Police brutality.. yes? no?

2»

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    happens everywhere. i bet a google search can come up with something similar to the car thing from last year.

you only think it happens more here than elsewhere because you're from here and have an unsual distaste for your fellow philadelphians. :lol:

i should start a thread on all the nonsense that happens elsewhere....

you should start that thread. and we can keep a seperate thread for all of the philly incidents. they would be of similar length.

I love philly but I hate the philly fans
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,598
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    when there are instances every year don't you think that stereotype is justified though?

then every city should have a stereotype. because shit like this happens everywhere, as this thread and what happend in LA the other week prove.

I don't want to get into a gigantic philadelphia fan sterotype debate but my 2 cents are that there are way too many people at phillies and eagles games that are only there to drink and be there for the sake of being there. Yes, every team has fans that drink to much and act like idiots but having been to a lot of stadiums, I feel like Philly just has more than other places and it leads to a lot of problems.

well, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. i disagree though.

and for what it is worth, i can tell you the knicks fans were waaaay worse than any of the sixers fans at the wells fargo center last week. my god those people are horrendously douchebaggy.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    happens everywhere. i bet a google search can come up with something similar to the car thing from last year.

you only think it happens more here than elsewhere because you're from here and have an unsual distaste for your fellow philadelphians. :lol:

you should start that thread. and we can keep a seperate thread for all of the philly incidents. they would be of similar length.

you can't love a city but hate it's people dude. :?
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,731

and for what it is worth, i can tell you the knicks fans were waaaay worse than any of the sixers fans at the wells fargo center last week. my god those people are horrendously douchebaggy.

Fair enough.

Wasn't there and I honestly haven't been to enough Knicks games to be able to judge the fans, been to 2 games over the past few years and had courtside seats so I wouldn't be able to judge anyway.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Fair enough.

Wasn't there and I honestly haven't been to enough Knicks games to be able to judge the fans, been to 2 games over the past few years and had courtside seats so I wouldn't be able to judge anyway.

sweet...i'd love to be courside at msg one of these days.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

didn't say people, I said fans

and to cliffy's point...there are TONS of people at phils games that treat the on field stuff as secondary. I agree with that.

I wonder if drinking does have anything to do with the incidents that happen here. I would love to see alcohol revenue from MLB/NFL stadiums. I bet philly is at the top.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Fair enough.

sweet...i'd love to be courside at msg one of these days.

Yeah, man. It was awesome. One of my really good friends worked at Lehman then Barclays and she gave me her bosses tickets to a couple games. Was sweet.
    I will say one story I love about Philly fans is when they played the yankees memorial day weekend 2009 at Yankee stadium and there were a shit load of Phillies fans there. I am sure there were plenty of fights and all, but the only fight I saw was after the game waiting for the subway and was between 2 phillies fans. Was pretty fucking amusing.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

and to cliffy's point...there are TONS of people at phils games that treat the on field stuff as secondary. I agree with that.

I wonder if drinking does have anything to do with the incidents that happen here. I would love to see alcohol revenue from MLB/NFL stadiums. I bet philly is at the top.

fans aren't people? :? :? :? :?

i would think philly would be towards the top too....right along with a bunch of other cities/stadiums with high attendance figures. :roll: :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I will say one story I love about Philly fans is when they played the yankees memorial day weekend 2009 at Yankee stadium and there were a shit load of Phillies fans there. I am sure there were plenty of fights and all, but the only fight I saw was after the game waiting for the subway and was between 2 phillies fans. Was pretty fucking amusing.

after the pj halloween show/game 3 my car and my friend's girlfriend's car had their sideview mirror's knocked off. pretty sure that was a yankees fan. :roll: and, no, not very amusing.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

after the pj halloween show/game 3 my car and my friend's girlfriend's car had their sideview mirror's knocked off. pretty sure that was a yankees fan. :roll: and, no, not very amusing.

I have read you say that. Sucks. That was shit show down there, I am sure there were lots of unlucky cars, on both sides.
    The Fixer wrote:

i would think philly would be towards the top too....right along with a bunch of other cities/stadiums with high attendance figures. :roll: :lol:

whatever man. I think it's funny that philly people try to play the victim when everyone says anything negative about them. as if everyone in the US is out to get us.

it's kind of funny. a self inflicted inferiority complex
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

whatever man. I think it's funny that philly people try to play the victim when everyone says anything negative about them. as if everyone in the US is out to get us.

it's kind of funny. a self inflicted inferiority complex

inferiority complex against places like cleveland and pittsburgh? huh? :? i don't think that makes any sense.

nobody's playing a victim. there's dopes here just as there are dopes everywhere.
    www.myspace.com
    inferiority complex against places like cleveland and pittsburgh? huh? :? i don't think that makes any sense.

nobody's playing a victim. there's dopes here just as there are dopes everywhere.

every time someone says 'imagine if that happend in philly?', they are playing the victim.

anyway, it's been fun completely derailing this thread. sorry OP
    The Fixer wrote:

every time someone says 'imagine if that happend in philly?', they are playing the victim.

F the OP! :lol: ...only kidding op.

i think that's a poor choice of words. i just like pointing stuff like that out to people...because so many people enjoy making fun of us when shit like that goes down in our fair city.
    www.myspace.com
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    First rule of Police work, don't get filmed.
  • The Fixer wrote:

i think that's a poor choice of words. i just like pointing stuff like that out to people...because so many people enjoy making fun of us when shit like that goes down in our fair city.
    F all of you! :lol: although i don't mind a derailment as long as philly gets bashed ;)

is it wrong of me to fear sitting in the bleachers in philly when the sox come to town? :P
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    The Fixer wrote:

F all of you! :lol: although i don't mind a derailment as long as philly gets bashed ;)

is it wrong of me to fear sitting in the bleachers in philly when the sox come to town? :P

no. it's just wrong to sit in the bleachers. you mean the one's behind ashburn alley?
    www.myspace.com