It's 100+ degrees out..

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited June 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
..in many Chicago area locations right now.

F U summer! :evil:

Didn't I have a thread bitching about it being below zero a few months back? :lol: :?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I will never ever complain about this beautiful summer weather. Wintertime in Chicago is soul crushing, and I live for days like this! Bring on the heat!
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I will never ever complain about this beautiful summer weather. Wintertime in Chicago is soul crushing, and I live for days like this! Bring on the heat!
    I''m all for warmer weather, but I'll take the cold over the heat anyday. I can do things to warm up. I'd rather freeze to death than cook... Heaven is 65 degrees year round. 8-)
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    this past weekend it was about 78 for 2 days

the last time the temps got above 75 was Sept 3rd 2010

it's raining today :(
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

I think Seattle has the best weather on the planet. No extreme cold or extreme warmth and I don't mind the rain..
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,823
    philly is suppose to get around 100 Degrees in the next day or two as well :|
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Gob wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I think Seattle has the best weather on the planet. No extreme cold or extreme warmth and I don't mind the rain..

I believe the weather has not gotten above 70 degrees for more than 5 days since January...I usually don't mind the rain, but last summer it was pretty much 55-62, with maybe 5 days of 80s. I forget that there is a sun in the sky.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'll take a blizzard over this shit.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The 81 wrote:

I was stuck in my house for two days after the blizzard! F That! Worse is the near suicide caused by the mid-April snow.

Vitamin D is a very good thing.
    The 81 wrote:

I was stuck in my house for two days after the blizzard! F That! Worse is the near suicide caused by the mid-April snow.

i took my first spin around the block at roughtly 11am that morning. it was like a ghost town
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:

If you're fair or light skinned, you don't need very much sunlight to produce optimal vitamin D. :P

Northern Europeans max out at about 5 to 10 minutes of summer sunlight exposure.
  • cbrunelle783cbrunelle783 Posts: 1,025
    I follow the idea that you can always add, it's harder to subtract.... I know this is going to get dirty soon...
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    EV Solo:Providence 6/15/11 Boston 6/16/11 Hartford 6/18/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
    I follow the idea that you can always add, it's harder to subtract.... I know this is going to get dirty soon...
    Well I do turn the air off when the girlfriend comes over.. 8-)
  • PapPap Posts: 28,798
    Bring on the heat!
    ... here in London! :x The maximum temperature per day is 20 Celsius degrees. It's cold. And sometimes it rains during the day. You cannot call this a summer. And I'm from Greece. Come on! Stop raining and show me more and hotter sun! :twisted:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The 81 wrote:

couldn't agree more. nothing worse than sweating bullets walking from your front door to your car. then walking around with swamp ass all day.

how many days to fall?
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    You guys are fucking crazy!

This heat isn't the best, but I'd take this over the miserable snowy/cold shit any day of the week.
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    It's winter here and 17 degrees celcius (around 65 f) I know winter will hit sooner or later, at least it doesn't get cold enough to snow here. I'm actually looking forward to some cold weather.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    I'll take this over winter, but it still sucks. Just walking 3 blocks was like a long voyage through the desert. :?
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
    iamica wrote:
    I'll take this over winter, but it still sucks. Just walking 3 blocks was like a long voyage through the desert. :?
    Not quite. Did phoenix one august. Talk about an oven
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264

Can't wait! I wish it was 100 all year round..

:D :wave:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024

Really???

Do you keep the thermostat at 100 in your home too?

This sucks!
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    The 81 wrote:
    iamica wrote:

"But it's dry heat!" they say.

"So is my broiler!" I retort.

Heat is heat is heat. It's going to be in the 90s here tomorrow. Which means that during my morning run along the Charles River, I will appear to onlookers to be a woman moving in slow motion through a pool full of mashed potatoes.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Gob wrote:

Really???

Do you keep the thermostat at 100 in your home too?

This sucks!

Nope! I just never touch it at all until it gets too cold.

So you don't use airconditioning when it gets this hot?

The human body doesn't even go into proper hibernation for sleep unless it drops below 70 at night.
    Gob wrote:

The human body doesn't even go into proper hibernation for sleep unless it drops below 70 at night.

Nope, no AC and I'm fine with it. I even like it when I get in the car and the seat belts are too hot too touch :D
    Gob wrote:

Nope, no AC and I'm fine with it. I even like it when I get in the car and the seat belts are too hot too touch :D
    Weirdo. :P
    I like it when I get in the car and the seat belts are too hot too touch :D
    Ouch! That's painful! :lol:
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    The 81 wrote:
    iamica wrote:

"But it's dry heat!" they say.

"So is my broiler!" I retort.

Heat is heat is heat. It's going to be in the 90s here tomorrow. Which means that during my morning run along the Charles River, I will appear to onlookers to be a woman moving in slow motion through a pool full of mashed potatoes.
    i have to disagree unlost. the goddamn humidity here in FL, coupled with 90+ heat is miserable. But I suck it up for a few months...fall and spring are gorgeous. And we rarely get below freezing here but the shit is still COLD to me.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
    Humidity makes a huge difference...i'd rather have a dry 90. Az was like 105. Fuck that

Today wasnt bad. Drove home with the windows down. Its the late summer 90 that sucks since the ground is warmer.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Gob wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Once I realized that I'm not made of sugar and spice I decided to embrace the rain. Who wants to get back from mountain biking and not be muddy, who doesn't want to snowboard in June and get burned as hell, I love kayaking in the rain. The best part of every time I go to a different climate is getting home and sitting in the rain. I was in Pittsburgh over Memorial Day and it was a miserable 94F. I can't handle that heat. But please, don't move to Washington because it's always raining. 8-)
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011