81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    don't smart phones use SIM cards?

mine doesn't

:(
    so when I upgrade this year I gotta sit there and enter all that s#it in the phone? :roll:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    don't smart phones use SIM cards?

mine doesn't

:(
    so when I upgrade this year I gotta sit there and enter all that s#it in the phone? :roll:

i dunno....

woman in the office upgraded to a verizon fascinate and they were able to dump her contact info onto her phone, although she ended up with a bunch of crap. not sure how that works.

if you go android, you can download stuff from your google account.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i dunno....

woman in the office upgraded to a verizon fascinate and they were able to dump her contact info onto her phone, although she ended up with a bunch of crap. not sure how that works.

if you go android, you can download stuff from your google account.

don't have a google account...I keep most info in hardcopy...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTX1emKbQ6D9CIU0L1Wul1biMqU6GuqSIRG--NyOQlux0qQyumx
    lost way too much stuff from computer crashes and whatnot...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

:lol:

if you go android, you will need a google account to access the market. not sure why it has to be google. sort of annoying since i don't use it for anything else and always forget my google password
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

:lol:

if you go android, you will need a google account to access the market. not sure why it has to be google. sort of annoying since i don't use it for anything else and always forget my google password

freaking password here, password there...everthing needs a password!

- Christopher McCandless
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    not sure why it has to be google. sort of annoying since i don't use it for anything else and always forget my google password

you're not sure why you need a google account on a google phone?

RKCNDY if you get up a gmail account and upload all your contacts etc to there, when you get an android phone, it will sync with your gmail account...and your contacts are all safe (more or less...i mean, who really knows what google does in "the cloud" :roll: )
    if all i need a google account is to track what i do in the market, does it really need to be a google account?

they can't put hotmail.com in the email field?

the market is the ONLY reason i have a google account and the only place that it gets used.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    not sure why it has to be google. sort of annoying since i don't use it for anything else and always forget my google password

you're not sure why you need a google account on a google phone?

RKCNDY if you get up a gmail account and upload all your contacts etc to there, when you get an android phone, it will sync with your gmail account...and your contacts are all safe (more or less...i mean, who really knows what google does in "the cloud" :roll: )

yeah...I thought I read something about 'clouds' not being entirely safe, easily hacked or something. Maybe I should change all my contact names to famous people names, give the hackers something to freak about.
    Guess I should play around with all the different phones to see what I like....just hate sales peeps breathing down my neck.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    RKCNDY wrote:

Guess I should play around with all the different phones to see what I like....just hate sales peeps breathing down my neck.
    don't go to a corporate store and you can play around with the phones all you want
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

don't go to a corporate store and you can play around with the phones all you want

i went to a few verizon stores and played with a phone. sales people didn't bother me once i said i was just looking. went to a best buy and all they have are dummy phones, but the sales person did give me an evo to play with when i was looking.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    81 wrote:
    i went to a few verizon stores and played with a phone. sales people didn't bother me once i said i was just looking. went to a best buy and all they have are dummy phones, but the sales person did give me an evo to play with when i was looking.
    lol thats cool
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    lol

it's not funny.

:P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    Gingerbread: Android 2.3 is coming out and from what I've read is available for Nexus One

This update fixed my wifi and camera so I'm happy once again

It's a hell of a lot faster too. Unfortunately you have to root and flash this ROM on the moment, at least I had to for the Droid Incredible
    in other android news....

the official Netflix app is out, so if you have a netflix account you can watch stuff on your phone now....assuming you have a high end device...

HTC Incredible
    HTC Nexus One
    HTC Evo
    HTC G2
    Samsung Nexus S
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i was invited to join google music beta...took a little over a week to upload my 12,000+ songs but they're all in the cloud and it works great...i now have access to my entire library on my phone

android rules! :mrgreen:
    norm wrote:
    i was invited to join google music beta...took a little over a week to upload my 12,000+ songs but they're all in the cloud and it works great...i now have access to my entire library on my phone

gf uses google tunes...which lets her download songs to her phone. not sure how it works, or what's going on.

i still prefer to keep my music on my 120 gig ipod that plugs into my car stereo.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

gf uses google tunes...which lets her download songs to her phone. not sure how it works, or what's going on.

i still prefer to keep my music on my 120 gig ipod that plugs into my car stereo.

well this is google's cloud music...like gmail or google calendar, once it's in the cloud you can access it from your phone...and i can select what songs i want to download to my phone for when i'm not in range of cell service

i still have my 160g ipod but it's nice to have access to my library on my phone