Making your way in the world today takes everything you got

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Cliff Clavin: I've got a pet little theory about that. You see, if you go back in history and take every president, you'll find that the numerical value of each letter in their last name was equally divisible into the year in which they were elected.

Paul: So who's going to win, Cliff? Reagan again?

Norm Peterson: What, Mondale?

Cliff Clavin: No, no, not a chance. You see, I figured it out. By my calculations, the next president has to be named Yelnik McWawa.

Sam Malone: That's the stupidest name I've ever heard.

Ernie 'Coach' Pantusso: Sam, please. You're talking about our next president.
  • PKTrekGirlPKTrekGirl Posts: 747
    Ah! Norm! The Patron Saint of Accountants everywhere. (Yes, I am an accountant).

Norm lived the life most of us only dream of! :lol:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Is this the official Cheers thread?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:

Sure why not!
    norm wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Sure why not!
    Sweet! I've been wanting to watch this show for a while now. I wish I had Netflix to watch it.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    I cheated and started with the finale. Hallmark had it on last night, so I DVR'd it and watched it. Tonight they start from the beginning. Can't wait to start the show from the beginning!

Only problem is they bleep out words like jackass, God damn, and son of a bitch, from what I heard.
    I watched the first 4 episodes of the series today. Now Hallmark will be showing Christmas movies. :twisted: :twisted:

Sam: (to Diane) Was there anything you weren't in college?
    Carla: Blonde.
    norm: you don't have to believe me, i have scientific proof. Cliff?

cliff: it happened.

norm: see?
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    ClavenCliff.jpg
    Well ya see Norm, it's like this...A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and the weakest ones at the back the are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeep improving be the regular killing of the weakest members. in much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain bells. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

Yes. What Cliff said. :lol:
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    029z9h3?errorid=%2Ffreebase%2Fno_image_png&maxheight=200&mode=fit&maxwidth=150

Yup!!
    I liked the part in the pilot when they were talking about the sweatiest movie.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I wonder what brand of beer Norm drank on the show.. I am sure one of you folks is going to school me, but he looks like a Budweiser man..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Frasier: [about Dr. Simon Finch-Royce] We were students together when I was a Rhodes scholar.
    Woody: Wow, you were a Rhodes scholar? [Frasier nods affirmatively] Tell me this, how come the stuff they fill in the potholes with is darker than the rest of the road?
    Frasier: I don't know Woody. I missed that day.
    Woody Boyd: And now it's come back to haunt you.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    This show needs to be on some type of rotation more often. I think it's on REELZ one night from 10-11 and on the weekends at 2am. Yeah, that helps. I had almost every episode taped on VHS tapes from the tv. I even cut out commercials. Man I miss this show. Best sit-com ever!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I find it weird that my parents were very strict about what I watched on television as a child, but I was always allowed to watch a show that was primarily set in a bar.
    ClavenCliff.jpg
    Well ya see Norm, it's like this...A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and the weakest ones at the back the are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeep improving be the regular killing of the weakest members. in much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain bells. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

Quite possibly the best ever. :lol::lol:
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Norm - "Women: You can't live with 'em. Pass the beer nuts."
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I find it weird that my parents were very strict about what I watched on television as a child, but I was always allowed to watch a show that was primarily set in a bar.

forshawdowing
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    81 wrote:

forshawdowing
    They did a good job then.
    JK_Livin wrote:
    This show needs to be on some type of rotation more often. I think it's on REELZ one night from 10-11 and on the weekends at 2am. Yeah, that helps. I had almost every episode taped on VHS tapes from the tv. I even cut out commercials. Man I miss this show. Best sit-com ever!
    I agree. When I started watching it late last year, it was on for 2 hours every night on Hallmark Channel from 2 AM to 4 AM, then they stopped, and cut it down to 1 hour at 4 AM on Sunday and Monday mornings.

I wish TV Land would go back to how they used to be and show all classic, old shows and put this on there.
    DS1119 wrote:
    ClavenCliff.jpg

Quite possibly the best ever. :lol::lol:
    :lol::lol: Agreed.
    I came across a channel last night...I think it's called Reelz or some shit like that. They were playing some Cheers reruns.
    "My shoes are squeaking, too, Cliff. In E minor."
    Finished season 5 tonight. The finale was great. Sad to see Shelly go. Let's see how Kirstie's seasons are.

Love this show!
    Happy 30 years!
    Coach: Norm, how come you and Vera never had any kids?
    Norm: I can't, Coach.
    Coach: Gee, I'm sorry Norm.
    Norm: I look at Vera. I just can't.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Newch91 wrote:

Did you see the Wade Boggs episode yet?
    Newch91 wrote:

Did you see the Wade Boggs episode yet?
    Not yet. I got the series set last month. Deleted what I had on the DVR to make room and bought the set. Starting season 6 once the semester ends and will (of course) post updates on here. Looking forward to the Wade Boggs episode.