These generation of kids....

Comments

• FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    Newch91 wrote:
    Pretty much, just have to finish a couple of papers and sophomore year is done.

Nice Congrats man! I finished Tuesday with all of my finals. Glad to know some 'younger' fans haha.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    FrankieG wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Pretty much, just have to finish a couple of papers and sophomore year is done.

Nice Congrats man! I finished Tuesday with all of my finals. Glad to know some 'younger' fans haha.
    Haha thanks and congrats to you, too! All of my finals were papers except math.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    give time to young people,we all act stupid when we was younger,maybe still are..

OH YES :P
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • PilateOfTheStormPilateOfTheStorm Posts: 4,319
    pandora wrote:
    Each generation has been called worse than the one before ...
    of course this is not the case.

Each generation has it's innovators, it's noble, it's creative, it's hope for the future.

There are those with insight even at tender ages, this is the shining light.

so true Pandora
    I don't like it when people criticise the generation now,my generation - Generations influence generations who influence generations - it keeps going on and on, so criticising one generation means that you are criticising the previous generation which means that you're criticising the one before that - it's a huge cycle and ultimately why be so negative about people? okay, rant over :lol:

Rico, I understand what you mean. Some people that I go to school with - I really wonder. :roll: I don't let people like that bother me because I've come to realise that everyone's growing up, everyone changes and I need to be accepting and tolerate people, even if they are annoying or stupid. :lol:

I think it's important to seek out the best in everyone, even if it's really hard, because in the end, we're always changing as people and personalities change - especially at this age. It's better to get along, accept and be friendly towards people like that now - because there's going to be the same sorts of people everywhere throughout your life. And also, at this age when we're in school, it's hard to know who you are and what you're like, what things you like. Things always change and it's better to let people indulge now and enjoy themselves, to make it easier. Personally, I know I've changed a lot in the past couple of years. My opinions and ideas, my personality has - call it "growing up" or "maturing".

Anyway, don't let people like that get to you
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    I never let those people get to me, because I know that when they grow up to be adults they will get nowhere in life because they really are not adults. Like Tres Mts say "Don't let the world keep you down...." :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
    thefixer9 wrote:
    I never let those people get to me, because I know that when they grow up to be adults they will get nowhere in life because they really are not adults. Like Tres Mts say "Don't let the world keep you down...." :mrgreen:

Life is a neverending childhood
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    give time to young people,we all act stupid when we was younger,maybe still are..

Hey, I'm not acting. :x
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)

when I was young I acted stupid

now I AM stupid :shock:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Nastasja wrote:

hehehe..nice one girl :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I don't know when one officially stops becoming a kid, but at age 32, I'm pretty sure I was told at some point that my generation was the most fucked up ever. :lol:

And seriously, time flies... one day you're 16.. the next you're 32.. the next you're 64. :shock:
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Don't be so quick to judge. Kids who were stupid at 15 can often grow up quickly. One girl I knew was a little nuts at 15, drank, partied, a little full of herself. I started working with her and 5 years later she's my best friend.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • PapPap Posts: 28,803
    Nastasja wrote:

:)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
    Basically, be stupid, fuck shit up every once in a while. Plenty of time to be serious when you're an adult.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Basically, be stupid, fuck shit up every once in a while. Plenty of time to be serious when you're an adult.

I know but I'm not purposely act stupid. :P
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • dont worry rico, no matter how old you get, theres still going to be people that make you think like this. the way i see it, youre a pretty mature kid, your able to hang out on the boards and have a good time here, and most of us have a good few years on you. so im guessing youre probably more mature than most of the kids in your school. dont worry about them, it all works out so dont let something like this bother you too much. keep on jamming kimosabe
    Keep on Jammin' in the Free World!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
    Good point.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Doug Stanhope: This Generation Sucks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n34eeXWjUQ
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
    thefixer9 wrote:

I know but I'm not purposely act stupid. :P
    Nah, be responsibly stupid!
    ;):)
    Pap wrote:
    Good point.

but not too serious. takes the fun out of life
    Pap wrote:
    ;):)
    I.e... I'm going to the bar to get shitfaced, so I turn off my phone so I don't call any exes and make sure I have enough money to cab home. Nobody gets hurt!
    I.e... I'm going to the bar to get shitfaced, so I turn off my phone so I don't call any exes...
    What's this thing with your exes girls? I cannot understand. Especially when you had told him than you wanted to break up with him. I think I know the rest of the story. A sudden call in the middle of the night :arrow: please come to my place or at that bar, because I don't feel very well :arrow: man:What happened? :arrow: girl:I cannot explain to you over the phone :arrow: man: :? , but still I want everything to be alright so I'm going to meet her :arrow: a couple of drinks, some tears (fake? who knows?), some "please hug me", a very little talk about nothing and some lies (probably many lies? We, men, will never know) later we are on the bed together :arrow: the rest is just history :) I don't try to be a sexist and look the subject only from a man's perspective here, but still what's this thing? Any help girls? I think we can have a funny conversation on this subject. Sorry, thefixer9 for ruining your thread for a little while. You can learn something new and useful too. ;):)
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    rico..you are one amazing kid :D

like pandi said, each has its own

now if in 10 years you come upon some of them and they are still acting like idiots, then they've got a problem

its perfectly normal for kids to act like idiots at this age

unfortunately acting like an idiot these days is way above and beyond anything i ever could have dreamed up in the idiocy category when i was your age :roll:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    Pap wrote:
    I.e... I'm going to the bar to get shitfaced, so I turn off my phone so I don't call any exes...
    What's this thing with your exes girls? I cannot understand. Especially when you had told him than you wanted to break up with him. I think I know the rest of the story. A sudden call in the middle of the night :arrow: please come to my place or at that bar, because I don't feel very well :arrow: man:What happened? :arrow: girl:I cannot explain to you over the phone :arrow: man: :? , but still I want everything to be alright so I'm going to meet her :arrow: a couple of drinks, some tears (fake? who knows?), some "please hug me", a very little talk about nothing and some lies (probably many lies? We, men, will never know) later we are on the bed together :arrow: the rest is just history :) I don't try to be a sexist and look the subject only from a man's perspective here, but still what's this thing? Any help girls? I think we can have a funny conversation on this subject. Sorry, thefixer9 for ruining your thread for a little while. You can learn something new and useful too. ;):)
    Haha, I'm a dude! Sometimes I call exes because, well I'm drunk and I'm an idiot... "COME TO ZAPHODS AND COME DANCINGGGG"... Then it ends up in bed, then it's just fucking awkward...
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Pap wrote:
    I've never done this so I'm not sure why some do. :? Years later, maybe... :lol: And in my experience, guys tell alot of lies too (and dumb ones).
    Haha, I'm a dude!

Sorry. I thought you were a girl based on your avatar and my experiences. I would never imagine to call an ex. :) Bravo! ;) I applause you. :clap:
    EmBleve wrote:
    Years later, maybe... :lol: And in my experience, guys tell alot of lies too (and dumb ones).

:lol: Yeah. We're not so good at lying as women. That's for sure. ;):)
    Pap wrote:
    Haha, I'm a dude!

Sorry. I thought you were a girl based on your avatar and my experiences. I would never imagine to call an ex. :) Bravo! ;) I applause you. :clap:
    EmBleve wrote:
    Years later, maybe... :lol: And in my experience, guys tell alot of lies too (and dumb ones).

Sometimes I'm drunk and ideas that are terrible become okay ideas....
    If you say so... You know better. :)
    this happens to girls, too. :lol:
    Pap wrote:
    aw snap! no you didn't! But you're right- many men I have known are not good liars. Women are smarter. :lol: :P woops.