Options

Free CD's! Vs. and Vitalogy Reissues - Winner Announced

themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
edited April 2011 in Lost Dogs
So I went to Best Buy when the reissues came out and couldn't help using my gift cards on the Best Buy edition with the free tshirts. I basically bought them for the T's because I already had ordered the 3cd set. So now I have 2 sets of the Vs. and Vitalogy cd's.

This giveaway is for those 2 cd's only, they are in perfect/new condition and need a good home for someone too broke to go get them themselves. I will pay for shipping and everything!

The person who gives me the best reason by the end of day today why PJ should come to Texas to play soon wins them! Good luck!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i ll give you one reason why pearl jam should go to texas, YOU, You deserve front row tickets with generosity like that. Cheers for the opportunity.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Simple.....ITS TEXAS!

Thanks for the chance
  • Options
    Well since everything is bigger in Texas, why not have the BIGGEST & GREATEST Band plat there. Thanks for the chance!!!!
    Washington, D.C. 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA 2006
    State College, PA 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA 2003
  • Options
    AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    With the fires that are happening across the state of Texas, it would be a nice little diversion for a couple of shows in the state of Texas. Not everyone in Texas has the initials of D.A. Texas deserves some love.
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    FACT: The population of Texas is 24 million, not including the 16 million cattle.

That gives Ed an easy out for opening with "Walking the Cow" :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    Not being from Texas, makes it hard for me to say why they should play there. I know alot of people have said it has been around 8 years since they played so that makes since enough for me. But, on the other hand, I am from NC and we don't get to see them that much either. So my answer is simply for their loyal fans. Just because we don't live in the North-North/East or West doesn't make us less of a fan. We will honestly, appreciate seeing them more because it is rare that we do get a tour. Thanks for the chance, and for your kindness to whomever wins, I hope you do get a Texas Tour.
  • Options
    Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    StillHere wrote:
    FACT: The population of Texas is 24 million, not including the 16 million cattle.

Because everything in Texas is bigger...including your heart. StillHere had her entire physical inventory of Pearl Jam cd's lost in an accident. A bigtime PJ fan who would give them a good home!
  • Options
    PJ should not play Texas!!!!!!! Plat Seattle more.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • Options
    Great answers so far everyone, I'm loving the originality and Texas love!
  • Options
    PJ should not play Texas!!!!!!! Plat Seattle more.

I need to make it to Seattle for a show, it's at the top of my travel list when next tour comes around!
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Black73 wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

Because everything in Texas is bigger...including your heart. StillHere had her entire physical inventory of Pearl Jam cd's lost in an accident. A bigtime PJ fan who would give them a good home!

come on now you are making me cry :cry: have i told you lately that you are an angel? :angel: :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Texas is the new Seattle!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,050
    because George Bush is from Texas and PJ should stick it to him and play Bushleaguer 30 times a night
  • Options
    Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    they really make CD's ??
  • Options
    dpmaydpmay Posts: 643
    probably pearl jam should ONLY play texas this year:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62101147@N08/5644362396/
  • Options
    dpmay wrote:
    probably pearl jam should ONLY play texas this year:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62101147@N08/5644362396/

That's pretty awesome! Hoepfully they put a full worldwide tour on so everyone is happy!
  • Options
    release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    Pearl Jam needs to do a 4 night stand here

http://files.texaspsychedelicrock.com/u ... 726265.jpg

because,it would be like riding the perfect wave during the endless summer

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    d1witdafunkd1witdafunk Posts: 226
    edited April 2011
    Great music scene, the best BBQ ever and oil tanker wake surfing! So much music that has enriched my life and probably yours has come out of the lone star state check this out
    Famous Texan musicians and groups include Kenny Rogers, Willie Nelson, Lightnin' Hopkins, George Strait, Waylon Jennings, Buck Owens, Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison, Hank Thompson, Ray Price, T-Bone Burnett, Edgar Winter, Johnny Winter, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Archie Bell & the Drells, Johnny Guitar Watson, Ornette Coleman, Townes Van Zandt, Selena Quintanilla, Pantera, Steve Miller, Charlie Sexton, Janis Joplin, ZZ Top, Eric Johnson and many others.

did you notice johnny guitar watson on there? how epic would that be pj in texas rocking the johnny guitar in his home state!

i'am to broke to buy these right now.....my women has been out of work and i've been picking up the slack, thanks for the chance :D
    Post edited by d1witdafunk on
  • Options

I've heard of that place but haven't been to SA in years, it would be a great reason to come though! It's easily better than the POS amphitheater in Dallas (Starplex/Smirnoff/Superpages/whatever its called now) haha.
  • Options
    Why PJ should play in Texas

Remember when Jeremy became so popular, and there was a lot of negative flack from the media about their music video inciting childhood violence. Yet anybody that actually loved Pearl Jam and listened to the lyrics knew that it was drawing attention to a tragedy that was and is teenage suicide. The inspiration for that song came from a story that Vedder heard out of Richardson Texas. I think with some of the teenage suicide stories that have been in the news lately maybe Pearl Jam in this the year of PJ20 can draw attention to the need to prevent teenage suicide and what better way than to go to the state in which the tragic story that Vedder wished to write about came from. They could use it to help a good cause: Suicide Prevention.

