Fuck work....

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,464
edited June 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
My week vacation comes to an end...
I owe.. I owe...So off to work I go......

FUCK WORK!!!!!!
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    just stop going.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,464
    conman wrote:
    just stop going.
    Great idea!!!

If only I was 18..
    And lived with my mommy...
    And didnt have car payments...
    Or a mortgage....

Oh to be a kid again!!!!!
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    ...before it fucks you.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    if it was fun..it would be called play
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977

exactly.

and trust me, be thankful for what you have.
    it can all be gone in an instant.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

exactly.

tis true

hope all is well sweetie
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

exactly.

I heard some rumors that you had some bad luck with work in the last year....

How are things??
    Getting better???

And feel free to answer with....
    NONE OF YOUR DAMNED BUSINESS!!!!!!! hehehehehe
    edited June 2011

exactly.

I heard some rumors that you had some bad luck with work in the last year....

How are things??
    Getting better???

And feel free to answer with....
    NONE OF YOUR DAMNED BUSINESS!!!!!!! hehehehehe

1. shitty
    2. see # 1.
    :P

in all seriousness i know life could be a helluva lot worse, i am lucky in many, many ways but you bet...professionally? life SUCKS at the moment, and i really have no idea how or when i will get that to change. it's very difficult when all your education and experience went into a career field that didn't pan out and probably can't re-enter...and then what? you are 42 years old and contemplating what you want to be when you grow up. again. except now you're middle-aged. :lol:

oh and thanks neily. :)
    Post edited by decides2dream on
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

1. shitty
    2. see # 1.

in all seriousness i know life could be a helluva lot worse, i am lucky in many, many ways but you bet...professionally? life SUCKS at the moment, and i really have no idea how or when i will get that to change. it's very difficult when all your education and experience went into a career field that didn't pan out and probably can't re-enter...and then what? you are 42 years old and contemplating what you want to be when you grow up. again. except now you're middle-aged. :lol:
    You can always get back into teaching ....right?
    Or am I wrong?
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632

oh and thanks neily. :)

funny and sad that I can say almost the same exact thing, including my age. 20 years is a long time to be working if it is not something you really like. But also glad I have a job, a lot of people lost theirs this week where I work. I am one of the 'lucky' ones that get to stay.

1. shitty
    2. see # 1.

You can always get back into teaching ....right?
    Or am I wrong?

more than likely, no.
    i've been out of the classroom 6 years now, which is an eternity in most schools' eyes. and, even back when i was teaching - i was in private schools - could never break into the public schools, which is ultimately why i left to forge a new direction the first place...try and make a living. also, i am an art teacher. there are little to no jobs for art teachers, especially where i am. VERY competitive market, lots fo teachers, not a lot of work. and so here i am, no idea. i mean, i have ideas...but apparently no one agrees with em. :lol: i have been called for a few teaching interviews and other fields, but i have yet to get past phone interview status. so here i am. and my degrees, all related to art/education, and very academic-minded. i have an MA in photography, but i could never get hired as a photographer, i am quite outdated, so who knows. lots of education, but not a enough real-life experience, and too many employers can't seem to see how my experience could benefit them, no matter how i try...
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

more than likely, no.
    i've been out of the classroom 6 years now, which is an eternity in most schools' eyes. and, even back when i was teaching - i was in private schools - could never break into the public schools, which is ultimately why i left to forge a new direction the first place...try and make a living. also, i am an art teacher. there are little to no jobs for art teachers, especially where i am. VERY competitive market, lots fo teachers, not a lot of work. and so here i am, no idea. i mean, i have ideas...but apparently no one agrees with em. :lol: i have been called for a few teaching interviews and other fields, but i have yet to get past phone interview status. so here i am. and my degrees, all related to art/education, and very academic-minded. i have an MA in photography, but i could never get hired as a photographer, i am quite outdated, so who knows. lots of education, but not a enough real-life experience, and too many employers can't seem to see how my experience could benefit them, no matter how i try...
    Damn...
    Im sorry.....
    Things will get better....

And again..
    Its good to see you back here.....

more than likely, no.
    Damn...
    Im sorry.....
    Things will get better....

And again..
    Its good to see you back here.....

i think this is the nicest and most serious/sincere post i have ever read from you - directed my way, anyway ;)...and all i had to do was get laid off. :lol:

(in all seriousness, thanks)

btw - didn't mean to ruin your thread, i DO understand the sentiment, just the last year has taught me a LOT. it's all perspective. and you never, ever do think it will happen to you. i sure as shit didn't.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    conman wrote:
    just stop going.

Is that you Peter?

Office%20Space.jpg

By the way, check out Channel 9, it's the breast exam.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    conman wrote:
    just stop going.

Is that you Peter?

Office%20Space.jpg

By the way, check out Channel 9, it's the breast exam.
    :thumbup:

btw - didn't mean to ruin your thread, i DO understand the sentiment, just the last year has taught me a LOT. it's all perspective. and you never, ever do think it will happen to you. i sure as shit didn't.
    Never to late to re-invent yourself as far as work goes....
    Im sure you already know this....

Find something else that interests you....
    And GO FOR IT!!!!!

And I am being serious here...
    You like wine..
    You know alot about wine..
    You are an expert on wine....

Call the local liquor distributer and become a salesman......

Why not??
    The beverage industry is always looking for salesman...I worked in that industry for a few years....
    The salesman made a good living, and they enjoyed their work...They had fun with it....

Never to late to re-invent yourself as far as work goes....
    Im sure you already know this....

Find something else that interests you....
    And GO FOR IT!!!!!

And I am being serious here...
    You like wine..
    You know alot about wine..
    You are an expert on wine....

Call the local liquor distributer and become a salesman......

Why not??
    The beverage industry is always looking for salesman...I worked in that industry for a few years....
    The salesman made a good living, and they enjoyed their work...They had fun with it....

it isn't.
    this i know.
    i just don't really know what i want to do.

funny you mention sales, i HAVE pursued a few sales jobs, tho more related to art/interior design....i know a helluva lot more about those fields than wine. i just love to drink wine. :D one of my best friends from my undergrad years makes close to 200k a year in photo sales, he's an independent rep, working out of texas. the only big issue with his work, or a lot of sales jobs, is all the travel...on the road and/or in the sky all the time. now i LOVE travel, but idk if i would like that, and i know mr. dream wouldn't. it's already been discussed. we'll see. eventually i HAVE to figure it out. i've been working on it, obviously, just haven't gotten there yet.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    conman wrote:
    just stop going.
    Great idea!!!

If only I was 18..
    And lived with my mommy...
    And didnt have car payments...
    Or a mortgage....

Oh to be a kid again!!!!!
    its awesome
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    After spending a very long time out of work, I am grateful to have a job that I enjoy so much.
    But that doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy a nice long vacation.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I started working the day I turned 16, and have been unemployed for about two weeks total in my life, back when I was 18..

At 32, my biggest fear is losing my job and being unemployed, and even though I've been fortunate, I still lose sleep over it. :?
    Gob wrote:
    I started working the day I turned 16, and have been unemployed for about two weeks total in my life, back when I was 18..

At 32, my biggest fear is losing my job and being unemployed, and even though I've been fortunate, I still lose sleep over it. :?

in my industry..people come and go everyday

everyday i leave work i'm thankful i have a job
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,584
    i worked on saturday. productive day.

record low rates = the juggler anticipating getting some deals in today :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Wish I had some work to fuck
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    :lol::lol: ,you can join my maids team and post in the nights for me.. :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    :lol::lol: ,you can join my maids team and post in the nights for me.. :lol::lol:
    Do I get Medical Benefits :P
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    ill give you the same...benefits the others maids gets
    Dominique Strauss-Kahn
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    ill give you the same...benefits the others maids gets
    Dominique Strauss-Kahn
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    :shock:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Our network is down.....but my phone works
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg