TSA Pats Down 6 Yr-Old

2»

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,395
    Generally I think the TSA is using a machine gun to kill a cockroach. Other countries have excellent security without assaulting 6-year olds.

I hope nobody thinks they're going to pat down my baby.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    As a mum of a 6 year old girl I would be uncomfortable for anyone to pat her down!! I don't have sound on this computer so don't know what the TSA lady said, but IF she was nice and explained to the little girl what was happening then I have less of a problem with it. It looked like the mum made a bit of a scene which would have freaked her daughter out.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    RKCNDY wrote:
    If anyone can help me number crunch here, lets say terrorists blow up one plane a year.. wouldn't flying still be safer than driving a car?

Is all this crap really worth it???

And why the deal with planes? There's a million other things terrortsists could blow up and kill just as many, if not more people. Why are we only overly protected of planes?? Because of 9/11?

If they start blowing up buses, will we get pat down before every bus trip? You can cram a lot of people on a bus..

Living in fear is what they want. If you feel safer because of all the security, you are already a victim of terrorism.

ummm...it was just in the last year or so, a terrorist rented an SUV, planted a bomb, and left the vehicle in the middle of times square...someone thought it was suspicious so the cops checked it out, because the terrorist was too dumb to hook up the bomb correctly, it never would have went off...and another middle eastern man was caught at the Canadian border with large amounts of explosive making materials and maps of Seattle, Portland and LA in his car in 1999, BEFORE 9/11...google 'terrorist plot' and many news articles will pop up-terrorists are not above planting bombs anywhere.
    I know it's not only airports. My point being.. Do we pat down every car? Scan every car driving into New York City?.. We seem to put a lot of attention on airports. Perhaps overkill.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I know it's not only airports. My point being.. Do we pat down every car? Scan every car driving into New York City?.. We seem to put a lot of attention on airports. Perhaps overkill.

I think searching everybody is a little overkill...BUT I do remember seeing a news piece about airports in the middle east, they restrict so many things, and their security is really tight.

and Tink, yes, the TSA lady did explain everything she was doing before she did it.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,395

And we let lunatics walk around with machine guns.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,598
    RKCNDY wrote:

I think searching everybody is a little overkill...BUT I do remember seeing a news piece about airports in the middle east, they restrict so many things, and their security is really tight.

and Tink, yes, the TSA lady did explain everything she was doing before she did it.

right. searching everyone... :roll: :lol:

the point of random searches itself is meant as a deterrent. sort of like random drug testing in sports. it's drastically cut down the use of steroids in mlb. obviously nothing is 100%. but i'd much prefer this than nothing.
    www.myspace.com
    case.
    in.
    point.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/loc ... 56129.html

Woman Smuggles Drugs With Baby's Diaper: Cops

Authorities say that a Philadelphia woman gave new meaning to the phrase “dirty diapers.”

24-year-old Jennifer Young was arrested for allegedly using a newborn baby’s diaper to smuggle drugs to her boyfriend in jail, according to the Delco Times.

It's unconfirmed whether she is the mother of the baby.

Police say that they received a tip on Young and possible contraband. Prison guards closely watched Young when she visited her boyfriend Randy Sanchez on April 9th.

Police say that Young placed the baby on Sanchez’s lap and that Sanchez was seen pulling something from the baby’s diaper.

When a prison guard approached the couple, police say that Sanchez dropped a rubber glove on the floor that contained five Xanax and four Suboxone pills.

Both Young and Sanchez were then taken into custody.

Police say that Young admitted to smuggling the drugs using the baby and that it was the second time they had done so.

Police also say that Sanchez admitted to asking Young to bring the drugs and that he planned to use the Xanax pills while selling the Suboxone pills.

Police searched Young’s car where they say they found a latex glove with no fingers and prescription bottles with Xanax.

Young appeared for a preliminary arraignment on April 10th and was released on $25,000 unsecured bail.

The Delco Times reports that she failed to appear for her second preliminary hearing on April 14th.

She was held on trial on all charges, including possession with the intent to deliver.

She is scheduled for a formal arraignment on May 12th.

Sanchez is scheduled for an April 27th preliminary hearing in Upper Darby. He’s been confined since an earlier March 14th arrest.

The Delco Times reports that he is charged with multiple counts of access device and conspiracy offenses.
    www.myspace.com
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    I'm with you on this, Jeags...well, with every post you've posted in this thread!

As a Travel Agent, I can't even begin to tell you how many complaints we get about TSA stuff and having to be at the airport so early (as well as baggage fees, etc---like WE make those rules!!). I can tell you that we consistently get shady people attempting to buy fraudulent plane tickets to certain places while using every trick in the book to get us to sell them--those are some of the people who are the reasons why these things happen!!

if randomly patting people down and searching is done properly and explained, and people take 2 seconds to THINK about why it's happening, that extra few seconds in the security line really isn't that big of a deal. there are pretty valid reasons why security is heightened, but the way it's handled could be smoother.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
    I'm with you on this, Jeags...well, with every post you've posted in this thread!

As a Travel Agent, I can't even begin to tell you how many complaints we get about TSA stuff and having to be at the airport so early (as well as baggage fees, etc---like WE make those rules!!). I can tell you that we consistently get shady people attempting to buy fraudulent plane tickets to certain places while using every trick in the book to get us to sell them--those are some of the people who are the reasons why these things happen!!

if randomly patting people down and searching is done properly and explained, and people take 2 seconds to THINK about why it's happening, that extra few seconds in the security line really isn't that big of a deal. there are pretty valid reasons why security is heightened, but the way it's handled could be smoother.

great minds think alike. ;)

big deal. you have to get to the airport a couple hours early and you have to get patted down sort of like you would when you attend an eagles game.

do you work for liberty?
    www.myspace.com
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    Yessir, I'm at Liberty Travel in Reading...and, yes, when you go to concerts, your bag gets searched and you get patted down. i don't see what the big deal is...no biggie!!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    They patted down and fingerprint tested my 10 year old last week... Said it was random... I told them I was going with him... they kept me back 10 feet...nice start to our vacation to :evil: :roll:
    GoiMTvP.gif