Options

Do Ga/Ga seats qualify for lottery?

Comments

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891
    Pearl Joe wrote:
    Your lawn seats are designated lawn because you don't have a reserved seat. If that were possible, you would move into the reserved seats and someone who had a reserved seat would be pushed into the lawn.

Thats impossible

Unlikely - perhaps, but why do you say it's impossible... None of us actually have a reserved seat yet even if we purchased RES/GA since our 10C ticket order didn't have a seat number on it. The 10C can easily fill all the reserved rows first by randomly picking from all tix, GA included, and then just start filling in by seniority around that with all remaining RES tix pairs. Or maybe they would pick something like 2 or 3 random pairs out of GA and the rest random out of RES for the lottery.

I think it would actually be pretty cool for someone to think they were on the lawn but win the lottery. Personally, I'd wish them all the best for that opportunity actually and wouldn't care one bit that they bought a "cheaper" pair.

The amount of tickets that will be sold will be the amount of seats contained in Alpine. So you are suggesting that 10C not sell 4 rows worth of tix?

Are people here really thinking this through? I am pretty sure I am done with this thread soon :lol: .
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Discopij wrote:
    Would you still be upset if you found out that GA people winning the lottery would have to pay the difference?

I know this question was not directed towards me, but since I have had basically the same opinion as JS so far...

I honestly would not even care if a lawn person won the lottery. Hell, that could be me on the night that I did not get a reserved seat. But there are too many logistical problems with this and that is why I am almost certain that 10C will not do it.
    i understand the way you think,i have this opinion cos was a mess ticket sale and not a normal one,cos most of people didnt actually choose ga/ga,but got what left of it
    and dont forget,peopel after 10-12 hours buy tix the same time others thought the store was closed
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Discopij wrote:
    Would you still be upset if you found out that GA people winning the lottery would have to pay the difference?

I know this question was not directed towards me, but since I have had basically the same opinion as JS so far...

I honestly would not even care if a lawn person won the lottery. Hell, that could be me on the night that I did not get a reserved seat. But there are too many logistical problems with this and that is why I am almost certain that 10C will not do it.
    i understand the way you think,i have this opinion cos was a mess ticket sale and not a normal one,cos most of people didnt actually choose ga/ga,but got what left of it
    ???????????????

That happens with every ticket sale.

People don't get the tickets they want.

What difference does this make?
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    Laf9124Laf9124 Posts: 342
    What about this--as a goodwill gesture from the TC, they make 1 set of tickets per lottery row available to those who have GA/GA seats? I'm sure the band gets enough seats for themselves so it won't affect anyone who paid Res/GA prices. If you do it a straight lottery with all involved, who's to say that the majority of the winners won't come from the lawn? That'd mess everything up. But, doing one pair/row only could work out and, like I said, be a really nice gesture from the TC for Mondays issues.

With that said, I bought GA/GA because I'm going with my fam, and didn't expect to be included in the lottery and won't be bummed if I am not.
  • Options
    Pearl JoePearl Joe Posts: 81
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

The amount of tickets that will be sold will be the amount of seats contained in Alpine. So you are suggesting that 10C not sell 4 rows worth of tix?

Are people here really thinking this through? I am pretty sure I am done with this thread soon :lol: .

They could do this process as soon as today - before all seats have been sold. And if they upgraded just 1 or 2 pairs (and knew in advance how many GA they planned on upgrading) they could have planned in advance and held a few seats back. All I'm saying.. not impossible - and I still say to the OP, it was a good question.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Discopij wrote:

and dont forget,peopel after 10-12 hours buy tix the same time others thought the store was closed

I agree that this whole week and has been unfair to a lot of people. But I do not believe a lottery for all makes it any better.

However, an awesome and long setlist each night should do the trick :D .
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

I agree that this whole week and has been unfair to a lot of people. But I do not believe a lottery for all makes it any better.

However, an awesome and long setlist each night should do the trick :D .
    ok,if i win the lottery ill give it to the hotest girl of the lawn area!!!!!!!
    thats fair :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Pearl Joe wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

They could do this process as soon as today - before all seats have been sold. And if they upgraded just 1 or 2 pairs (and knew in advance how many GA they planned on upgrading) they could have planned in advance and held a few seats back. All I'm saying.. not impossible - and I still say to the OP, it was a good question.

I think it is possible, but this is all about revenue. I doubt they would lose the chance to make more money to make a few lotto winners happy.

And I think it was a good question. I just believe that the answer is a lot simpler than this thread is making it seem. :D

If I am wrong, can we please delete this thread? :lol:
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Meh.....who cares
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    i hope,will be for all..i dont care if i have ga/seated,ill go both days at lawn probably,to be with more than one friends to party
    In that case Dimi - may I be considered in your "lottery" for your reserved ticket? My 1/4 Greek wife might bring you some stuffed olives in return!
  • Options
    DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 444
    I guess all i'm saying is that i don't think i should have an exclusive right to be in the lottery just because i was lucky enough to get RES/GA. If 10C sent an email out today saying that they'd include every 10C member who didn't get any tix to PJ20 in the lottery as long as they'd be willing to submit CC info, I'd be ok with that too. This will obviously never happen, but i'd be fine with it ... even if i lose the lottery, i still get my "shitty" 404xxx tix, which is a nice consolation prize.

Do I think it will happen? No. But this is how I would like to see all 10C lotteries work in the future.

Hopefully we get an answer soon so we can stop debating it ;)
  • Options
    Discopij wrote:
    even if i lose the lottery, i still get my "shitty" 404xxx tix, which is a nice consolation prize.

I have a shitty number too- 400xxx :) .
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    Discopij wrote:
    I guess all i'm saying is that i don't think i should have an exclusive right to be in the lottery just because i was lucky enough to get RES/GA. If 10C sent an email out today saying that they'd include every 10C member who didn't get any tix to PJ20 in the lottery as long as they'd be willing to submit CC info, I'd be ok with that too. This will obviously never happen, but i'd be fine with it ... even if i lose the lottery, i still get my "shitty" 404xxx tix, which is a nice consolation prize.

Do I think it will happen? No. But this is how I would like to see all 10C lotteries work in the future.

Hopefully we get an answer soon so we can stop debating it ;)
    i think there is no answer..will not happen,i just think its fair if 10c did it,cos of the mess sale and the buy tickets the same time store was closed :)
  • Options
    Laf9124 wrote:
    What about this--as a goodwill gesture from the TC, they make 1 set of tickets per lottery row available to those who have GA/GA seats? I'm sure the band gets enough seats for themselves so it won't affect anyone who paid Res/GA prices. If you do it a straight lottery with all involved, who's to say that the majority of the winners won't come from the lawn? That'd mess everything up. But, doing one pair/row only could work out and, like I said, be a really nice gesture from the TC for Mondays issues.

With that said, I bought GA/GA because I'm going with my fam, and didn't expect to be included in the lottery and won't be bummed if I am not.
    +1 - honestly I'd have mixed emotions if I finally did win the lottery, as my wife would have to sit with one kid while I sat with the other.

Bigger picture: I'm seeing Pearl Jam two straight nights at Alpine...I don't give a rats ass if I have to see them from on top the porta-john at the top of the hill!
  • Options
    Laf9124Laf9124 Posts: 342
    Black73 wrote:
    Laf9124 wrote:

+1 - honestly I'd have mixed emotions if I finally did win the lottery, as my wife would have to sit with one kid while I sat with the other.

Bigger picture: I'm seeing Pearl Jam two straight nights at Alpine...I don't give a rats ass if I have to see them from on top the porta-john at the top of the hill!
    Totally agree with your "Don't care where I sit" line. I'm the same way. I got seats on the lawn for seemingly the same reason as you--taking my daughter and the lawn is easier. With that said, I took her to two shows last spring, and holding her during the show wasn't that bad.

Like I said though, setting aside one pair of tickets per lottery row won't affect everyone who bought Res/GA tickets, and would be a nice gesture on behalf of the TC to the fans. Either way, I'm cool--but I think if they are to do something like that, it's the most logical way to go.
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    Wow!!!...

I didn't think this thread would blow up like it did

But let me explain myself. As someone who has never experienced a Res/Ga and Ga/Ga ticketed 10c show I wasn't sure how things would work out. Considering that most shows are just 10c in general and not two different types of tickets, all 10c members are included in the lottery. All the tickets sold to fan club members for Alpine were in fact 10c tickets, so maybe it was Just a thought that all members would be included!!

I'm not defending either side of the discussion or think that think that everybody in the lawn should be entitled to the lottery....it was just a thought. Maybe its possible, maybe not.

All I known is that I am very grateful just to be there rockin out with all the fans!!!

Sorry for giving everybody a headache :o
  • Options
    yellowwho wrote:
    Wow!!!...

But let me explain myself. As someone who has never experienced a Res/Ga and Ga/Ga ticketed 10c show I wasn't sure how things would work out. Considering that most shows are just 10c in general and not two different types of tickets, all 10c members are included in the lottery. All the tickets sold to fan club members for Alpine were in fact 10c tickets, so maybe it was Just a thought that all members would be included!!

I'm not defending either side of the discussion or think that think that everybody in the lawn should be entitled to the lottery....it was just a thought. Maybe its possible, maybe not.

All I known is that I am very grateful just to be there rockin out with all the fans!!!

Like many others have said, it's a great question. Regardless how you feel, we're pushing 80 responses in a short time on this one, so it's at least debatable!
  • Options
    yellowwho wrote:
    Wow!!!...

no headache,great theme for a thread..good conversation here :)
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    People, let's use some common sense here. The lawn tickets cost less, so they will not be entitled to (the opportunity of) front row seats. It would be asinine to allow this.
    Why??
    Who cares if they give lawn folks the same chance to sit up front??
    Who is it hurting?

Read my other post.

You get what you pay for. You paid for lawn, you get lawn. Even if you wanted seats.

And I don't want to be mean about it for the people who could not get reserved tix. I realize the last few days have sucked. But the GA/GA people should not expect to be put in the lottery.

I agree. I forgot about the price. I dont think this will happen either. People wish for things a lot here. Its like the people who think that 400xxx will be up front when in reality that isn't going to happen unless they win the lottery.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
    In2Deep wrote:
    Are they even doing lotto for this? I saw it stated under the Canada tickets, but no where did I see it on the PJ20 ones. Just saw it was going to be seniority. :?
    it is seniority
    exept 1,2 row and 9 10 as always

Where was it stated that they're doing lottery for these shows? I didn't see it. Personally, i don' think they should. I'm a 181'er, so it doesn't make a difference to me, but these are shows that straight seniority should take precedence.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • Options
    SkeeterB wrote:
    In2Deep wrote:
    Are they even doing lotto for this? I saw it stated under the Canada tickets, but no where did I see it on the PJ20 ones. Just saw it was going to be seniority. :?
    it is seniority
    exept 1,2 row and 9 10 as always

Where was it stated that they're doing lottery for these shows? I didn't see it. Personally, i don' think they should. I'm a 181'er, so it doesn't make a difference to me, but these are shows that straight seniority should take precedence.
    - Ten Club tickets for reserved seating are allocated by membership seniority, with the exception of rows 1-2 and rows 9-10 which will be used for random allocation.
    -Seat location is not revealed in advance of the show. You will find out your seat location when you pick your tickets up at will call.
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=156592
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    I really thought that both shows would be totally random allocation ..For seats that is
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    I read this entire thread and there are both points for both sides.

What is stated on the 10club website was that anyone with a 10C presale ticket had a chance to win the 1,2,9,10 rows lottery. It did not specify that you had to buy the res/ga package. It did not specifiy if the ga/ga tickets would be left out of the lottery. Technically by their rules, ga/ga people have a shot for the lottery because they are "10c presale tickets", but we will have to see what they say, if they have the tickets available, etc.

Tim? Rob? Anyone know the definite answer?
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    yellowwho wrote:
    Thanks, I was always told no question is a stupied question, but after I asked I got alittle scared :D:D

Don't let Speedy make you feel good, that was a dumb question.

:lol::lol: It was a good question, however, with an obvious answer. That make any sense??
  • Options
    FrankieG wrote:

What is stated on the 10club website was that anyone with a 10C presale ticket had a chance to win the 1,2,9,10 rows lottery. It did not specify that you had to buy the res/ga package. It did not specifiy if the ga/ga tickets would be left out of the lottery. Technically by their rules, ga/ga people have a shot for the lottery because they are "10c presale tickets", but we will have to see what they say, if they have the tickets available, etc.

- Ten Club tickets for reserved seating are allocated by membership seniority, with the exception of rows 1-2 and rows 9-10 which will be used for random allocation.
    -Seat location is not revealed in advance of the show. You will find out your seat location when you pick your tickets up at will call.

It says tickets for "reserved seating", not tickets for "anyone".
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    FrankieG wrote:

it says reserved seating", are allocated by membership seniority
    the exception 1-2 etc doesnt say from which package coming from..

and at ticket rules at 10c infos says:

Ten Club reserves the right to make changes to this policy when deemed necessary.
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Half of the lottery seats are friends of the bands anyways. Imagine PJ20... There maybe only 2 real lotto winners.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    FrankieG wrote:

it says reserved seating", are allocated by membership seniority
    the exception 1-2 etc doesnt say from which package coming from..

and at ticket rules at 10c infos says:

Ten Club reserves the right to make changes to this policy when deemed necessary.

My point is that it never referenced anyone being able to win the lotto.
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    Half of the lottery seats are friends of the bands anyways. Imagine PJ20... There maybe only 2 real lotto winners.

Thats true.
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    Mike's SideMike's Side Posts: 954
    The lottery will probably not include the lawn but i would bet money that at some point there will be a crew member walking waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up there in the lawn to hook someone up with some killer seats.
    1996 - Ft Lauderdale
    1998 - West Palm Beach 1
    2000 - West Palm Beach 1&2
    2003 - WPB,Tampa,Atlanta,Camden 1&2,MSG 1&2, Boston 3,Hershey Park
    2004 - Asheville, Kissimmee
    2008 - West Palm Beach,Tampa,Columbia,Virginia Beach, Mansfield 1&2
    2010 - Hartford,Boston,Newark, MSG 1&2
    2011 - PJ20 1&2, Costa Rica
    2013 - Wrigley,Brooklyn 1&2,Seattle
    2014 - Denver,Mountain View 1&2
    2015 - Bogata, Mexico City
    2016 - Ft Lauderdale,Miami,Tampa,NYC 1&2,Telluride,Fenway 1&2,Wrigley 1&2