Options

~Sept. 2 Wishlist Fundraiser/Pre-party~

1333435363739»

Comments

• Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    I had a blast, it was great meeting so many people.
    I loved when the owner of the bar was like, "We have to close the doors...I'm already way past capacity!" :lol:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    amazing party! mad props to everyone who organized and donated!

it was great to meet so many awesome people and put some faces with the screen names that i have been reading and interacting with for so many years.

there was such a great vibe the whole weekend and i think the preparty friday night kind of set the tone to maintain that great vibe over the whole weekend. i felt like i was there with MY people. people who get me and who understand me because we all share the same passion for this band that most casual fans do not understand.

i am actually kind of sad today because i realize that what we did this weekend is over and that we can't re-live it and that we may not see some of those great people again. it was like bizzaro world where everyone was so nice and so generous and so selfless. i did not meet one asshole all weekend. and as soon as we got on the highway from our campground to come home yesterday a guy cut us off and flipped me off. that is when i knew i was back in the real world again....

thanks to everyone for making the party and the entire weekend so amazing.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    CloneOfASonCloneOfASon Madison, WI Posts: 1,080
    This was an amazing event Jen and everyone else that contributed!!!! I'm glad I was able to make it for the time I could!
    i am actually kind of sad today because i realize that what we did this weekend is over and that we can't re-live it and that we may not see some of those great people again. it was like bizzaro world where everyone was so nice and so generous and so selfless. i did not meet one asshole all weekend. and as soon as we got on the highway from our campground to come home yesterday a guy cut us off and flipped me off. that is when i knew i was back in the real world again....

I started to come down from this feeling last night. Was a little depressed this morning but being able to finally get back on here has helped bring it back a little bit. It was so great to meet the people I did, and just to know that "all the hundreds of people crammed into this bar sweating their asses off are here because they want to be and for the same reason as me!!"