Now on the clock....

2»

Comments

• pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I usually do watch the draft, but since my Packers have the last pick, I'm not too stoked on it. I'd like to see them build up the offensive line - luckily Ted Thompson is amazing at building our team through the draft so I trust he's making the right decisions 8-)

Packers repeat this year?? Let's hope so!!!!!!!!!!

Hope we repeat if there's a season. Teddy T knows how to daft. Good thing we got another O Lineman with the way DET has drafted. MIN won't be a threat for the next 3-4 yrs! Cam Newton will be JaMarcus Russell 2.0
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    dps79 wrote:
    dps79 wrote:
    One round in the books, what do you think of your team's pick(s) in the 1st round?

My Steelers got DE Cam Heyward out of Ohio St. I really wanted them to draft a cornerback, but I
    have a hard time questioning the Rooney's/Steelers when it comes to drafting players, they have
    proven they know what they're doing.

Steelers were in a no lose spot really. They had 3 glaring needs, Secondary, O-line, and D-line. I agree on the corner aspect, but the best corners and offensive tackles were gone. They got a great end that will be a force with Ziggy in the near furture, and learning from Keisal, Smith and LeBeau will be nice. They'll need to grab a nose tackle next year. Now they can concentrate on the O-line and secondary tonight and tomorrow.

As much as I would have liked to get the other Pouncey, I'm just happy they did not pull an Atlanta to go up and grab him.

I agree with you completely, Cleveland made out like crazy on that trade. They definitely need all of those picks, the only thing I was hoping was that they didn't take another linebacker, they always take one early. It pans out well but with Ike possibly leaving via free agency and having McFadden and Gay as starters would be a disaster. The Qb's getting drafted as early as they did definitely put the Steelers in a great spot to pick Heyward or even Williams the CB from Texas, they were the two guys they were apparently looking at. I read an article in the Post-Gazette there is a corner from Virginia they were targeting in the 2nd round Ras-I Dowling, who knows maybe they will trade up to get an OT or a CB in the 2nd. Pouncey would have been a feel good story I think more than anything else, I'm glad they didn't give up multiple picks that they would have to get him

yeah, I was surprised at how bad Cleveland fleeced Atlanta, not a good sign if they are going to start making smart moves. I think the Steelers will resign Ike. I would not be surprised if they trade up in the 2nd round for a corner too. They are loaded at Linebacker and Receiver, so hopefully they can stay away from picking more of them this year. But I'm not going to argue against the Steelers draft history. It will be hard to rate the draft until free agents can sign.

And I am just curious what year its going to be when New England has all 32 picks in the 2nd round.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,464
    And with the 29th pick of the draft......

The Chicago Bears select.....

ANY FUCKING OFFENSIVE LINEMAN WHO CAN ACTUALLY BLOCK!!!!!!
    AND SAVE CUTLER FROM A CERTAIN DEATH!!!!!!!
    So I guess we selected some "Good Ole Boy" from Wisconsin......

317lbs worth of "Good ole Boy".........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Cleveland raked Atlanta over the coals, plus they avoided paying big bucks to unproven talent.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    pureoc wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I usually do watch the draft, but since my Packers have the last pick, I'm not too stoked on it. I'd like to see them build up the offensive line - luckily Ted Thompson is amazing at building our team through the draft so I trust he's making the right decisions 8-)

Packers repeat this year?? Let's hope so!!!!!!!!!!

Hope we repeat if there's a season. Teddy T knows how to daft. Good thing we got another O Lineman with the way DET has drafted. MIN won't be a threat for the next 3-4 yrs! Cam Newton will be JaMarcus Russell 2.0

I was just saying to a Lions fan the other day not to worry, that at least they won't be as bad as the Queens!
    Also part of me thinks that the Bears took Carimi out of spite. Poor guy's gonna have to wear enemy colors.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,799
    Jason P wrote:
    Cleveland raked Atlanta over the coals, plus they avoided paying big bucks to unproven talent.

