Golf Course Air Horn Pranks

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
anyone ever pull this stunt or have this done on them. Jackass popularized it of course, and youtube is littered with page after page of recreations of it.

And yeah, it would be annoying to have someone do that to you, but on most of the videos on youtube, im taken aback by the anger and hostility shown by the golfers to what amounts in most cases to a bunch of teen guys acting like teenagers and having fun.

I am also sort of shocked by how violence is often threatened by the golfers.

This is the question im posing. What is the most trouble the teens could get in? the police are called, the teens are taken to the station and fined, or given a warning. Thats the extent of it, as far as I can imagine.

But with the golfers, most being old 40-50-60 year old men, if they were to act on those threats, beat the kids up, hit them with clubs as they often run after them with them, the adult, the golfer is obviously going to be in HUGE trouble with the law.

whats everyones take on this? Even if the threats are just empty, its sort of shocking to me. Cant you find anything more productive to do to try and ward off kids, than to intimate violence?

As i said, I can understand the annoyance factor. Especially given how quiet golf is as a sport, but in all honesty, these are the sorts of silly, teenage antics that i missed out on and wish i had participated in. Its what teens do, frankly.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    I love Golf but I hate....HATE the rich white 40-60s years old that make up the main group of people to play....Im in neither category. Most of these guys are upper management jackasses that think they can push the world around.
    To play Devils Advocate though, they do pay big money to play 18 holes and most of the courses tend to require membership, thats likely why they get pissed. It is by no means a reason to threaten violence.....thats just a pretty good indicator of who these people are.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • KL40564KL40564 Posts: 71
    oh man, this reminds me of a story about how much white folk protect their golf.

When i was a teen, we snuck onto a golf course one late night to play 'night golf'. This means you have only a putter, and you are drunk. Play until you lose all your balls in the dark. It is an hour or two of harmless fun. No property damage, just a dash of trespass.

Well, somehow the cops found out. two cops drove ONTO the golf course and the green to pursue us. We ran and got away. So, they brought in a helicopter to track us. Those cops cars probably destroyed the green, and that helicopter must have cost the taxpayers a crapload.

I am not saying what we did was ok, just remarking on how they over-reacted. though we never got caught, I did get my come-uppance. this went down in Scottsdale, AZ. I had to hide in a cactus from the helicopter. You can imagine how well that went.

cheers
    www.IamCorrect.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i would like to play more morning golf.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I will only provide my opinion on this if you first promise not to report me to the
    authorities.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I was arrested for possession of a stolen golf cart, the only time i ever got caught breaking the law.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I'm 20, not a serious golfer by ANY means, but if this happened to me, I'd be pretty pissed. I mean, I paid good money to play a round, and these assholes are ruining it? I mean, if they're fucking around with their buddies that's one thing, but this is something different.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I was arrested for possession of a stolen golf cart, the only time i ever got caught breaking the law.

key word
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    I love this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZwr4xLajfA

No matter what you think of the type of guys playing golf, they aren't bothering anyone. It's a dick move and I was happy to see the RC smashed.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    I'm 20, not a serious golfer by ANY means, but if this happened to me, I'd be pretty pissed. I mean, I paid good money to play a round, and these assholes are ruining it? I mean, if they're fucking around with their buddies that's one thing, but this is something different.

being upset is one thing, but i'd say a large majority of the videos i watched on youtube of this, were as i said, teen boys. and the golfers, middle aged, or even older men.

They swear at the teens, they call them obscene names, some hit the ball in the kids direction, i saw more than a few run into the woods to try and catch the kids, some shouted what they'd do when they caught the kids.

I dont see the point in taking it that far on the golfers end of things. What can you do? These are teen hijinks at best, silly stupid things teens do.

The golfers talked about how they'd beat the kids up, and that they;d hit them with clubs.

The teens ran away in every video i saw, but it would be interesting to see what would happen, if someone would be as sadistic and crazy as to film this and not move, just stay where they are, and see what happens when the golfers are confronted with someone who isnt running away.

As I said before, if any adult carried through on there threats to injure or harm the pranksters, they'd be in some serious trouble, and would have a hell of alot more to worry about than a ruined tee shot on a golf course
    rrivers wrote:
    I love this video.

No matter what you think of the type of guys playing golf, they aren't bothering anyone. It's a dick move and I was happy to see the RC smashed.

that guy could have fucked the kid over IF he hit him with that club.....and for what....a stupid little prank. Theyre not adults, arent adults supposed to be the ones to keep a level head and help solve problems. Like for instance, they have cell phones, why not call security and go through the propoer channels. Those are exactly the typcial fat pricks I hate to see on a course. I once had one of those guys launch a ball at me cause they said I was going too slow. I picked up their ball and walked back (they had carts) and said who hit this, none of those pussies would fess up and just said I moved too slow....
    edit: and of course it was a dick move, theyre stupid kids like we all were, that doesnt give them a right to swing a piece of metal at them, I dont care about them destroying the car, they deserved that.
    >>>>
    >

i also think context is important. if kids are doing this during tournements, then thats one thing, thats not good. But to do it, at some random country club, i think thats pretty harmless. Kids ruin one shot in a round for you, is that really going to put you in such a dander that you think chasing after some teens and saying you will do them harm if you catch them. I think that shows major anger management issues on the part of any golfer who would do such a thing.

