I don't understand chicks...

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
looks at me at a party a few times, sends me a facebook friend request soon after, initiates one conversation ever after I accept her as a friend, I initiate all the conversations and she then chats for a while and jokes around.

If she isn't initiating conversations should I take it as not interested or is this just girls playing games.

My previous thread got locked, so I am starting this one....
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives...
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives...

:lol:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    THEY ARE ALL CRAZY!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    ask her out. if she says yes, go out, if she says no, delete her as a friend.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    hmm.. sounds shady. If she's one of those with 1,000+ plus friends on fb, I wouldn't think twice about it. btw, I never initiate those chat things on fb with anyone, even if I like them, unless I have something to say, so that may not mean anything.
  • tombakertombaker Posts: 3
    Does anyone?

...psst...they don't get us, either. Take that info and use it to your advantage.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    81 wrote:

basically that. dont waste your time trying to talk to her everyday if she isnt the one starting the convos. It makes you look desperate. Just ask her out and see what she says.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    ^^yes, this. I would definitely stop initiating those convos.
    they key is to send her a penis picture. you have done this right???
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    also mention that thing with the naked seniors was a misunderstanding
  • KatKat Posts: 4,842
    It looks like 81 wants a vacation from the forums.

I'm probably old-fashioned, but maybe she'd like to be pursued? You can't lump all women/girls into the word "chicks." Men are all different from each other too. If you're interested in this person, pursue it (her) for a bit until you find out if you're still interested or if she's still interested or if it's going where you want it to go. It's not easy to find the right person but if you're looking, you may find her. If you're not actively looking, you probably will not although sometimes it comes out of the blue when you don't expect it. :)

Behave 81. Suggesting penis photos is ....bad...
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Kat wrote:

I'm probably old-fashioned, but maybe she'd like to be pursued? You can't lump all women/girls into the word "chicks." Men are all different from each other too. If you're interested in this person, pursue it (her) for a bit until you find out if you're still interested or if she's still interested or if it's going where you want it to go. It's not easy to find the right person but if you're looking, you may find her. If you're not actively looking, you probably will not although sometimes it comes out of the blue when you don't expect it. :)

Especially those comments coming from a baby

:o
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    i blame Ziggy. she's a bad influence.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I never initiate conversations online. Not even with my husband :|
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    81 wrote:
    Exactly.

If she isn't going to date you and she isn't going to initiate communication, what's the point of having her as a facebook buddy?

Shit or get off the can. Many women/people are weird like that.
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    Girls / Guys love to play games at one time or another, sounds like maybe she is, but play along if you're in the mood, if you have better prospects, follow them, facebook should always be a last resort, nothing good ever comes out of the internet.
    Kat wrote:

This is why he needs to ask her out and get to the point. Chasing is fine, but if it comes to a point where she doesn't want to go further, or communicate as friends, then it's stalkerish for her to be adding him on facebook.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    If she isn't going to date you and she isn't going to initiate communication, what's the point of having her as a facebook buddy?

Shit or get off the can. Many women/people are weird like that.

If she isn't initiating conversations should I take it as not interested or is this just girls playing games.
    Geez guys....maybe she just wants to be friends or casual aquaintances...or fwb...or she's just too busy to initiate conversations but is polite enough to make time to reply when you message her....or or or....

Without asking her out, talking with her about it, or giving it enough time to become obvious where she stands, you are making blind judgements...
    Talking to you without initiating it isn't playing games at all...maybe she's just polite...maybe she's a bit shy etc...Also, 'initiate communication, date me, or defriend me', to me, seems a bit overboard...I def don't expect everyone on my fb friend list to initiate conversations with me...actually, that would suck.
    ...I def don't expect everyone on my fb friend list to initiate conversations with me...actually, that would suck.

If someone I don't really know adds me on facebook, and they aren't going to try to know me better, what's the point?

He should keep initiating the conversations, but if it goes nowhere, there's no point in having her as a friend.

I actually do a facebook cleaning quite frequently. I HATE when people you've met once add you and then don't communicate with you. It's stalkerish. I don't expect everyone to send me messages, but we alteast have to have a history together.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    looks at me at a party a few times, sends me a facebook friend request soon after, initiates one conversation ever after I accept her as a friend, I initiate all the conversations and she then chats for a while and jokes around.

My previous thread got locked, so I am starting this one....

I don't do facebook so I don't know about all that but the interaction between men and women hasn't changed all that much.

She was interested ...
    thought you cute and intriguing, wanted to know you better or she would have ignored you.

If she just collects friends :? whats up with that? she probably wouldn't even respond then.

So, if you want to talk to her ... keep talking. Do it without expecting anything in return.
    She might be like me and countless other women, just a bit shy
    If you care she will see that, then begin to trust.

Games in 'come and get me' ...maybe ;) but that can be fun!

Perseverance is the key to courtship and time will tell

You are a really nice man, Best of luck ! :D
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Kat wrote:

poor Kat is still suffering mental trauma from my last facebook messages ;)

I'll go with some of the other posters and suggest you just go for it and ask her out, if she says yes then its all good surely... if she says no... then be mature and pretend it was a dare. ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    hmmm....what's the matter with being friends with someone and hanging out WITHOUT the pressures of 'forcing a potential relationship'?

Ask her to have lunch and a movie, hang out, if you have enough in common, and feel a little compatable chemistry going on, THEN pursue it. (I suggest lunch because lunch is much more relaxed then dinner, and if you have fun at lunch, you can ask her to dinner)

If she turns you down for lunch or whatever, then delete her as a FB friend...but it seems lots of people on FB are 'friend collectors'.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    I'm a chick and I don't understand chicks. ...but if you're interested just ask her out. Then you'll know. Trying to figure out what she is thinking or not thinking isn't worth the headache. Depending on the day or the hour it could be totally different. But if she's interested that won't change and she'll say yes.

and this
    RKCNDY wrote:
    hmmm....what's the matter with being friends with someone and hanging out WITHOUT the pressures of 'forcing a potential relationship'?
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Remember before the internet when men and women had to meet face to face and actually talk to each other?
    My butt itches!
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    DURP wrote:
    Remember before the internet when men and women had to meet face to face and actually talk to each other?

Exactly, I'm old enough to remember dating before everyone had a cell phone, does anyone remember talking to your girl on a phone booth and running out of change but you actually still wanted to talk to her. Technology ruined romance!
    marcos wrote:
    does anyone remember talking to your girl on a phone booth and running out of change

wow....that's old.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    marcos wrote:
    DURP wrote:

Exactly, I'm old enough to remember dating before everyone had a cell phone, does anyone remember talking to your girl on a phone booth and running out of change but you actually still wanted to talk to her. Technology ruined romance!
    I think most people had internet before they had cell phones. ;)

Atleast I did.. Parents got internet in the mid/late 90s. I think I got my first cell phone in '01.
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    81 wrote:
    marcos wrote:
    does anyone remember talking to your girl on a phone booth and running out of change

wow....that's old.

I used a phone card at a phone booth 3 years ago because my cell phone plan had ridiculous long distance charges.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Kat wrote:

You can't lump all penises into the word "bad". A good penis photo could go a long way....if you catch my drift. ;)
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    If your initiating conversations I suggest you stop doing so for a bit. It might be a turn off for her and it might seem like your needy. I can bet my life on it she'll initiate a convo with someone like "hey, what's up haven't heard from you in a few days" and you respond with ohh I've just been busy with work and doing my thing.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?