They did, but if Julio lives up to his hype

White
    J jones
    T Gonzalez
    Turner
    Snelling
    Harry Douglas
    Jenkins

A good line, a great QB..... They realize with GB, Philly, NO they will need points. It could be scary for other defenses
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

White
    J jones
    T Gonzalez
    Turner
    Snelling
    Harry Douglas
    Jenkins

A good line, a great QB..... They realize with GB, Philly, NO they will need points. It could be scary for other defenses
    It's a gamble by Atlanta ... I think the pick is great and gives them an extra weapon in a high scoring division. Cleveland got a lot of picks that could help form a foundation to pull them out of the doldrums. Hopefully it's a win/win trade.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,799
    Jason P wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

White
    J jones
    T Gonzalez
    Turner
    Snelling
    Harry Douglas
    Jenkins

It's a gamble by Atlanta ... I think the pick is great and gives them an extra weapon in a high scoring division. Cleveland got a lot of picks that could help form a foundation to pull them out of the doldrums. Hopefully it's a win/win trade.

Cleveland made a great deal, they need to stockpile talent..... They have some nice pcs in place already. Holmgren will right that ship

Atlanta has been developing nice talent since the Vick disaster. I think they feel that you need 2 WR that can stretch it out. Especially after the ass kicking GB gave them. It's a nice gesture to Ryan. He must feel like the tools are in place on offense now where he isn't getting caught force feeding Roddy the ball.

That 1 they gave up next year should be in the late 1st round similar to this years pick. Like I said earlier, you can gamble as long as your not doing it year in and year out like Jerry Jones or Al Davis, Matt Millen etc.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    dps79 wrote:
    I read an article in the Post-Gazette there is a corner from Virginia they were targeting in the 2nd round Ras-I Dowling, who knows maybe they will trade up to get an OT or a CB in the 2nd.

They will have to trade up significantly in the 2nd round to get him I think.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,138
    fife wrote:
    Be prepared to jump ship.
    Yeah, I've been ready for a while now...

if i was the Panthers, I would wait one more year and then pick Luck with the 1st pick. I think they should actually trade down and maybe get 2 pick. 1 this year and 1 next year. I still think you have to give your QB from last year draft soem time to see if he is worth anything.
    That's pretty much been my thought too. I wouldn't have minded struggling through another year if they could get Luck. The Panthers have more problems than just QB. They need help in a lot of areas and getting more picks couldn't hurt. While I'm not a Clausen fan by any means, this is just giving up on him way too early. With the O-line problems and no receivers other than (a disgruntled if he doesn't get his trade wish) Steve Smith, I don't see Newton faring much better.
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,138
    81 wrote:
    My interest in the NFL has really declined in the last few years, although I do still keep up with the Panthers. If they draft Cam Newton first overall, I'm out...

he gone
    yep, I'm out

strictly college football for me now....
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    As stated, the Patriots keep it interesting ... their deals ...

The New England Patriots traded the 28th overall pick to the New Orleans Saints for New Orleans' second-rounder 56th) and New Orleans' first-rounder in 2012.

The New England Patriots traded the 60th overall pick to the Houston Texans in exchange for the Texans' third-rounder (73rd) and fifth-rounder (138th).

The New England Patriots traded the 92nd overall pick, along with their fourth-rounder (125th) to the Oakland Raiders in exchange for Oakland's seventh-rounder (219th) and Oakland's second-round selection in 2012.

And, they pick up Ryan Mallet.

I'm so excited, another year of hoping the Raiders suck ass so the Pats get a high draft pick. Makes me a popular person here in the bay area. :lol: .... oh, and New Orleans, you can suck it, too.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Also part of me thinks that the Bears took Carimi out of spite. Poor guy's gonna have to wear enemy colors.

pay me a few million and i'll gladly wear a packers jersey :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg