These generation of kids....

thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
edited May 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Are just awful, except for me. :mrgreen: But really, at school well I am aware of everyone and I see that kids these days are just bad.....It's hard putting up with..... :roll:
Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Yep
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Newch91 wrote:
    Yep

You know it.....
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    Nice to see that you're capable of this much introspection at your age ;)
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
    Nastasja wrote:

It's easy to see the kids acting like idiots..... :)
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

thefixer9 wrote:
    Nastasja wrote:

That's how freshman act at my college.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Nastasja wrote:

That's how freshman act at my college.

That's how Seniors act like at my school :lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    I know it's hard but try not to get too annoyed with it all. Certain people used to piss me off at school but then you get out and wonder why you let them get to you so much. :D:D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • PapPap Posts: 28,803
    Loulou wrote:
    I know it's hard but try not to get too annoyed with it all. Certain people used to piss me off at school but then you get out and wonder why you let them get to you so much. :D:D
    Maturity and wisdom combined in the above sentence. Listen to Loulou, thefixer9.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Thanks Pap, such a lovely young man! :D
    These kids that seem to 'run things' or feel the need to make others miserable at school often end up finding it harder to adjust when it's time to leave. ;) When they have to enter the workplace, they soon realise that people won't put up with that immature crap. :D Besides, if we have kids in the world like you Rico, our future must be bright. :D
    Pap wrote:
    Loulou wrote:
    Maturity and wisdom combined in the above sentence. Listen to Loulou, thefixer9.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    give time to young people,we all act stupid when we was younger,maybe still are..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    This has been going on for a long time...

Signed

Old Man
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    i wouldn't called them awful, bad, or idiots.

pussy's is a better term.

they are soft.
    give time to young people,we all act stupid when we was younger,maybe still are..
    That is true but it is not an excuse.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Each generation has been called worse than the one before ...
    of course this is not the case.

Each generation has it's innovators, it's noble, it's creative, it's hope for the future.

There are those with insight even at tender ages, this is the shining light.
  • I have seen the future and it's name is Justin Bieber.
    Loulou wrote:

Those are some wise words Lorna, thanks!!! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    pandora wrote:
    Each generation has been called worse than the one before ...
    of course this is not the case.

Each generation has it's innovators, it's noble, it's creative, it's hope for the future.

There are those with insight even at tender ages, this is the shining light.

:clap::clap::)

Well said pandora, as usual!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I've been saying this for awhile now, but this past weekend gave me a wake-up call. Remember, its not always the kids..their parents are usually to blame as well. I was at the beach saturday and I overheard a woman tell her 5 year old: "Don't be an asshole!" ..WTF?!?! I was amazed.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Are just awful, except for me. :mrgreen: But really, at school well I am aware of everyone and I see that kids these days are just bad.....It's hard putting up with..... :roll:
    I'm sorry..yeah, sometimes they suck. Just do your own thing and hold your head up high and seek out the genuine insightfuls (maybe there are few, but they ARE there)...one day you'll be out and say good riddance. :D and you can talk to us in the meantime. ;)
    I've been saying this for awhile now, but this past weekend gave me a wake-up call. Remember, its not always the kids..their parents are usually to blame as well. I was at the beach saturday and I overheard a woman tell her 5 year old: "Don't be an asshole!" ..WTF?!?! I was amazed.
    I've seen that also. My next door neighbor, she must psycho or something because she is always yelling and I heard her say to one of her kids (5 or 6?), "Get the fuck over here right now or I'll beat your fucking ass!" :o
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,597
    kids these days...
    www.myspace.com
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Eh I'm 20. I can see a lot of people 'acting like idiots' but if they're not hurting anybody, whats the harm?

I like being stupid every once in a while. Sometimes I get too drunk, sometimes I do things I shouldn't, but if I can't be a little irresponsible at 20, when can I be? My advice to any highschool student would be:
    Have as much fun as you can while keeping your marks high enough to advance to whatever you want, and none of it matters, so be stupid!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • I've been saying this for awhile now, but this past weekend gave me a wake-up call. Remember, its not always the kids..their parents are usually to blame as well. I was at the beach saturday and I overheard a woman tell her 5 year old: "Don't be an asshole!" ..WTF?!?! I was amazed.

I would have added Fucking before the asshole.
    Gotta learn these chillins early on to be respectful and the only way to do that is
    with regular beatings and verbal abuse.
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Newch91 wrote:
    I've seen that also. My next door neighbor, she must psycho or something because she is always yelling and I heard her say to one of her kids (5 or 6?), "Get the fuck over here right now or I'll beat your fucking ass!" :o
    :roll: Nice. what is it with some people?
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Looking back... you wouldn't believe, as a parent, what comes back to haunt you.no1.gif

Kids are little imitators watching and listening long before they can
    even consciously remember what they heard or saw.

Parents are just people growing up right along with their children
    and often mimicking their parent's parenting.

We are our parents to some degree and history repeats itself more often than not,
    unless we consciously work to better ourselves and in turn our children and theirs.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    You couldn't keep me in the house when i was a kid, but if i grew up with the internet, might have never left my room.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    "Enjoy your Youth" yeah, cheezy, but back in high school, I wanted to grow up and be mature so bad...now I have bills, and responsibility and all that other crap. :roll:

Yes those kids are stupid, and annoying. Some grow up, and some don't. They will learn someday that acting like an a$$hat won't get them far...may take them 5 years, 15 years or even 20 years.

Like others have said, ignore the idiots and concentrate on you and your friends...think about it, at your HS reunion, you can see the idiots and what they have or have NOT become. :lol: You will have to deal with similar idiots when you get out there in the big 'working world', think of this as 'practice'!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Influences on a child's personality: 80% family 20% education and other socio-economical factors. Enjoy your youth while still can! And for the older ones, it's not how you look but how you feel!
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    I just finished my second year of college, and I see kids acting like idiots a lot more than I would have thought for people this age. Yes, I understand that you don't have to be 'perfect' ... you can drink, and party, and play video games, and join a frat, etc.. but some kids take it way to far. They think they will have it easy and I sometimes really hope that life bites them in the ass.

Newch, did you just finish sophomore year?
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
    FrankieG wrote:
    I just finished my second year of college, and I see kids acting like idiots a lot more than I would have thought for people this age. Yes, I understand that you don't have to be 'perfect' ... you can drink, and party, and play video games, and join a frat, etc.. but some kids take it way to far. They think they will have it easy and I sometimes really hope that life bites them in the ass.

Newch, did you just finish sophomore year?
    Pretty much, just have to finish a couple of papers and sophomore year is done.