Wuuda pay for ur smart phone per month?

2»

Comments

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Up until recently I paid about 75.00 for my iphone 4, with 500mb data plan unlimited call/text to ten numbers and like 1500 text messages i think...

Then i phoned retention and worked out for 49.00 i get 1g data unlimited call to ten numbers plus unlimited text/video/picture messaging.

Then the fucking phone got stolen last week.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I have a Droid with Verizon. I get 18% or so off my phone plan and another 15% of my unlimited data plan because of where I work.
    I pay about $75 or so a month I think...

I also have a Blackberry for work (AT&T) , but the company pays for it. Not sure what that costs 'em.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I have a family plan through Sprint. I have an Epic 4g and my wife has a Blackberry. We have 1500 minutes a month, unlimited text, Internet, and everything data. Free incoming calls from any cell in america and free nights and weekends. We pay $150 a month for all that for 2 phones. Not a bad deal.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I pay 39.99 for my minutes, 29.99 for my unlimited data plan and 5 for my 200 texts (and I always go over, but not enough to bump up to the next text level). I never use anywhere near my talk minutes (I think I talk like 20 minutes a month on it), and I'm grandfathered for an unlimited data plan that they'll have to pry from my cold dead hands. Att and iphone 3gs. I left out the fcc and all those extra charges. The total is about 90
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • KR10KR10 Posts: 17
    Sprint has a plan for $109.99 per month that gives you unlimited voice anytime calling, unlimited messaging services and unlimited data services. They are also running a promotion that ends on Saturday where if you switch to Sprint they will make mail in rebates instant rebates as well as a credit of up to $125.00 (for Smart Phones) if you port your number from your exisitng carrier to Sprint to help offset any early termination fees from your current carrier. PM me if you need any additional information. Good Luck.
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,138
    $118 and some change (after 15% off through a deal from work) for my wife and I. 700 minutes with rollover, 500 text messages, and unlimited data. Our rollover is accruing a lot because we do most of our talking at night, which is free. Don't use all the texts, but use enough to not lower that number. Definitely get my money's worth from the unlimited data though.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    just ran across this today...
    This morning T-Mobile announced a new $79.99 all inclusive plan that covers unlimited calling, texting and data. As data speeds get faster, we've seen some of the wireless carriers attempting to abandon unlimited plans, so this is a good thing, right? There is one big caveat to this new "unlimited" plan, however: consumers exceeding 2GB of data will see their data rates slowed down until their new billing cycle starts. That's where that big asterisk in the headline comes in. According to T-Mobile's internal stats, customers on average only use 1GB of data per month. These stats are factoring in all users, but what about the power users that stream video/audio or download large amounts of files that is easier to do over their HSPA+ network?

It's a good thing that they won't be absurd overage fees, but how slow will speeds get if you exceed 2GB? It's going to have to be trial and error for the time being. It looks like we'll be seeing more of Dan Hesse criticizing these kind of plans for appearing unlimited when in fact they're not. Full press release after the break.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg