Comments

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    how ridiculous is the premise of this thread? :lol::lol:

You're being awfully judgemental
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I would post my thoughts about pranks on golf courses but do not want to be reported for being abusive or making personal attacks.
    Sorry dude.
    That was you with the club in the video?
    i reported this thread to kat and sea. needs to be locked.

You need to call someone a female nether region parted person before any action
    of that kind can be taken.

What did you call it? Awkward?

But seriously, some of us enjoy golf and for others it is their life.

Imagine you're watching Ed play his uke and some teenage yahoo blasts his airhorn in your ear?
    #FHP
  • i reported this thread to kat and sea. needs to be locked.

Letterman is working on a top 10 list.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,597
    Horos wrote:
    That was you with the club in the video?

What did you call it? Awkward?

But seriously, some of us enjoy golf and for others it is their life.

Imagine you're watching Ed play his uke and some teenage yahoo blasts his airhorn in your ear
    ?[/quote]

exactly.
    www.myspace.com
    i think the OP lives in a perpetual Mentos commerical. does he think these golfers should not get upset over this and just shrug their shoulders flash some stupid-ass grin?

i also think it's funny how judgemental the OP is regarding golfers in general.

kat and sea should seriously lock this one up. i am deeply offended.
    www.myspace.com
  • The whole part of pulling pranks as a kid was the rush of trying not to get caught. I could never imagine fucking with somebody's day/evening out, and going into the prank expecting nothing to happen and if something does, the person I fucked with should be the one that gets harder consequences. What's the point after that?

I did a lot of stupid shit as a kid with my group of friends, and paid for it as well. That's when I'd go back to the drawing board and figure out something else.

Now obviously nobody should pull a gun out and shoot anyone doing something or smash their skull in with a golf club, but there's nothing wrong with putting a little fear into them. Plus it'd be nice to see a little more respect thinking about the pranks, even though you don't expect kids to think of that, but try not to screw with someone's day who is paying to just get away for a few hours. Fuck with them during normal business hours instead, during their daily routines.
  • i think the OP lives in a perpetual Mentos commerical. does he think these golfers should not get upset over this and just shrug their shoulders flash some stupid-ass grin?

i also think it's funny how judgemental the OP is regarding golfers in general.

kat and sea should seriously lock this one up. i am deeply offended.

:lol:
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    i also think context is important. if kids are doing this during tournements, then thats one thing, thats not good. But to do it, at some random country club, i think thats pretty harmless. Kids ruin one shot in a round for you, is that really going to put you in such a dander that you think chasing after some teens and saying you will do them harm if you catch them. I think that shows major anger management issues on the part of any golfer who would do such a thing.

Yes, you fail to see the whole context though.
    I've only played golf three times, but I can see the golfers getting pissed and reacting very angrily because it is all done in the context of a surprise. Also, you have to put yourself in the mindset of a golfer. They are out there trying to focus and get in a groove, which might take hours...The hours of focus can be highjacked in a second and not recovered, all by these idiot kids. The game is slow, relaxing, and takes a lot of focus. Imagine running up to someone who is sleeping in the middle of the night and screaming in their face, would you expect them to roll over and laugh it off?

Its a stupid fucking prank, but if they're gonna do that, they have to expect the worst.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    Im going golfing this evening after work today.....this thread has made we want to gold bad....I went out last night and fished, hit balls with my three iron and shot at some ducks (missed em all) with my .22 I call it the Northern Trifecta
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I think firing a couple balls at them is completely within reason. What gives these kids the right to ruin some guy's (or girl's) day who likes to go golfing? Fuck, if I was sitting out enjoying a coffee at starbucks with a friend and someone blew an airhorn 'for the hell of it' I'd be pretty pissed off. Same goes if I was sitting around playing guitar.

Should they get the shit kicked out of them? No. But musicismylife, can you at least admit the kids are being little shits and could avoid any backlash by simply not doing this? Like I said, I'm 20, am a fairly laid back guy, and part of being laid back is not going to purposely fuck up other people's way of chilling. If you were at a show and someone blew an airhorn, would you be pissed, or just say 'oh its just kids being kids'?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    these guys have every right to be pissed but that doesnt make it ok to threaten violence
    >>>>
    >

• rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    I think firing a couple balls at them is completely within reason. What gives these kids the right to ruin some guy's (or girl's) day who likes to go golfing? Fuck, if I was sitting out enjoying a coffee at starbucks with a friend and someone blew an airhorn 'for the hell of it' I'd be pretty pissed off. Same goes if I was sitting around playing guitar.

Should they get the shit kicked out of them? No. But musicismylife, can you at least admit the kids are being little shits and could avoid any backlash by simply not doing this? Like I said, I'm 20, am a fairly laid back guy, and part of being laid back is not going to purposely fuck up other people's way of chilling. If you were at a show and someone blew an airhorn, would you be pissed, or just say 'oh its just kids being kids'?

Again keeponrockin continues to be the voice of reason here.

And my point was not that the golfers should beat the kids within an inch of their life. I don't have a problem with retribution though, whether that be hitting some golf balls at the kids or chasing after them. None of the videos referenced sound like any of the golfers ever did anything to the kids except break their remote control car or threaten them. Doesn't sound that bad to me.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    these guys have every right to be pissed but that doesnt make it ok to threaten violence

Instead of threatening violence, should they just furrow their brow or stomp their feet? Please.
    sure....why not? it was a stupid prank, I dont condone what the kids did, the guys deserve to get mad but its not ok to swing a piece of metal at anybody, especially something so trivial.....youre one of those guys arent you?
    >>>>
    >

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    What we see in these videos are the bad apples. I'm sure not every golfer gets mad like that. The ones that let it go or just try to ignore them don't get their videos posted, because that's boring. The pranksters are looking for a reaction, and what we see are the ones who give these kids what they're looking for. You can't judge every single person that plays golf based on what the hot heads do.

If you flip the script and change the setting from a golf course to a Pearl Jam concert, and these kids are sneaking in and yanking plugs out of amplfiers, or blowing an air horn in your ear every time Mike is about to play a solo, I think you would be much more understanding. And I bet there are some fans out there who would try to get physical with the pranksters over it.

I think it's easier to find this funny because it's being done to "rich old white guys", who aren't very sympathetic characters. But they are just playing a game, minding their own business and not hurting anybody. Golf isn't a cheap sport to play, what with green fees (or membership cost) and equipment, and those kids are fucking it up.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    I love golf
    >>>>
    >

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    One thing not yet mentioned-some of these golfers BET large amounts of dough on each hole.
    That could have been a $200 swing those teenagers screwed up. Many players also take the rules way too seriously.

In the grand scheme of things, it is a relatively harmless act. But Id be pissed if the club I went to wasn't able to keep the hooligans off the course. Its probably the only 4 hours those dudes have to do something they want to do without business, wives or kids.
    rrivers wrote:

And my point was not that the golfers should beat the kids within an inch of their life. I don't have a problem with retribution though, whether that be hitting some golf balls at the kids or chasing after them. None of the videos referenced sound like any of the golfers ever did anything to the kids except break their remote control car or threaten them. Doesn't sound that bad to me.

and the remote control car one (only one of these i've seen) is clearly fake.
    www.myspace.com
    sure....why not? it was a stupid prank, I dont condone what the kids did, the guys deserve to get mad but its not ok to swing a piece of metal at anybody, especially something so trivial.....youre one of those guys arent you?

Again none of the punks were hurt or were even close to getting hurt. There's nothing wrong with a golfer yelling he would kick the kid's ass. You said the golfers shouldn't even threaten the kids.
    rrivers wrote:

The one I posted? What makes it clearly a fake? I'm not arguing, just curious.
    rrivers wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

The one I posted? What makes it clearly a fake? I'm not arguing, just curious.

yeah just had that feeling to me. the quality was too good. i dunno. just felt staged.
    a lot of the comments thought that too.
    www.myspace.com
    rrivers wrote:

Again none of the punks were hurt or were even close to getting hurt. There's nothing wrong with a golfer yelling he would kick the kid's ass. You said the golfers shouldn't even threaten the kids.
    YES THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THESE GUYS BEING PISSED.....I believe I said 'threaten with violence', he clearly swung the club at the kid and chased him down with it
    >>>>
    >

rrivers wrote:

YES THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THESE GUYS BEING PISSED.....I believe I said 'threaten with violence', he clearly swung the club at the kid and chased him down with it

But he didn't hit him. And if he hit the kid, I can guarantee that kid would never think about doing it again.
    rrivers wrote:

But he didn't hit him. And if he hit the kid, I can guarantee that kid would never think about doing it again.

the point is he tried to hit him and if it wasnt for that youngsters cat like reflexes......he probably wouldnt think much of anything again if that guy cracked him in the skull with a 9 iron
    >>>>
    >

rrivers wrote:

the point is he tried to hit him and if it wasnt for that youngsters cat like reflexes......he probably wouldnt think much of anything again if that guy cracked him in the skull with a 9 iron

If, if, if....what if the golfer takes out a gun and shoots the guy? You take it to the most extreme. I seriously doubt it would end with a cracked skull.

Since you seem to love taking things to there most extreme, here's some for you: what if the golfer has a heart attack because he gets mad at the punk or because the air horn scares him? You would say, "well it's just kids being kids." What if the golfer in the RC video trips and breaks his ankle? No big deal, you would say. He's a rich white asshole playing golf and those teenagers are funny.
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    While I would not condone swinging a club at one of those punks, I see no problem if one is caught and detained with a knee to the back and their face in the sand trap until the proper authorities come by...
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    rrivers wrote:

Sometimes when you play with matches you get burned... If the kid doesn't blow the air horn he wouldn't have to worry about a club to the head either... Too often people forget that their are consequences to their actions... If you are not willing to accept the consequences don't act!
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
    rrivers wrote:

Sometimes when you play with matches you get burned... If the kid doesn't blow the air horn he wouldn't have to worry about a club to the head either... Too often people forget that their are consequences to their actions... If you are not willing to accept the consequences don't act!

Exactly.