Fuck work....

2»

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Came home to work for the afternoon - can focus better without all the distractions and weird smells.
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    I love my job but if I won the lottery I sure as hell wouldn't keep working! That reminds me, I'd probably have a better chance of winning if I played :think: hmmm

Is 40 too young to retire? I've been working nonstop since I was 16, I think I'm finished lol
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I love my job but if I won the lottery I sure as hell wouldn't keep working! That reminds me, I'd probably have a better chance of winning if I played :think: hmmm

Is 40 too young to retire? I've been working nonstop since I was 16, I think I'm finished lol

haha...lottery is plan A. I am just working until that plan comes through. I think 20+ years of working is enough. Actually I wouldn't mind working if it was something I liked and I didn't need to depend on a job for money
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I'm pretty tired of what I do too, but is a paycheck. It was real hard to get up and teach today after spending the weekend in Mass. taking my daughter to see the soccer game at the Patriot center. I'm going to back to school on the side though, in the hopes of getting into something else eventually. This old body doesn't enjoy teaching 10-12 weekly aerobic classes anymore nor running the fitness center.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    Wish I had some work to fuck

Et tu BD?
    Sorry to hear it. Sucks, doesn't it?
    As I've said, I know I am still a very fortunate person in oh so many ways, and I try not to take that for granted, but.....you know how it goes. Thank bejeebus I have mr dream, he's held me together thru all of it, besides kept me out of a cardboard box. :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    yeah fuck it, fuck it large

ps - i ain't working today
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    Here is something to cheer the unemployed in this thread up. I was unemployed for 14 months in 2009 into 2010. This is totally true though:

10 Stages of a Nightmare Job Search

1: Determination - Determined to find a job come hell or high water, whatever that
    means, you tell your wife, “I’m going to bring you a paycheck or die trying.”
    Your wife gives you a big hug and says, “I know you will, sweetheart.” The next
    day she takes out a life insurance policy on you.

2: Optimism - Enamored with a universe of possibilities, you go wild networking
    with everyone and anyone, tweeting, signing up on job search sites, filling out
    online employment applications, and linking on LinkedIn. You think, this might
    not be so hard after all.

3: Disappointment - When all that effort turns up a big round donut, you just can’t
    understand what went wrong. Now, with a little time on your hands, you begin to
    get just how bad things are out there. Reality sets in. This is going to be a
    long haul. Better make a pitcher of margaritas.

4: Fear - Weeks go by and not much has changed, except what you thought was enough
    runway money isn’t lasting as long as you’d hoped. You actually get an interview
    where they blow all kinds of smoke up your butt but, in the end, there’s no
    call-back. Not even to say thanks but no thanks. The bastards.

5: Jealousy - A friend calls you up screaming on the phone because he landed a job.
    You act all happy for him, but while he’s going on and on about the pay and the
    perks, you realize you’re grinding your teeth. Later, you can’t stop thinking
    why him and not me?

6: Depression - Two hundred and fifty-seven applications and three interviews with
    no call-backs later, it happens. You start going to bed early, getting up late,
    and shuffling around the house all day in your bathrobe. Your favorite food
    tastes like cardboard. Sex is exhausting. You give in to the void.

7: Hope - Just before the cash runs out, one of the eighty-three thousand people
    you contacted emails you out of the blue about a job that’s right up your alley.
    Heading to the bathroom for your first shower in a week, you pass by the mirror
    and wonder what that weird thing on your face is. It’s a smile.

8: Celebration - They run you through the mill and just when you think there can’t
    possibly be anyone left at the company for you to interview with, the boss calls
    you with an offer. You got the job! You run around the house screaming like a
    little girl. The neighbors think you’ve finally lost it.

9: Elation - You can’t sleep. Who needs sleep; you’ve got a job. You feel like a
    man again. Work starts at 9. You’re there at 7. You’ve got this amphetamine-like
    buzz that won’t quit … and you didn’t even take anything. You smile at
    everybody. Everybody thinks you’re wacko. But it’s all good. You’re getting a
    paycheck again.

10: Resignation - Eventually, the halo wears off. You cross swords with all the
    usual back-stabbers, ass-kissers, and whiners. Then your boss comes down on you
    hard for something you didn’t even do. So you shuffle through the parking lot,
    get in your car, and drive home with all the other rush-hour lemmings. That’s
    when it hits you. I’ve got to go to work every day again. Crap.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    That was awesome!
    I really, really, really look forward to 8-10....yes, even 10......because then life will feel normal again. :D

Thanks for the laugh.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,972
    ist that why you're now unemployed? :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:

:evil: :evil: :evil:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

mickeyrat wrote:

:evil: :evil: :evil:
    hey, sense of humor is important in this trying time your lives!!!

Besides , I'm surpried you spelled those evil smilies right!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:

*edited because i know better*
    :mrgreen: z

I kid, i kid....but yes....sense of humor is important, but it only goes so far.... :?
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

mickeyrat wrote:

I kid, i kid....but yes....sense of humor is important, but it only goes so far.... :?
    True, but BD is a good egg and a trooper to boot. I'm sure he'd find the humor in t.

mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

True, but BD is a good egg and a trooper to boot. I'm sure he'd find the humor in t.

I see....so bd is cool and i am not, is that what youre saying?!
    :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

mickeyrat wrote:

I see....so bd is cool and i am not, is that what youre saying?!
    :lol:
    No, not at all. If I were to have suggested something of that sort I might have bolded or HUGE fonted this..^^^^

Since I didnt , I wasnt. Now back to slagging on you for the "typo's" :mrgreen::lol:

Never know, I may be joining you all in th ehunt. Things dont look good in the department I manage. missing waaaaaaay to much high value stuff.

• cfbd68cfbd68 Posts: 228
    "Hard work good, & hard work fine but, first take care of head" :mrgreen:
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder, to find an approach and a way to live
    Constant Recoil..Sometimes life, Don't leave you alone
    When the anxious is the present, unwrap your gifts, take your time