Mother giving her 8 yr old daughter botox...

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    I thought the thread said
    Mother giving 8 year old an xbox :lol:

WTF is wrong with people? That whole beauty pageant thing ruins people, especially the kids.
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    EmBleve wrote:
    And another thing, I'm unfamiliar with the whole plastic surgery arena, and the article doesn't address this, but what aesthetician or physician, or whatever they're called who does botox injections, would do this to an 8 year old? I mean, I thought people had to have some sort of questioning 'interview' type thing before doing this as an adult. Even if the mother gives consent, I would certainly think there would be an ethical violation in there somehow. :shock:

Actually, I just watched a Dr. Oz program this week about Botox. Apparently anyone can get certified ONLINE to give Botox in ONE DAY. :shock: So I bet it's not a doctor. Also, Botox can be purchased online, for a fraction of the price. It is not regulated in distribution or procedure. Since they are not well educated on Botox, they do not know that the weight of an of eyelash of Botox will kill a person if improperly injected. :shock:
    http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/tuesday-dr-oz-show

The padded bikini tops were from Abercrombie and Fitch. They changed their ads to say "lightly lined" now. Like that makes it better. :roll:
    http://community.babycenter.com/post/a2 ... _8_yr_olds

Plastic Surgery is too "out there" for me. I received this body and face, as a part of my package deal. I earn every grey hair, every stretch mark, and every wrinkle. They are my medals of wisdom and I wear them with pride, for they show my growth as a person. My body is the living expression of the lessons I have experienced. To try and erase them is to minimize my spiritual journey.
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    norm wrote:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auzvSkIk7xg

it's child abuse...mother should be arrested...along with all the parents that put their children in those fucking pageants
    My opinion...
    Kiddie Beauty Pageants = Pedophile Casting Call
    Kids are either cute or not cute. Dressing them up like Hollywood Blvd. hookers and caking make-up, lipstick and eye stuff on their faces isn't going to make them any cuter.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    omg I made a thread on this--- I TOTALLY did not see this thread or I wouldn't have! Sorry. :lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Cosmo wrote:
    norm wrote:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auzvSkIk7xg

it's child abuse...mother should be arrested...along with all the parents that put their children in those fucking pageants
    My opinion...
    Kiddie Beauty Pageants = Pedophile Casting Call
    Kids are either cute or not cute. Dressing them up like Hollywood Blvd. hookers and caking make-up, lipstick and eye stuff on their faces isn't going to make them any cuter.

yep...i can't believe parents don't get this...it's a moth to a flame for pedophiles...
  • EmBleve wrote:
    omg I made a thread on this--- I TOTALLY did not see this thread or I wouldn't have! Sorry. :lol:

Relax, it's not like the guy has royalties or anything.

besides, I like yours way more.
    Plastic Surgery is too "out there" for me. I received this body and face, as a part of my package deal. I earn every grey hair, every stretch mark, and every wrinkle. They are my medals of wisdom and I wear them with pride, for they show my growth as a person. My body is the living expression of the lessons I have experienced. To try and erase them is to minimize my spiritual journey.
    Amen! :lol: There is that shining attitude I love! Me---not so much. But, yeah, they are a part of what makes me me and, like you said, I earned them. It has evolved to this point. and will continue to do so.
    I will check out those links later; I am getting ready for work.
    And, I have just noticed that Thoughts_Arrive had made a thread about this same subject earlier today and I totally missed it before starting this thread. :oops: Thank you all for participating. :D xo
    EmBleve wrote:
    Amen! :lol: There is that shining attitude I love! Me---not so much. But, yeah, they are a part of what makes me me and, like you said, I earned them. It has evolved to this point. and will continue to do so.
    I will check out those links later; I am getting ready for work.
    And, I have just noticed that Thoughts_Arrive had made a thread about this same subject earlier today and I totally missed it before starting this thread. :oops: Thank you all for participating. :D xo
    No worries, I didn't see his first either. I seen yours. All good. Have a beautiful day EmBleve! :mrgreen:
    No worries, I didn't see his first either. I seen yours. All good. Have a beautiful day EmBleve! :mrgreen:
    Thank you!! YOU TOO! :D
    To add to your earlier comment, EmBleve, on the child having a distorted sense of self. The mother obviously already has one herself. She doesn't even see that her child has a soul. She is treating the child like an object, inherently passing on the distortion of self. It's up to each single person to break the negative patterns we learn and replace them with positive ones. It is our responsibility to the next generation. Obviously becoming a parent did not teach this mother that lesson. Very heartbreaking indeed. It makes me wonder what happened to that mother to become so damaged that she must literally mould her child into a false image of perfection? Very, very sad indeed.
    EmBleve wrote:

:D ...nice avatar. :lol:
    To add to your earlier comment, EmBleve, on the child having a distorted sense of self. The mother obviously already has one herself. She doesn't even see that her child has a soul. She is treating the child like an object, inherently passing on the distortion of self. It's up to each single person to break the negative patterns we learn and replace them with positive ones. It is our responsibility to the next generation. Obviously becoming a parent did not teach this mother that lesson. Very heartbreaking indeed. It makes me wonder what happened to that mother to become so damaged that she must literally mould her child into a false image of perfection? Very, very sad indeed.
    Yes, exactly. And I don't know if it's projecting her self onto her daughter, or living vicariously through her, or both. Either way, it's very sad and irresponsible, and her daughter is going to suffer for it.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Funny, the few times I've stomached watching a bit of these pageant shows, it's remarkable how many of the mothers are obese and something less that what's considered physically attractive.

I was just about to write the exact same thing ... the ones I have seen are all fat trailer trash women living vicariously through their daughters.
    Truly sickening
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    Get_Right wrote:
    I thought the thread said
    Mother giving 8 year old an xbox :lol:

WTF is wrong with people? That whole beauty pageant thing ruins people, especially the kids.
    I had to edit my message because I thought it said, "Mother giving her 8 year old daughter to BoSox...".
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Saw some fkd up shit on the news this morning.
    Some "mother" is injecting her daughter with botox to "remove wrinkles" and "help her daughter keep up with the other girls in the beauty pageant".

Disgusting.

Stay Classy Human Race
    My butt itches!
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    EmBleve wrote:

Expect a phone call from my lawyer.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    EmBleve wrote:

Expect a phone call from my lawyer.
    :wtf: :lol:
  • Chip McFlenniganChip McFlennigan Posts: 1,162
    I fail to see the problem here.

In this world, aesthetics are valued much more than reality. Who cares what something is actually like, as long as it looks good?

IMO, this mother is giving her daughter an early advantage in life. Kudos.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    EmBleve wrote:
    And another thing, I'm unfamiliar with the whole plastic surgery arena, and the article doesn't address this, but what aesthetician or physician, or whatever they're called who does botox injections, would do this to an 8 year old? I mean, I thought people had to have some sort of questioning 'interview' type thing before doing this as an adult. Even if the mother gives consent, I would certainly think there would be an ethical violation in there somehow. :shock:

Actually, I just watched a Dr. Oz program this week about Botox. Apparently anyone can get certified ONLINE to give Botox in ONE DAY. :shock: So I bet it's not a doctor. Also, Botox can be purchased online, for a fraction of the price. It is not regulated in distribution or procedure. Since they are not well educated on Botox, they do not know that the weight of an of eyelash of Botox will kill a person if improperly injected. :shock:

The mom is doin them herself. Gee, I wonder why....I'm sure she knows how incredibly fucked up it is and is embarrassed. She seems too stupid to think of this on her own, so I bet she got the idea from other pageant moms.
    DewieCox wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:

The mom is doin them herself. Gee, I wonder why....I'm sure she knows how incredibly fucked up it is and is embarrassed. She seems too stupid to think of this on her own, so I bet she got the idea from other pageant moms.

:lol::lol::lol: You are right, someone else probably suggested it. I was guessing she did do the certification online to do it herself...you have to have it to purchase the Botulinum Toxin type A. I never even understood why this craze even got started in the first place...it's a freakin' lethal toxin! I guess no one reads labels anymore! *face palm*
    I fail to see the problem here.

In this world, aesthetics are valued much more than reality. Who cares what something is actually like, as long as it looks good?

IMO, this mother is giving her daughter an early advantage in life. Kudos.

A rev up? Stirring the pot?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161

The problem is she still doesn't think she did anything wrong!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    "In The Sun interview Britney said: "My friends think it's cool I have all the treatments and they want to be like me. I check every night for wrinkles, when I see some I want more injections.

"They used to hurt, but now I don't cry that much.

"I also want a boob and nose job soon, so that I can be a star."

Her mother said she also had Britney waxed."

:roll:

Hopefully this little girl gets the help she needs and the mom comes down with botulism.
    DewieCox wrote:
    "In The Sun interview Britney said: "My friends think it's cool I have all the treatments and they want to be like me. I check every night for wrinkles, when I see some I want more injections.

Hopefully this little girl gets the help she needs and the mom comes down with botulism.
    Really. Those quotes are just so totally whack--from an EIGHT year old!!
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    This is just really sad all around.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    DewieCox wrote:

OMG, that is so sad. Brainwashing at its best. :( :(
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    She knows whats coming for her daughter if she is not beautiful as an adult:

"Ugly women are like men, you are going to have to work" -Tosh