Here I quote Wiki article commentary: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_(song)
    The song takes its main inspiration from a newspaper article about a 15-year-old boy named Jeremy Wade Delle, born February 10, 1975, from Richardson, Texas who shot himself in front of his English classmates at Richardson High School on Monday morning of January 8, 1991 at about 9:45 am. In a 2009 interview, Vedder said that he felt "the need to take that small article and make something of it—to give that action, to give it reaction, to give it more importance."[5]
    Delle was described by schoolmates as "real quiet" and known for "acting sad."[6] After coming in to class late that morning, Delle was told to get an admittance slip from the school office. He left the classroom, and returned with a .357 Magnum revolver. Delle walked to the front of the classroom, announced "Miss, I got what I really went for", put the barrel of the firearm in his mouth, and pulled the trigger before his teacher or classmates could react.[6] A girl named Lisa Moore knew Jeremy from the in-school suspension program: "He and I would pass notes back and forth and he would talk about life and stuff," she said. "He signed all of his notes, 'Write back.' But on Monday he wrote, 'Later days.' I didn't know what to make of it. But I never thought this would happen."[6]
    When asked about the song, Vedder explained:
    It came from a small paragraph in a paper which means you kill yourself and you make a big old sacrifice and try to get your revenge. That all you're gonna end up with is a paragraph in a newspaper. Sixty-three degrees and cloudy in a suburban neighborhood. That's the beginning of the video and that's the same thing is that in the end, it does nothing … nothing changes. The world goes on and you're gone. The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself. Be stronger than those people. And then you can come back.[7]
  • Options
    Great music scene, the best BBQ ever and oil tanker wake surfing! So much music that has enriched my life and probably yours has come out of the lone star state check this out
    Famous Texan musicians and groups include Kenny Rogers, Willie Nelson, Lightnin' Hopkins, George Strait, Waylon Jennings, Buck Owens, Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison, Hank Thompson, Ray Price, T-Bone Burnett, Edgar Winter, Johnny Winter, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Archie Bell & the Drells, Johnny Guitar Watson, Ornette Coleman, Townes Van Zandt, Selena Quintanilla, Pantera, Steve Miller, Charlie Sexton, Janis Joplin, ZZ Top, Eric Johnson and many others.

did you notice johnny guitar watson on there? how epic would that be pj in texas rocking the johnny guitar in his home state!

thanks for the chance :D

Just a few more acts from TX PIMP C/UGK, DJ Srew, destinys child, LIL Flip, Stevie Ray Vaughan,, an many more :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options

I've heard of that place but haven't been to SA in years, it would be a great reason to come though! It's easily better than the POS amphitheater in Dallas (Starplex/Smirnoff/Superpages/whatever its called now) haha.

yo i hate amp theaters but this place in san antone is bad ass,, yeah i always post in play the south thread, its one of the best venues in TX kinda small but sweet anywhere in the place has a few but at tha very back of tha lil gras area is a rock wall parts of if you can sit up on theres sections of tress you an climb up the rock an just sit in tha shade but it might hold 5k if that
  • Options
    Why NOT play Texas?

:mrgreen:
    Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006; Madison Square Garden - Jun 24, 2008; Madison Square Garden - Jun 25, 2008; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 30, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009; The Prudential Center - May 18, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010

Tres MTS. - Gramercy - Mar 26, 2011
  • Options
    munciemuncie Posts: 1
    because it increases the chances, greatly, of a jam with King's X.
    or at least Doug P=Tres Mts.
  • Options
    RosdowerRosdower Posts: 119
    so they can play buddy hollys "everyday" one more time....
  • Options
    JK36392JK36392 Posts: 840
    simple. buddy holly
  • Options
    Released1980Released1980 Posts: 1,790
    Cuz all my exes live in Texas....
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    so Mike can cover Steve Ray.
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Options
    because we hope Pearl Jam will invite Dave Abb from Texas as a SURPRISE quest to join more than one song and play along with Matt and Jack :)
    - "I wish I was a messenger, and all the news was good" -
  • Options
    cuz its Texas :mrgreen:
    "THEY USE FORCE TO MAKE YOU DO WHAT THE DECIDERS HAVE DECIDED YOU MUST DO!" ~ Zach De La Rocha

..And away.. we go!
    MSG 5/20/2010
    MSG 5/21/2010