I need to vent about the NFL lockout

DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I've been a fan of the NFL since i was a kid in Calli. I remember being so young that i thought the guys who played football had really big shoulders and just wore helmets so they wouldn't hurt thier head. Of course i was 4 at this time and my favorite teams were all the teams who had silver helmets. I thought silver was an awesome color so i liked all teams with silver. I know the Raiders and Seahawks had silver helmets then.

Anyway fastforward to my dad getting out of the navy and us moving back to Buffalo. I became and still am a Bills fan (go ahead make fun of me i can take it) i'm a die hard i even have a Bills tattoo. I have just about had enough of these spoiled brats.

To hear that these guys are crying over money just pisses me off. I love going to a Bills game i can only afford one game a year. With the tixs, gas from OH to NY food, brews, and other expenses it is pricey but i save money every year to go. My cousin helps out with expenses but it still cost alot of dough to go. Hell it's 25 bucks just to park.

When i hear about the issues going on i get mad. Now the latest rumor to surface is. If the lockout is lifted the NFL might consider just shuting down http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/05/roger-goodell-wont-address-rumors-of-a-total-nfl-shutdown/1. What the hell is that about? People have oh they wont do that to much money to loose. Well i think the NFL has gotten cocky with it's popularity. Thinking they can shut down and fans will still come back. I promise this if the NFL does shut down i will no longer watch a single game. I'm not going to throw out my Bills stuff i have some cool stuff. But i will no longer drop a dime into the NFL.

I would like to think i am not the only one who feels this way. I mean come on this league makes 9B a year and these spoiled brats cant figure out how to distribute the money fairly. We have people struggling to make ends meet but these cocksmokers think they are worth all the money in the world. I mean shit i wish i would of gotten a workout bonus when i was in the army. I stayed in shape i busted my ass hell i fell off a tank and herniated 3 disk all i get is a headache of fighting ith the VA about my benifits.

Ok i feel better. Well a little
My butt itches!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Wow....nobody is going to win with this mess. Perhaps its time to start a new league
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    Wow....nobody is going to win with this mess. Perhaps its time to start a new league

XFL anybody?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    81 wrote:

And whats sad is the NBA is heading towards the same path. It's sad the players say they are the ones losing but in reality we the fans are the ones who are losing.

For alot of us we look forward to Sundays. For three hours on Sundays we forget about out problems in the world and enjoy our team.

Makes me wish the USFL hadn't folded. I might go check out some semi pro leagues here in Ohio. Probly get bet action watching men play for the love of the game not for a check.
    My butt itches!
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

XFL anybody?

LOL

1284578079.jpg
    My butt itches!
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    arena football time
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    DURP wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

XFL anybody?

LOL

1284578079.jpg

hey! at least it was entertaining for me. :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    [/quote]

hey! at least it was entertaining for me. :lol:[/quote]

It wasn't a bad idea just poorly run. Hell it gave Tommy Maddux a second life in the NFL and HE HATE ME got a shot as well.

The USFL was a good idea as well but again poorly run and they tried to compete against the NFL.
    My butt itches!
    Lingere football
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Lingere football

WINNER FOR BEST IDEA!
    My butt itches!
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,395
    I've posted in other places how my interest in the NFL has waned in recent years (well before this calamity).

I mean, my first sports love was Randall Cunningham, Buddy Ryan & Gang Green. I still remember almost every Eagles game from the late-80s & early 90s. When they choked against GB this year, I really didn't even care. I used to think of Sunday football as a necessity - now I can take it or leave it. I used to wonder how realtors had the balls to have open houses right in the middle of football Sunday. Now I couldn't give a shit.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
    I need to vent as well.

I can not go through a long Wisconsin winter without creaming over Matthews in spandex.

Thank you.
    I need to vent as well.

I can not go through a long Wisconsin winter without creaming over Matthews in spandex.

Thank you.

That was way more info than we needed but thank you for sharing.
    My butt itches!
  • namecidnamecid Posts: 24
    The owners are greedy. They get taxpayers to pay for their stadiums, get revenue from all events held at the stadium and they get sponsorship money from another business to name the stadium. How broke could they be?

They also backed out of an agreement to split profits with the players. The players just want what was agreed upon and the ownes want it all.
    Namecid
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    NFL? Pfffffft. Who needs it when we've got UFL football?

click the big green button.

Oh, and don't forget about the new USFL.

Again, I direct your attention to the green button.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435
    namecid wrote:
    The owners are greedy. They get taxpayers to pay for their stadiums, get revenue from all events held at the stadium and they get sponsorship money from another business to name the stadium. How broke could they be?

They also backed out of an agreement to split profits with the players. The players just want what was agreed upon and the ownes want it all.

kind of like 99% of all business owners in america.

the players are fools. they can't win. the average career is 3-years so all the players are doing is cost themselves money personally. whatever the money the owners give the players is still way more than 98% of the public makes in a normal year. eventually when the paychecks don't come (they havent missed a pay check yet because they don't start until the 1st game of the season) the players will realize this.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    As many here know, I would love nothing more than cancelled games. The NFL is so overrated and I would love all those fuckers to have some sense slapped back into them.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    NFL is crap, you should all watch Aussie Rules Football!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    i love watching the NFL but i refuse to pay to attend a game. Its goddamn ridiculous how much it costs to attend after its all said and done. i dont have kids but I imagine it costs a family of 4 well over $500 for a single game if you factor in tix, parking and concessions. I've worked with (not for) the Jaguars for years and worked the Super Bowl when it was in Jacksonville. You've never seen so much downright greed in your life. That's why I like baseball...you can still get cheap seats to a ballgame for $10 or less in most cities (perhaps not Boston or NY). Granted MLB host 80-somethin home games so its a different dynamic but still, the NFL disgusts me. ok, now my rant is over too ;) Anyway, the NFL (the league and it's players) make too much fucking money to really let this dispute shut down the league. Mark my words, there will be pro football come Aug, like it or not.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,679
    I am also a Bills fan.

Im not paying too much attention to it. I have put myself in a frame of mind where I dont care if there is a season or not. Itll suck not going to some games and awesome tailgate parties, but I can deal.

I also dont watch ESPN at all so I am not exposed to anything NFL.

So I havent been getting too upset.
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    Do you Bills fans know anything about the team's new uniform unveiling that they announced a while back? Did that get postponed?

They probably think it would be in bad taste to do something like that during the lockout, but if you ask me, it would be a good move. IT would be their way of saying, "Look, there might not be a season, but at least when we DO come back, we'll be wearing this instead of those godawful eyesores we've been trotting out for a decade or so."
  • Chip McFlenniganChip McFlennigan Posts: 1,162
    In my opinion, these NFL players don't get paid enough money.

If they did, how come 70% of them go broke within two years of being out of the league?

These men are true heroes, making a difference in our society by putting their bodies on the line, sacrificing themselves for our entertainment and their meager salaries.
    I knew it all along, see?

If they did, how come 70% of them go broke within two years of being out of the league?

These men are true heroes, making a difference in our society by putting their bodies on the line, sacrificing themselves for our entertainment and their meager salaries.

i smell sarcism :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

i smell sarcism :lol:

I wouldn't know sarcism if it kicked me in the nuts.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    The lockout was a dumb idea. 43% of $9 billion just isn't enough. Open the books if you claim you are losing money.
    If they cancel any part of the season, they will likely lose me as a fan.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,595
    i still think they get a deal at some point in the summer once the players start not receiving paychecks.

at worst, they'll have a couple games post poned (they're arranged the schedule for this purpose).

i sincerely doubt they will let it get as bad as the mlb catostrophe of '94...or even the other sports lockouts that cancelled half seasons.

all that said, as we approach june and we're at the point where mini camps and ota's are not happening---it's really bugging me as a birds fan. we have an all new, inexperienced, coaching staff on defense, a qb who really needs a full off season of reps, and another qb who really needs to be traded. this longer this lasts, it's going to affect certain teams way more than others and that sucks.

GO. BIRDS.
    www.myspace.com
    also, i am all for lingerie football as replacement games though. :thumbup: :wave:
    www.myspace.com
    JTH wrote:
    Do you Bills fans know anything about the team's new uniform unveiling that they announced a while back? Did that get postponed?

They probably think it would be in bad taste to do something like that during the lockout, but if you ask me, it would be a good move. IT would be their way of saying, "Look, there might not be a season, but at least when we DO come back, we'll be wearing this instead of those godawful eyesores we've been trotting out for a decade or so."

Yeah it got leaked in a madden trailer. The Bills must of told EA to get a new teaser because it's no longer on the web. I'm sure if i dig i could find it. You got a glimpse of Steve Johnson catching a ball and he was wearing this uniform not the old 60's or current. They are going to the late 70's early 80's uniforms.

joe_ferguson_display_image.jpg?1288685157

Yeah the uniforms they have now have pissed me off since day one. I'm sure they are postponing it till who knows when.
    My butt itches!
    I don't even care at this point. Shit, I love the NFL, and I worship all the great Eagles players as gods and true role models (looking at you, Vick), but I'm getting sick of the corruption from the fascist NFL.

Pay these poor players the money they deserve for putting their lives on the line day in, and day out.

It makes me sick to see these poor guys go broke so soon after they leave the league. They're obviously underpaid.

Dez Bryant is suffering right now.
    DURP wrote:
    JTH wrote:

Yeah it got leaked in a madden trailer. The Bills must of told EA to get a new teaser because it's no longer on the web. I'm sure if i dig i could find it. You got a glimpse of Steve Johnson catching a ball and he was wearing this uniform not the old 60's or current. They are going to the late 70's early 80's uniforms.

joe_ferguson_display_image.jpg?1288685157

Yeah the uniforms they have now have pissed me off since day one. I'm sure they are postponing it till who knows when.
    http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/4/ ... -madden-12

yeah old school bills uniforms are awesome. i wish every team would just go old school like that.
    www.myspace.com
    I loved the 1960 Eagles throwback they wore ONCE this past season. Kelly Green for the win.