Android Rules

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited June 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Grrrr....lets here iphone boys. Phone went into force close loop. Had to reset and lost all my shit
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    iphone_haters_tshirt-p235050797311576690t5tr_400.jpg
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Love my iphone 4 and in 3 years of owning the 3GS and now 4 never lost all my shit...so I am happy...sorry, that does suck though.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    I love the idea of the Android, poor poor execution of it though

Software update killed my wifi now my camera app doesn't work

Miss the iPhone
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    New iphone due out in september I think, but I like android, even with it's flaws, I almost lost my phone during an update. Was pretty scary :D

I'm also liking the new Galaxy S2, solid specs, great screen.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    MrAbraham wrote:
    New iphone due out in september I think, but I like android, even with it's flaws, I almost lost my phone during an update. Was pretty scary :D

From what I read Iphone 6 a year later will probably be the 1 to but, the one due in September will be mostly internal updates, faster processor etc.. The iphone 6 will supposedly be redesigned...just the rumours I read though.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    lukin2006 wrote:
    MrAbraham wrote:

From what I read Iphone 6 a year later will probably be the 1 to but, the one due in September will be mostly internal updates, faster processor etc.. The iphone 6 will supposedly be redesigned...just the rumours I read though.

I have one but come September I'll probably make a change, oh and these Iphones they can track your every move I do mean EVERY move you make.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I've owned both. I feel pity for iPhone users. They are paying more money for so much less phone.

I guess you'll back-up your stuff next time, huh?
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I have a droid x and love it. Never had an issue with it.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    I have a HTC Hero and never had a problem... well other than Sprint not wanting to update to the latest Android version. But since its an Android, there's a workaround for that :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    know1 wrote:

:lol: no major losses. i have all my phone numbers in other other spots, just sucks having to put them all back in. :x this time i'm saving them to my google account instead of only on the phone. hopefully, they will all sycn if it crashes again.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    intodeep wrote:
    I have a droid x and love it. Never had an issue with it.

that's what i would have said until last night with the EVO :lol:

it not like i even did anything different. i was using the interent, and than it force closed itself. tried again, it forceclosed again. rebooted and all it would do is loop foreclose anything that was trying to run, including parts of android

karma got me. it's my punishment for razzing iphone users. :oops:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    g under p wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    MrAbraham wrote:

I have one but come September I'll probably make a change, oh and these Iphones they can track your every move I do mean EVERY move you make.

Peace

Very scary, the more 'modern' people get, the more freedom they lose. Our phones, cars, computers all track us, monitor the words we type. Even our TVs and the DVR will soon be sending targeted commercials to viewers based on what they watch.

The New World Order is here! let's all stop thinking and just plug ourselves in :D
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42717490/ns ... -security/

Not...cool!

I've had my original Droid since day 1 and the only problem I have is occasionally the back cover slides off. Other than that, no issues whatsoever.
    I do NOT like the idea that they are collecting info on you. That's really messed up! It's on thing to be able to turn on a feature that allows you to share your location, but it's another when Apple tracks you using cell tower triangulation!!

Not....cool!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    mca47 wrote:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42717490/ns/technology_and_science-security/

Not...cool!

I've had my original Droid since day 1 and the only problem I have is occasionally the back cover slides off. Other than that, no issues whatsoever.
    I do NOT like the idea that they are collecting info on you. That's really messed up! It's on thing to be able to turn on a feature that allows you to share your location, but it's another when Apple tracks you using cell tower triangulation!!

Not....cool!

i have the original droid also...did yours slow down after the upgrade to froyo or whatever the latest android release is?
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    norm wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42717490/ns/technology_and_science-security/

Not...cool!

Not....cool!

i have the original droid also...did yours slow down after the upgrade to froyo or whatever the latest android release is?

Not that I've noticed. The only time it will slow down is if I have a ton of apps/programs running in the background at once, and I only notice that if I'm playing Angry Birds! :lol:
    I just use Advanced Task Killer every once and a while and it runs as it did when I got it.
  • dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    know1 wrote:
    I've owned both. I feel pity for iPhone users. They are paying more money for so much less phone.

if you don't have an iphone... well you don't have an iphone
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,972
    EVO!!!!! The only way to go. :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    and fuck you verizon, att etc :evil:

http://www.androidtapp.com/google-block ... d=9d882897
    norm wrote:

not that big of a deal for anyone with any computer skill.....you just need to download the .apk file from a place that isn't the official google market.

you can also go the wireless route if you want to get crazy with it. z4root worked well for me.

sprint has historically said they wouldn't block this type of app, and so far haven't.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    can one of you philly peeps check Vick's phone for this app. :lol:

Dog-Wars-550x330.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    81 wrote:

*chortle*
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

not that big of a deal for anyone with any computer skill.....you just need to download the .apk file from a place that isn't the official google market.

you can also go the wireless route if you want to get crazy with it. z4root worked well for me.

sprint has historically said they wouldn't block this type of app, and so far haven't.

not the point...it's my fucking phone and i'm paying ungodly $$ for it...let me do what i want without calling the fucking geek squad
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

not the point...it's my fucking phone and i'm paying ungodly $$ for it...let me do what i want without calling the fucking geek squad

than you should have been complaining long before this with them locking down the wifi hotspot unless you pay the 30 monthly fee.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

*chortle*

i had to look that up. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    than you should have been complaining long before this with them locking down the wifi hotspot unless you pay the 30 monthly fee.

my phone doesn't do it....and i've known about what verizon "turns off" but i know that going in...turning shit off after having it on for years is horseshit...but since they've got us by the balls, no complaining will help
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

my phone doesn't do it....and i've known about what verizon "turns off" but i know that going in...turning shit off after having it on for years is horseshit...but since they've got us by the balls, no complaining will help

you make a solid point. i would agree with your assessment of changing mid stream.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

*chortle*

:lol: cachinnation :lol:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    i'm not looking that up....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i'm not looking that up....

;)
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    *chortle*

:lol: cachinnation :lol:

:lol:

don't smart phones use SIM cards?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless