Options

Good Martin Luther King Quote (Bin Laden Related)

2»

Comments

• Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    inmytree wrote:
    I can say the same... :D

I haven't painted you as anything. All I did was defend my point of view because you accused me of being smug, which I am not.

if you say so...
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    metsfan wrote:

I never touched this quote, so this is my first time entering this conversation regarding it.

I wonder two things, do you think because King did not say it, the words lose its meaning? and two, why are you taking so much satisfaction in seeing other people being proven wrong?

But I guess that's what they mean by 'Power of Pride'

We really need to move forward as a people. Out beyond ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing,
    there is a field. I'll meet you there.

Everyone makes mistakes, this is the nature of life. We live, we learn. Education is highly important. You providing the info on the quote was perfect, but your ego surely has done you wrong in other matters.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    MrAbraham wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

I never touched this quote, so this is my first time entering this conversation regarding it.

I wonder two things, do you think because King did not say it, the words lose its meaning? and two, why are you taking so much satisfaction in seeing other people being proven wrong?

We really need to move forward as a people. Out beyond ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing,

Everyone makes mistakes, this is the nature of life. We live, we learn. Education is highly important. You providing the info on the quote was perfect, but your ego surely has done you wrong in other matters.
    If you are talking to me, I agree 100% with the quote. I was a dumbass who put it on facebook.
    I learned of the quote here. I guess I shouldn't search for facts from a message board.

Whoever said it though, it's a good quote with a lot of meaning.
  • Options
    MrAbraham wrote:

cause dude that lameass quote was all over twitter and facebook by people trying come off like they are peaceful and other bullshit. it just reeks of fakeness by people. that's why i'm laughing at it. i'm also laughing at cause it was a disgrace for someone to use the letters MLK and try to pass it off as a quote from MLK.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    metsfan wrote:
    MrAbraham wrote:

cause dude that lameass quote was all over twitter and facebook by people trying come off like they are peaceful and other bullshit. it just reeks of fakeness by people. that's why i'm laughing at it. i'm also laughing at cause it was a disgrace for someone to use the letters MLK and try to pass it off as a quote from MLK.

So people believe in something other than violence and that makes them fake? :roll:
  • Options
    edited May 2011

So people believe in something other than violence and that makes them fake? :roll:
    sure does. cause i bet those same people were all gun ho when the us invaded afghanistan and driving around with those lameass support our troops car magnets and were proud to be americans. :roll:
    Post edited by Gary Carter on

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    MrAbraham wrote:

It's alright my friend, we should not let our surroundings influence us negatively. No matter what is being said, or whatever amount we may think someone reeks. We have to try our best to always remain constant, in the truth. Key in education and the spreading of knowledge.

Nothing more than a smile and a gentle word, for people who understand. We must deal with what is in our own hearts. We know not what is deep within others.
  • Options
    MrAbraham wrote:

It's alright my friend, we should not let our surroundings influence us negatively. No matter what is being said, or whatever amount we may think someone reeks. We have to try our best to always remain constant, in the truth. Key in education and the spreading of knowledge.

Nothing more than a smile and a gentle word, for people who understand.
    your 100% right and we should also not be sheeps and more free thinkers here in america

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    sure does. cause i bet those same people were all gun ho when the us invaded afghanistan and driving around with those lameass support our troops car magnets and were proud to be americans. :roll:

Not really sure how to respond to this.

Can you provide any rational, intellectual argument to this opus of a thesis of yours or is that asking too much?
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    MrAbraham wrote:

Nothing more than a smile and a gentle word, for people who understand.
    your 100% right and we should also not be sheeps and more free thinkers here in america

(I posted part of this in another thread)

This Matrix of a world we live in dislikes two things, People who speak their minds and people who seek the truth, when you put those two traits together, you have a weapon against the state, this machine, this Matrix.....You put those two traits together and you have a Free Mind, and no bigger threat exists to America and it's policies today than a mind that is no longer in the darkness of ignorance.
  • Options
    Gob wrote:
    If you are talking to me, I agree 100% with the quote. I was a dumbass who put it on facebook.
    I learned of the quote here. I guess I shouldn't search for facts from a message board.

Whoever said it though, it's a good quote with a lot of meaning.

This forum no doubt provides many interesting topics, but as with anything, information should be checked again and again. Like CNN for example, you hear their latest headlines, go online search the web for it and we see how much other info is in fact available and how much cable media leaves out or spins.

It's wild, hey, it's a wild world, it's hard to get by just upon a smile :) hehe,
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:

Can you provide any rational, intellectual argument to this opus of a thesis of yours or is that asking too much?
    look at how much people supported the war(basically against UBl and al qaeda) in afghanistan with the american flags on their cars or people getting american flag tattoo's and other patriotic things and now that he's dead people wanna come off thoughtful and peaceful. to me it comes off as fakenes.

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

look at how much people supported the war(basically against UBl and al qaeda) in afghanistan with the american flags on their cars or people getting american flag tattoo's and other patriotic things and now that he's dead people wanna come off thoughtful and peaceful. to me it comes off as fakenes.

A simple 'no' would have sufficed
  • Options

A simple 'no' would have sufficed
    you asked me a question and i answered. don't know what more you wanted from me. sorry if i'm not as smart as you and all :roll: :roll: :lol::lol: :roll: :roll:

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    metsfan wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

There were a lot of people supporting the US and mourning for the US from inside the US and from many parts of the world.

doesn't mean they were out for blood.

MANY MANY MANY people were against both wars. No?

Here is one before the war started.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfBSXbuQfcw
  • Options
    whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    Anyone wanna blunt?

It's been a while since I had a blunt....it's such a waste of good green though..........