Options

Special Guests for PJ20?

2»

Comments

• Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    rhinomagic wrote:
    I'm not buying any of these yet-to-be-named special guests, but--to be fair--there is an airport very,very close to Alpine Valley: East Troy Municipal Airport.

People w/ juice like the ones you're naming can fly into just about any airport they choose.

However, I still don't think of PJ as the type to play an all-star jam set for an occasion like this. They did it once in Santa Barbara. That was cool, but here it wouldn't be so.

PJDW is about PJ. And that's what we're paying for and who we're going to all this trouble to see.

Fair enough. To be honest, I don't even see the connection in some of these ideas. I've been a PJ fan since the beginning, but asking Bruce to be there (hate him with a passion) seems equal to asking Elton John to be there. I don't see the connection other than they have spoken very highly of each other. Neil, sure, even Pete and Roger. But, Bruce?

Whatever. If I'm lucky enough to go, I hope they don't announce. The surprise will be better than knowing anyway. I'm going to see PJ for some lengthy sets, and if someone shows up - all the better. I actually hope they do some extended jamming (no pun intended) on their own.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    HOTRATSHOTRATS Posts: 40
    Jack Irons and Dave A would be cool since they were part of the bands history.
    “Without music, life would be a mistake.”
    -Friedrich Nietzsche-
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    HOTRATS wrote:

If you got divorced would you bring your ex to your 50th wedding anniversary? :?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    HOTRATSHOTRATS Posts: 40
    HOTRATS wrote:

If you got divorced would you bring your ex to your 50th wedding anniversary? :?

I can see Dave not being there, but I know Jack has no bad blood with the boys.
    “Without music, life would be a mistake.”
    -Friedrich Nietzsche-
  • Options
    Oceans 98Oceans 98 Posts: 232
    Neuge wrote:
    And I wouldn't bet against a green river reunion.

I would.

It could happen. They played a couple years back they could do it again.
    St. Louis 07/02/98, St. Louis 10/11/00, New York 07/08/03, New York 07/09/03, Chicago 05/16/06, Chicago 05/17/06, Bridge School 10/21/06, Bridge School 10/22/06, Chicago 07/05/07, Chicago 07/24/09, Kansas City 05/03/10, St Louis 05/04/10, PJ20 09/03/11, PJ20 09/04/11, Chicago 07/19/13, St. Louis 10/03/14, Ohana 09/24/21 (EV/Earthings), Ohana 09/25/21 (EV/Earthlings), Ohana 09/26/21, Nashville 09/16/22, Louisville 09/17/22, St. Louis 09/18/22, Oklahoma City 09/20/22

• Options
    HailHailOZHailHailOZ Posts: 350
    Neuge wrote:
    Neuge wrote:
    And I wouldn't bet against a green river reunion.

I would.

It could happen. They played a couple years back they could do it again.

Except Alex Vincent they are all there already... not too much of a stretch I'd think. This is going to be a celebration so I won't be surprised to see anything and everything happen come end of night 2.