the same day as my last working day before going in for surgery...my doctor told me to sue for ADA...but the stress of having to face that lady again? no thanks.

The state has backed me, and I'm getting benefits.

gotta think good thoughts...good thoughts.....ommmmmmm.....ommmmmmmm....good thoughts...like butterflies

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

sux i know...

yeah...whenever I fill out an application, I put down 'no you cannot contact my previous employer'. but you never know...

There was a lot of shady things going on...I discovered things that were grossly construed, falsified, severe cases of neglect (that ended in several deaths) etc. So if I were to try to go back and say something, I know she'd pull something out of her ass and say I did something else wrong.
    My termination was timed to being the same day as my last working day before going in for surgery...my doctor told me to sue for ADA...but the stress of having to face that lady again? no thanks.

gotta think good thoughts...good thoughts.....ommmmmmm.....ommmmmmmm....good thoughts...like butterflies

Its a long story..but I've been around the block.. and i knew what she was trying to do, but didn't think she'd succeed...so maybe I'm a little more naive than i thought myself to be

the state backed me up to but my benefits have expired. so.....

and i have my little web store and some other stuff
    but all in all.. i really have to go back to work full time
    with days off for PJ shows of course! :D
    peace,
    jo

RKCNDY wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

sux i know...

OMG where did you work??

I'm in the process of getting my discharge from the Marine Corps changed. As it is now, I cannot get a job in any government position. But I have good solid proof the guy who put me out lied.

Stillhere- whats the addy for your store? what kinda stuff you sell?
    I've jumped head first into the investment game..but until it starts paying off..I guess my dad and I gotta do some husslin
    Flutter Girl, hope you work it out.

I have an Etsy store and an Artfire..but mostly Artfire are duplicates of what I have in Etsy.

In my store I have crystals, semi-precious natural stones, herbs, oils, teas etc. I also make hemp jewelry..beaded jewelry ..most of it either PJ related or Grateful Dead related. but some is not. Other than that mostly metaphysical stuff.

You can check it out, thanks for asking :)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/CelticKettle?ref=si_shop
    peace,
    jo

RKCNDY knowing that people had died and were not receiving the care that they needed and deserved must have been terribly stressful!

Its a shame that we all can't make the difference in people's lives that we'd like to do. Bureaucracy gets in the way so many times. Did you blow the whistle tho?
    peace,
    jo

• iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    I know how you feel...most of the jobs I've gotten in the past few years I found on Craigslist, so keep looking there, you never know what you'll find. Good luck!
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
    StillHere wrote:
    RKCNDY knowing that people had died and were not receiving the care that they needed and deserved must have been terribly stressful!

Its a shame that we all can't make the difference in people's lives that we'd like to do. Bureaucracy gets in the way so many times. Did you blow the whistle tho?

not people...pets...people's pets, the love of their life, their best friend....

I'm trying to find a new passion now...I don't know if I could do that anymore...

- Christopher McCandless
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    My Mum is a career advisor, a really good one too. She's goes above and beyond what she's meant to do. :? She reckons some of those job placement places are pathetic, they should do more to help you. I would love to have hooked you guys onto her if you weren't so far away. :(
    Good luck Jo and RKCNDY, you guys would be an asset to anyone's business. Fingers crosses for you both. :)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
    iamica wrote:
    I know how you feel...most of the jobs I've gotten in the past few years I found on Craigslist, so keep looking there, you never know what you'll find. Good luck!
    Good idea! I'll look into that tonight..wish I woulda thought of that sooner...

Stillhere- Sweet! I love that kind of stuff..I'm glad I asked! :D
    RKCNDY wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

not people...pets...people's pets, the love of their life, their best friend....

I'm trying to find a new passion now...I don't know if I could do that anymore...

awwww...so sad. :(
    peace,
    jo

Loulou wrote:
    My Mum is a career advisor, a really good one too. She's goes above and beyond what she's meant to do. :? She reckons some of those job placement places are pathetic, they should do more to help you. I would love to have hooked you guys onto her if you weren't so far away. :(
    Good luck Jo and RKCNDY, you guys would be an asset to anyone's business. Fingers crosses for you both. :)

thanks lorna! too bad she's not here in PA

thanks for the well wishes :)

i have seen a lot of stuff on craiglist too...applied to anything i felt qualified for...and some i didn't .... but where i've applied so have a gazillion others... and this is getting really old

but i keep my chin up...something will come along :)
    peace,
    jo

thanks LouLou... :D

iamica: I've been looking at Craigslist...I can be a 'phone actress', a go-go dancer, bikini/lingere barista...so many opportunities! :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    become a trruck driver and or go to school.
    truck drivers always have to much work too do.
    they turn down work.

school is where one learns new shit.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    they turn down work.

except you need a job to have the money to pay for either of these..
    chadwick wrote:
    they turn down work.

i "would" go to school
    but i have enough degrees already
    and that is part of the problem in finding a job
    even though i've lowered my expectations lately for salary
    i am constantly being classified as "over-qualified"
    read: we don't want to pay you that much
    i have the skills
    i just don't have the job to go with them at this moment
    peace,
    jo

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    cut grass
    babysit
    sell sell sell

sales on fans and stuff
    build and sell fans

collect and deal in star wars action figures dated from the 70's

sometimes scrap metal gathering produces large sums of bank

cooking food means people might come and eat... do y'all cook and eat and stuff?

i once joined the circus and made 13 bucks... that's a lie

rings, 4 dollar and change
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    thanks for the suggestions chad
    do most of that already
    sell stuff
    eat stuff
    (try to) cook stuff
    not the star wars
    not the scrap yard
    its not like i don't have a place to live or food in the pantry
    its just that i don't have a "real" job
    and that is getting to be rather trying

i once joined the circus (carnival) and i won't tell you what i made :roll: :lol:
    peace,
    jo

That's how I'm gettin by for now till things hopefully pay off..cooking. Me and my aunty make traditional Bolivian food and go sell it at 2 different parks for $10 a plate..not too bad, make $600 a weekend..but I only get half..also sold some stuff and thinking of giving another go at silversmithing. But I think I can speak for all 3 of us to say we are looking for good solid steady income man..not a little here a little there just scraping by..

I came thisclose to running away with a carni bout 10 years ago...wish I would have :|