And i agree with the above poster. One of my good friends is a golf fanatic. But in general i'd say the whole air of the golf game, the entitlement, the im better than you because i can afford a 72,000 a year plus membership to some exclusive country club, the whole lexus, rich person thing. Im not a fan of at all.

Plus how is it any different than what johnny knoxville did? people paid money, admission to see a movie, to witness johnny and the gang do this stuff for a few minutes. Well people didnt see the film specifically for that stuff but you get the point...

I just dont see the logical progression from being startled by an air horn, hitting a bad shot, and then to think the next logical move is to threaten teen boys with violence and curse them out and talk about obscene things you will do with your driver when you find them. It doesnt square with my morals or my sense of whats acceptable behavior.

I'd be the person who would be telling my friend to move on, and forget about it, and not worry about it
    in the videos ive been watching the golfers seem defiant. as i said, they seem to think of what they are suggesting, which is violence against another person(s), in this case against teen boys, is acceptable and justified and that it is almost inevitable. thats the scary thing to me. In video after video i saw this. the golfers would chase, and run after these kids, clubs in hand, and think it was all acceptable behavior for anyone, let alone adults to exhibit.

i'd question the sanity of anyone that would do something like that. Even if you caught them, as ive been stressing what could you do? you really gonna beat up, and hit teenager with golf clubs? i mean, really?
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    rrivers wrote:
    I love this video.

That was hilarious. What a couple of pussies those two kids are.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,976
    picture this. On a nice course in a beautiful part of the world.weather is perfect , as always. Playing a round by yourself. The group behind you starts yelling " got to go!! hey Chief, you gotta go!!!". You think to yourself, "fuck you guys, you're not playing through" Get set into your stance, and these same guys "CHIEF< CHIEF YOU HAVE TO GO!!!! while pointing the direction of the flight line. You turn to see a 500ft plume of fire and smoke.

"OH shit, I do HAVE to go. Now what , do I take the cart to the scene? Or back to the station to get my command vehicle? Fuck it , I'm taking the cart.

7-8 hours later, you've finished overseeing the first crash of a B-2 bomber. Taken down by WATER!!!! Moisture in the sensors , gave skewed info to the computers and a fully fueled billion dollar aircraft crashes on takeoff. TOTAL LOSS.

Thankfully two things happened that day.

1. no loss of life and minmal injury.

2. A legend was born in military circles. The only Fire Chief to arrive at major incident in a GOLF CART!!!!

This man is my brother.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    rrivers wrote:
    I love this video.

i kinda thought the same, they had it on video, after that guy swung the club at them, those old fucks were fair game and if it was me, that would have been their last round of golf for that season
    >>>>
    >

rrivers wrote:
    I love this video.

that guy could have fucked the kid over IF he hit him with that club.....and for what....a stupid little prank. Theyre not adults, arent adults supposed to be the ones to keep a level head and help solve problems. Like for instance, they have cell phones, why not call security and go through the propoer channels. Those are exactly the typcial fat pricks I hate to see on a course. I once had one of those guys launch a ball at me cause they said I was going too slow. I picked up their ball and walked back (they had carts) and said who hit this, none of those pussies would fess up and just said I moved too slow....
    edit: and of course it was a dick move, theyre stupid kids like we all were, that doesnt give them a right to swing a piece of metal at them, I dont care about them destroying the car, they deserved that.

completely agree. if that guy had connected and hit the kid, HE would be the person in trouble. Major trouble. Hitting some teen with a golf club? completely outrageous. And complete overreaction to what happened. They used a toy car, to move the golf balls. So the response in kind is to try and hit someone with a golf club? complete overreaction
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    rrivers wrote:
    I love this video.

i kinda thought the same, they had it on video, after that guy swung the club at them, those old fucks were fair game and if it was me, that would have been their last round of golf for that season

But for that to be you, you'd have to be a little bitch who plays with children's motorized cars on golf courses. Since you're not, you'll never be faced with the situation.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

But for that to be you, you'd have to be a little bitch who plays with children's motorized cars on golf courses. Since you're not, you'll never be faced with the situation.

No true BUT if I was playing behind those guys and saw what they did from start to finish, Id give them a piece of mind and perhaps taunt them into something more....something that would give me the justification for starting up the lawnmower on each of their faces.
    >>>>
    >

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,823
    I know the guys from Jackass (Knoxville & Bam) did it in the first movie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHBTRmstGus

edit: Jackass 2 and no Bam
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446

being upset is one thing, but i'd say a large majority of the videos i watched on youtube of this, were as i said, teen boys. and the golfers, middle aged, or even older men.

They swear at the teens, they call them obscene names, some hit the ball in the kids direction, i saw more than a few run into the woods to try and catch the kids, some shouted what they'd do when they caught the kids.

I dont see the point in taking it that far on the golfers end of things. What can you do? These are teen hijinks at best, silly stupid things teens do.

The golfers talked about how they'd beat the kids up, and that they;d hit them with clubs.

The teens ran away in every video i saw, but it would be interesting to see what would happen, if someone would be as sadistic and crazy as to film this and not move, just stay where they are, and see what happens when the golfers are confronted with someone who isnt running away.

As I said before, if any adult carried through on there threats to injure or harm the pranksters, they'd be in some serious trouble, and would have a hell of alot more to worry about than a ruined tee shot on a golf course
    True. But howabout the kids stop acting like little shits and make their own fun instead of ruining someone elses?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    rrivers wrote:
    I love this video.

I like how it's the golfer's fault that these pricks are fucking with them. I'm sure the kids will wait around while these guys call security. It's amazing the whole sentiment running through the thread is, "well they are just stupid kids...and kids will be kids." Fuck that. If I caught my kid doing something like this I would kick his ass.
    keeponrockin sums it up: "True. But howabout the kids stop acting like little shits and make their own fun instead of ruining someone elses?"
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    If I didn't play golf I am sure I would have done some shit like this as a kid, but they deserve whatever they get. Im all for the golfers doing whatever to those jerkoffs.

I am sure the kids wouldn't take too kindly if some guys came and fucked with them while they were doing whatever they do for fun.
    rrivers wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    I love this video.

I like how it's the golfer's fault that these pricks are fucking with them. I'm sure the kids will wait around while these guys call security. It's amazing the whole sentiment running through the thread is, "well they are just stupid kids...and kids will be kids." Fuck that. If I caught my kid doing something like this I would kick his ass.
    keeponrockin sums it up: "True. But howabout the kids stop acting like little shits and make their own fun instead of ruining someone elses?"

flat out, you cant assault someone. so if the guy would have actually hit the kid in that video, he'd be facing assault charges and worse. I dont know your moral code, but mine has never involved physically threatening and or actual physical violence on another human being, or on another living being.

The golfers take it to another level, when they talk violence, and chase the kids down, and swing clubs at them. That guy in the video posted was deadly serious and wanted to connect, connect his club to the body of the kid in the video.

All i know is that you up the ante and the issue when you go from feeling annoyed, to thinking its okay to swing a club like that at someone with the intent of harming them.

I dont care what the kids did, and lets face it, blowing an air horn on some country club is pretty low on the totem pole of huge issues in the world, or in ones life, so i find it amazingly bizaare that people would even act like the golfers did.

Watch the original Jackass version. One guy throws his club at Johnny, and one guy tee's off and hits several balls towards him. Now, Johnny is a grown man, an adult, but still, even the golfers behavior for those incidents is so foreign to me.

As i said above, the logic doesnt follow for me. You tee off, and an air horn ruins your drive. From there, there seems to be some disconnect for these people. My next step wouldnt be to try and maim and assault teen boy pranksters.
    rrivers, are you being serious about what you would do? how would it solve anything. I assume you are in your twenties like me right? you dont think beating kids up for blowing air horns is an overreaction of monumental proportions?
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    rrivers, are you being serious about what you would do? how would it solve anything. I assume you are in your twenties like me right? you dont think beating kids up for blowing air horns is an overreaction of monumental proportions?
    How else are they going to learn? Give them a stern talking to? Teen or not, if you act like a dick to be funny in front of your friends and the result is getting the shit kicked out of you, it's a lesson learned.

Fuck -- people are soft these days.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    edited May 2011
    81 wrote:
    i would like to play more morning golf.....
    Best time of the day to go!! :thumbup:
    I think he said if he caught his kids doing it.

You are all stereotyping golfers. I play pretty regularly but rarely spend more than $25(muni $ public) and I walk. If this happened to me I would pissed and yell and then laugh. Then I would report them to the officials. I haven't seen the youtube vids. Wasted enough of my life watching Jackass. Most of the guys I play with are also in their 20s.

The main problem I see nowadays is that these teens know they face a lot less trouble than the adults so they know they can keep pushing buttons. When I was a teen we pranked many other teams, and I'm sorry you missed out on that. But adults were off limits.
    Post edited by Horos on
    #FHP
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I can see destorying the kids car, Fuck'Em :lol:

but there is no way i would threaten him with a golf club, i'd curse him out, but that's about it.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,597
    Post deleted by Admin
    See the Posting Guidelines

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=91525
    www.myspace.com
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    I would post my thoughts about pranks on golf courses but do not want to be reported for being abusive or making personal attacks.
    Sorry dude.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Punk ass kids should get their punk asses beat. Just use your hands and put the club down.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011