Now on the clock....

Leash_In_HidingLeash_In_Hiding Posts: 691
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone have an interest in the NFL Draft? In years past I would watch the first couple rounds, but the lockout and possibility of a missed 2011 season I really don't care much what happens until I know for sure there will be football. I do hope my Steelers move up in the first round and draft a cornerback or offensive lineman, but other than that I'm a little bitter at the labor situation. Who do you want your teams to draft in the first round?

Peace like chicken grease
The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself - EV

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i've got better things to do than watch talking heads talk for hours on end with one snippet of news every 15 minutes or so.

that's not to say i'm not interested in who goes where, i just don't need to watch it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Theres a draft today ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • 81 wrote:
    i've got better things to do than watch talking heads talk for hours on end with one snippet of news every 15 minutes or so.

that's not to say i'm not interested in who goes where, i just don't need to watch it.

I know what you mean they definitely drag that stuff out. I'm a little under the weather right now and bummed that my Pens lost so I might be locked in on ESPN for the draft tonight.

• Theres a draft today ?

Yep for Pittsburgh to pay attention to, we've got no sports to follow now. Especially during Pirates season :lol:

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    81 wrote:

This is why i don't hang on the porch
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,138
    My interest in the NFL has really declined in the last few years, although I do still keep up with the Panthers. If they draft Cam Newton first overall, I'm out...
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    I'll flip to it on and off to see who got picked. I liked it better when it was on Saturday and Sunday.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    didn't even realize it started today. :lol: i thought it was still sat. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,987
    My interest in the NFL has really declined in the last few years, although I do still keep up with the Panthers. If they draft Cam Newton first overall, I'm out...

Be prepared to jump ship.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    As a Patriots fan, the draft isn't something you can just flip on and catch up on who they took ... fuckers are wheelin' and dealin' all draft long.

With 6 picks in the first 3 rounds (2 in each round), I execpt a lot of action out of the hoodied one this year.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,464
    And with the 29th pick of the draft......

The Chicago Bears select.....

ANY FUCKING OFFENSIVE LINEMAN WHO CAN ACTUALLY BLOCK!!!!!!
    AND SAVE CUTLER FROM A CERTAIN DEATH!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

:lol: you wish. i wouldn't be suprised if they went d line
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

And with the 29th pick of the draft.....

The Chicago Bears trade down....

And end up drafting a bunch of Yahoos, who will not be in the NFL in 2 years..........
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,138

Yeah, I've been ready for a while now...
    And with the 29th pick of the draft....

The Chicago Bears draft some clown....

Who shows up to summer camp 50lbs overweight, and gets a DUI the first week of camp!!!!
  • And with the 29th pick of the draft....

The Chicago Bears draft some clown....

Who shows up to summer camp 50lbs overweight, and gets a DUI the first week of camp!!!!

So you're pretty happy with how the front office runs things? :lol:

• My interest in the NFL has really declined in the last few years, although I do still keep up with the Panthers. If they draft Cam Newton first overall, I'm out...

Well take a life jacket buddy haha you're definitely jumping

• fifefife Posts: 3,327

Yeah, I've been ready for a while now...

if i was the Panthers, I would wait one more year and then pick Luck with the 1st pick. I think they should actually trade down and maybe get 2 pick. 1 this year and 1 next year. I still think you have to give your QB from last year draft soem time to see if he is worth anything.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I usually do watch the draft, but since my Packers have the last pick, I'm not too stoked on it. I'd like to see them build up the offensive line - luckily Ted Thompson is amazing at building our team through the draft so I trust he's making the right decisions 8-)

Packers repeat this year?? Let's hope so!!!!!!!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    I really dont think the Bills can screw this up at #3.

Im thinking they will be taking Darius or Miller. With Peterson as a darkhorse.

I like how Carolina is going to take Newton and not give Buffalo the temptation.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    jimed14 wrote:
    As a Patriots fan, the draft isn't something you can just flip on and catch up on who they took ... fuckers are wheelin' and dealin' all draft long.

With 6 picks in the first 3 rounds (2 in each round), I execpt a lot of action out of the hoodied one this year.
    I fully expect them to not take ANYONE tonight and flip all the picks this weekend for similar picks next year. Oh, we thought we were getting JJ Watt? How does two 2nd round picks in 2014 sound instead?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • NoCode416NoCode416 Posts: 416
    dolphins fan -- i just hope they don't draft mark ingram.

as a clemson guy, i wouldn't mind if they took a chance on daquan bowers... dude is a freak.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,597
    jimed14 wrote:

they should just rename this years draft "bill belicheck's smorgasbord." :x :lol:

i am usually overly hyped up for the draft. buddy usually holds a big draft party....this year, nothing.

and no trades which further screws my birds over. god.damn.it. :x
    www.myspace.com
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,971
    81 wrote:

They might pick Paea. He's a beast.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    i'm not to thrilled with the cowboys picking where they are. i'd ideally like to trade out and acquire more picks but i know jerry will take prince amukamara or do something crazy and trade up to get patrick peterson
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

he gone
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • One round in the books, what do you think of your team's pick(s) in the 1st round?

My Steelers got DE Cam Heyward out of Ohio St. I really wanted them to draft a cornerback, but I
    have a hard time questioning the Rooney's/Steelers when it comes to drafting players, they have
    proven they know what they're doing.

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    dps79 wrote:
    One round in the books, what do you think of your team's pick(s) in the 1st round?

My Steelers got DE Cam Heyward out of Ohio St. I really wanted them to draft a cornerback, but I
    have a hard time questioning the Rooney's/Steelers when it comes to drafting players, they have

Steelers were in a no lose spot really. They had 3 glaring needs, Secondary, O-line, and D-line. I agree on the corner aspect, but the best corners and offensive tackles were gone. They got a great end that will be a force with Ziggy in the near furture, and learning from Keisal, Smith and LeBeau will be nice. They'll need to grab a nose tackle next year. Now they can concentrate on the O-line and secondary tonight and tomorrow.

As much as I would have liked to get the other Pouncey, I'm just happy they did not pull an Atlanta to go up and grab him.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • dps79 wrote:
    One round in the books, what do you think of your team's pick(s) in the 1st round?

Steelers were in a no lose spot really. They had 3 glaring needs, Secondary, O-line, and D-line. I agree on the corner aspect, but the best corners and offensive tackles were gone. They got a great end that will be a force with Ziggy in the near furture, and learning from Keisal, Smith and LeBeau will be nice. They'll need to grab a nose tackle next year. Now they can concentrate on the O-line and secondary tonight and tomorrow.

As much as I would have liked to get the other Pouncey, I'm just happy they did not pull an Atlanta to go up and grab him.

I agree with you completely, Cleveland made out like crazy on that trade. They definitely need all of those picks, the only thing I was hoping was that they didn't take another linebacker, they always take one early. It pans out well but with Ike possibly leaving via free agency and having McFadden and Gay as starters would be a disaster. The Qb's getting drafted as early as they did definitely put the Steelers in a great spot to pick Heyward or even Williams the CB from Texas, they were the two guys they were apparently looking at. I read an article in the Post-Gazette there is a corner from Virginia they were targeting in the 2nd round Ras-I Dowling, who knows maybe they will trade up to get an OT or a CB in the 2nd. Pouncey would have been a feel good story I think more than anything else, I'm glad they didn't give up multiple picks that they would have to get him