Making your way in the world today takes everything you got

13»

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Finished season 6 on Christmas Eve and started season 7 today. On the second disc now. Loved the episode "Bar Wars" and the Wade Boggs scene was hilarious. "I'm Woody Boyd." :lol::lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,511
    i think it's a state farm commercial? but they play this song pretty much from start to finish.

while odd, cuz i'm expecting cheers to be starting, it's always nice to hear.
    www.myspace.com
    i think it's a state farm commercial? but they play this song pretty much from start to finish.

while odd, cuz i'm expecting cheers to be starting, it's always nice to hear.
    I know that commercial you're talking about. First time I heard the theme on the commercial, I wasn't looking at the TV and thought the show was starting.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Dr. Frasier Crane: Congratulate the doctor. I'm doing a piece on the psychological ramifications of Ingmar Bergman's later works for American Film.
    Norm Peterson: Oh, that's great Frase.
    Dr. Frasier Crane: I'd like to read it to you to see if it's still accessible to the layman. May I have your opinion?
    Carla LeBec: Sure: buy a new suit, get a haircut, and stay home.
    Dr. Frasier Crane: Thank you, Carla. Now, I call the piece, "Ingmar Bergman: Poet of the Subconscious". The films of Ingmar Bergman...
    Norm Peterson: Boy, who could forget her in 'Casablanca', huh?
    Dr. Frasier Crane: No, no, you're thinking of Ingrid Bergman, I'm talking about Ingmar Bergman.
    Woody Boyd: Ingmar Bergman, the boxer?
    Cliff Clavin: No Woody, you're thinking of Ingemar Johansson.
    Sam Malone: You mean the guy that knocked out Floyd Patterson?
    Norm Peterson: No, no, no, Sonny Liston knocked out Patterson.
    Pete: Who knocked out Johansson?
    Norm Peterson: Patterson.
    Steve: Before Liston?
    Norm Peterson: No, Johansson knocked out Liston.
    Cliff Clavin: Well, who knocked out Patterson?
    Woody Boyd: Was it Ingrid Bergman?
    Pete: Ingrid Bergman...
    Dr. Frasier Crane: [yells] Shut up, shut up! Not one more word. I came in here to discuss Ingmar Bergman, not to start an Abbott and Costello routine.
    Norm Peterson: Actually, I thought it was more like Martin and Lewis.
    Sam Malone: You mean, Joe Louis?
    Cliff Clavin: Oh, he's the one who knocked out Floyd Patterson.
    Woody Boyd: Then who knocked out Lou Costello?
    Dr. Frasier Crane: [exasperated] Apparently Ingrid Bergman.
    Woody Boyd: Boy, she was tougher than she looked.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Coach: "nothing is obvious to me!"

my 18 year-old son: Coach is the best
    Norm drinking a beer while everyone is fighting at Eddie's funeral was fucking hilarious! :lol::lol:
    Frederick is so awesome!
    Johnny Carson on "Cheers" was hilarious. :lol: Gotta love Cliff freaking out - again - on national television. :lol:
    I had 67 episodes of Cheers on the DVR and earlier this evening I started watching, now I am on #63
    Ernie Pantuso.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Ernie Pantuso.
    "That's you, Coach."
    Beginning the final season tonight. :( At least the upside is I have the entire series on DVD to go back and rewatch! :D
    Finished
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Was this an opening scene? I love and miss this show. My favorite of all time.
    Newch91 wrote:
    Dr. Frasier Crane: Congratulate the doctor. I'm doing a piece on the psychological ramifications of Ingmar Bergman's later works for American Film.
    Dr. Frasier Crane: I'd like to read it to you to see if it's still accessible to the layman. May I have your opinion?
    Dr. Frasier Crane: Thank you, Carla. Now, I call the piece, "Ingmar Bergman: Poet of the Subconscious". The films of Ingmar Bergman...
    Dr. Frasier Crane: No, no, you're thinking of Ingrid Bergman, I'm talking about Ingmar Bergman.
    Dr. Frasier Crane: [yells] Shut up, shut up! Not one more word. I came in here to discuss Ingmar Bergman, not to start an Abbott and Costello routine.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Was this an opening scene? I love and miss this show. My favorite of all time.
    Newch91 wrote:

I can't remember off the top of my head but it may have been.
    :lol::lol::lol: Hilarious every time.
    Cliff Clavin: Boy oh boy, talk about your lucky days, huh, I just found twenty smackers back there in the pool room. And to celebrate my good fortune, I'm going to buy a round a drinks for all my friends.

Carla Tortelli: What are you going to do with the other nineteen bucks?

Sam Malone: Woody, that could be your twenty dollar bill, the one you lost.

Woody Boyd: Hey yeah, you know I was in the pool room earlier.

Cliff Clavin: Hey, wait a second. Let's be fair about this. Give me the serial number.

Sam Malone: Oh, come on man. Nobody knows serial numbers.

Woody Boyd: L21886119B

Cliff Clavin: [hands the bill to Woody] That's amazing.

Sam Malone: How did you do that?

Woody Boyd: I memorize the serial numbers on all my currency.

Sam Malone: Why?

Woody Boyd: For just such an occasion. Tell you though, I pray every day I don't get rich.
    Norm and Cliff singing "Lollipop." :lol::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx50CusEByQ

Woody's splitting headache.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkWikN3fl7g

I freakin' love this show!