NHL Playoffs

AW105331AW105331 Posts: 51
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I am so pumped that the Rangers have snuck into the playoffs. Playoff hockey is great and I hate when my team is not in it. Thank you Tampa bay
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lukinismydoglukinismydog Posts: 69
    edited April 2011
    Playoff hockey is the best, enjoy but go lightning! This will be moved off the porch in 3-2-1.....
    Post edited by lukinismydog on
  • PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    Go Blackhawks! Need to step it up.
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • vedder89vedder89 Posts: 177
    go sabres!!! one of the hottest teams going into the playoffs!! watch out!!
    Stab it down, fill the pages, suck my fuckin' life out, man
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    AW105331 wrote:
    I am so pumped that the Rangers have snuck into the playoffs. Playoff hockey is great and I hate when my team is not in it. Thank you Tampa bay

thats what i like to hear... great rangers thread in the aet COME ON BY
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    LET'S GO PENS!!!
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • rattzeyrattzey Posts: 877
    No Flames :cry: So go Bruins, Habs Suck
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • LET'S GO PENS!!!

Should be a good series!
  • OpenOpen Posts: 792
    PJPAT wrote:
    Go Blackhawks! Need to step it up.

Go Stars! I cant believe im forced to cheer for the Red Wings today.... :oops:
  • MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,025
    rattzey wrote:
    No Flames :cry:

+1
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    LET'S GO PENS!!!
    Yes! Too bad Crosby is out for the first round. At least we still have Fleury...
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Lukin19Lukin19 Posts: 508
    Wings all the way !
    or Leafs ? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ! 67! 67! 67! 67! 67 !
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    LET'S GO PENS!!!
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    FLEURY FOR MVP
  • capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    Red Wings!!!!
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • nippleholicnippleholic Posts: 1,084
    LET'S GO PENS!!!

YEAH! Awesome to see some Penguins fans on here!

Pens.jpg
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)
    2024: Vancouver (x2), Portland, Sacramento, Las Vegas (x2), Los Angeles (x2), Dublin, Manchester, London, Berlin (x2), Barcelona (x2)

• Only thing that can rival a PJ show is watching Toronto Maple Leafs playoff hockey. I'm very thankful that I don't need to wait 7+ years to see PJ play!
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    EZ1221C wrote:
    LET'S GO PENS!!!
    Yes! Too bad Crosby is out for the first round. At least we still have Fleury...

You can't spell Crosby without C-R-Y. Guy's overrated anyway, not even the best player on your team. He got injured early in Game 7 when they won the cup, I don't think he so much as got a shot on goal, sat on the bench injured most of the game, and people still give him credit for the win.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    go leafs!! oh wait.... : (
    oh well, at least i'll have the satisfaction of seeing montreal get destroyed by boston. any other leaf fans on the bruins bandwagon? karberle deserves a cup
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    EZ1221C wrote:
    LET'S GO PENS!!!

You can't spell Crosby without C-R-Y. Guy's overrated anyway, not even the best player on your team. He got injured early in Game 7 when they won the cup, I don't think he so much as got a shot on goal, sat on the bench injured most of the game, and people still give him credit for the win.
    EDIT: i'm sorry, the stupidity of your post doesn't even warrant a decent response
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Well, I wasn't trying to be insulting of Pittsburgh or the Penguins, just Crosby. The guy really is overrated. He is a good player, but the NHL has been looking for the next Gretzky forever, and they dumped all their eggs in the Crosby basket, and he is no Gretzky or Lemieux. And I don't pay attention to his numbers because I think they're skewed. I've seen Crosby get credit for assists on multiple occasions in which he was no longer even on the ice. He passed the puck, climbed over the boards to end his shift, the guy he passed it to passes it to another guy who scores, and they give Crosby the second assist while he's sitting on the bench drinking water.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • cindylcindyl Posts: 63
    most wins in the east without their top 2 -who else but the best
  • pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    i'd take ovechkin over crosby any day. I think ovechkin and towes are 2 of the hardest working players in the game to be honest. hopefully we make luongo cry!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I've seen Crosby get credit for assists on multiple occasions in which he was no longer even on the ice. He passed the puck, climbed over the boards to end his shift, the guy he passed it to passes it to another guy who scores, and they give Crosby the second assist while he's sitting on the bench drinking water.

isn't that how the second assist works?

from the NHL rule book
    78.3 Crediting Assists - When a player scores a goal, an “assist” shall be credited to the player or players taking part in the play immediately preceding the goal, but no more than two assists can be given on any goal. Each “assist” shall count one point in the player’s record. Only one point can be credited to any one player on a goal.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    pjfan021 wrote:
    i'd take ovechkin over crosby any day. I think ovechkin and towes are 2 of the hardest working players in the game to be honest. hopefully we make luongo cry!

i would love to see chicago destroy vancouver's dreams of a stanley cup run this year. being from canada, all i ever hear on stupid hockey night in canada is "vancouver will bring the cup back to canada"... please, chicago, destroy the canucks.
    secondly, i find it stupid that my fellow canadians always claim that the cup will be back in canada if a canadian team wins it. the last time i checked the cup is awarded to the team, not the country. if montreal ever wins the cup (i shudder at the thought), do you think those goon fans will say the win was for canada? no, they'll bash every other canadian team for not winning it.
    i get very annoyed at how ignorant my country is when it comes to hockey. the gold medal game at the world juniors in january was the most entertaining thing i've ever watched.

ps
    i'd rather see phoenix win the cup than vancouver or montreal.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjfan021 wrote:

i would love to see chicago destroy vancouver's dreams of a stanley cup run this year. being from canada, all i ever hear on stupid hockey night in canada is "vancouver will bring the cup back to canada"... please, chicago, destroy the canucks.
    secondly, i find it stupid that my fellow canadians always claim that the cup will be back in canada if a canadian team wins it. the last time i checked the cup is awarded to the team, not the country. if montreal ever wins the cup (i shudder at the thought), do you think those goon fans will say the win was for canada? no, they'll bash every other canadian team for not winning it.
    i get very annoyed at how ignorant my country is when it comes to hockey. the gold medal game at the world juniors in january was the most entertaining thing i've ever watched.

ps

This post is so true. I would never root for the pens, rangers, habs, or leafs to win the cup. I will always be rooting against those teams. I don't care what country the cup winner is from.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjfan021 wrote:

ps

This post is so true. I would never root for the pens, rangers, habs, or leafs to win the cup. I will always be rooting against those teams. I don't care what country the cup winner is from.

no surprise i was jumping up and down when kane scored in game 6 :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Well, I wasn't trying to be insulting of Pittsburgh or the Penguins, just Crosby. The guy really is overrated. He is a good player, but the NHL has been looking for the next Gretzky forever, and they dumped all their eggs in the Crosby basket, and he is no Gretzky or Lemieux. And I don't pay attention to his numbers because I think they're skewed. I've seen Crosby get credit for assists on multiple occasions in which he was no longer even on the ice. He passed the puck, climbed over the boards to end his shift, the guy he passed it to passes it to another guy who scores, and they give Crosby the second assist while he's sitting on the bench drinking water.

And who is skewing all his goals? co-rocket richard winner last year, was on pace for 60 this year. He tied ovechkin for goals by the way.
    Just say you hate crosby without making stupid arguments like these. Phantom assists from the bench, c'mon man.
    The Fixer wrote:

as a leafs fan, my ego is still bruised from roenicks ot winner in 2003 lol i'll never forget watching him do that jig after he scored the goal. a lot of great moments from the flyers/leafs series'... except when the leafs lost. i'll never understand how mr. bean was a better goaltender than cujo.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:

as a leafs fan, my ego is still bruised from roenicks ot winner in 2003 lol i'll never forget watching him do that jig after he scored the goal. a lot of great moments from the flyers/leafs series'... except when the leafs lost. i'll never understand how mr. bean was a better goaltender than cujo.

haha. ole unibrow will get you every time

those leafs flyers series were wars. a concussed sami kapanen making it to the bench will always be one of my favorite playoff moments
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    pjfan021 wrote:

ps
    All I ever hear on HNIC is how great Toronto is and something meaningless that Don Cherry is rambling on about (again).
    44 years and they can still go fuck themselves.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

haha. ole unibrow will get you every time

those leafs flyers series were wars. a concussed sami kapanen making it to the bench will always be one of my favorite playoff moments

The JR Goal in OT is an all-time Flyers Moment

:thumbup:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers