Options

South Carolina still not sold out.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    Drew263 wrote:
    The Colonial Center has a capacity for concerts around 18,000.

So if only 15,000 are at the show and it's not a sellout, should PJ not play there? They played for 9,000 at Pistoia. Should they not have played there either?

:rolleyes:

15,000 at Columbia is a good turnout. I am rather surprised (pleasantly) that Columbia is selling pretty decent so far. It is only April too.
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    thirstyman wrote:
    I understand your point, but I disagree with that actually. The sound is almost always better anywhere inside of an arena compared to any place on the lawn. I saw Dave Mattehws last year in Hartford from the lawn, could honestly barely hear them. One of the quieter songs I missed entirely.

mostly the point was that nosebleeds and lawn tickets are always the last to sell. shows that don't sell out tend to have a few leftover nosebleeds and a few leftover lawnies. neither would necessarily indicate to me that ticket sales were bad, just that the show was not a complete sellout...

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    Benzor wrote:
    I know, I was responding to someone who said Hartford was not sold out.

right. and the point is that having a few leftover nosebleed seats in an arena is akin to just having a few leftover lawn tickets at an amphitheater. why aren't people starting threads about how hartford isn't sold out, but they start them about columia not being sold out? how is one different from the other? oh, i remember. columbia is in the south, so it's automatically ok to shit on it....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    What were they thinking when they were down to SC or Toronto.

Don't you even... ;)

They were thinking of how many times they've played Toronto, possibly. :)
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    Crazy Mark wrote:
    I think some of us are wrong in judging the south shows or any PJ shows that are not quick sellouts. In reality very very few concerts sell out right away even shows in clubs and theatres. It takes a lot of people to fill up these arenas and with PJ shows having predominately male audiences that makes it tough to fill up arenas in medium sized markets. An example of concerts not selling out would be the Police's upcoming shows.

Not trying to "rant" or "scare" anyone here- by any means. However - just wanted to say that I agree with your comments. The South. Spread the Pearl Jam love here! I grew up practically in P.A.! However - my heart is in the South! :)
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW