How do people live in Seatte/Portland? RE: Weather

2»

Comments

• I'm not made of sugar so it doesn't affect me.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,968
    I think it's some of the best weather, but others can't handle it and move away or they get depressed over time. You have to resign yourself to the fact that it will be raining nov-march and not set yourself up thinking "I hope it's not raining Saturday, I'm going to do (insert outdoor activity here)". You get some good rain gear and accept it. The low humidity and no bugs is the best thing ever.
  • I grew up in San Diego, went to school in Santa Barbara, and then moved here in '98. No clue how a guy like me could put up with the rain, but it has never bothered me one bit! Like someone else posted, the rain tends to be very mist-like and the canopy does make a difference too. It really does make for a lush landscape out here... just beautiful.

I guess if you wanted, you could do what Eddie does- live in Seattle during the warm months and Hawaii in the cold months! HE has it figured out!!!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I guess if you wanted, you could do what Eddie does- live in Seattle during the warm months and Hawaii in the cold months! HE has it figured out!!!

TRANSPLANT! :lol:

Ed also has the means to live in Hawaii...it's crazy expensive to live there! My friend visited and said a gallon of milk costs something like $8.

Oh, BTW everybody...today is absolutely BEAUTIFUL.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:

TRANSPLANT! :lol:

Ed also has the means to live in Hawaii...it's crazy expensive to live there! My friend visited and said a gallon of milk costs something like $8.

Oh, BTW everybody...today is absolutely BEAUTIFUL.

That it is... sucks to be at work! 70 and sunny can't be more perfect!
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    There's definitely a difference between living in Portland and Seattle. As someone who has just moved up to Seattle from Portland in the last year it is definitely colder and wetter in Seattle. The dreary weather effects me more living in Seattle.

The sunny days that we've had this week are downright awesome though.
    NERDS!