Options

Ever feel you listen to PJ too much and abuse listening to other music?

2»

Comments

• Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    smile05 wrote:
    I'm the flipside of this, everything else new is pretty poor

I disagree. Try some Brian Vander Ark music (formerly of the Verve Pipe) or Glen Phillips (front man of Toad the Wet Sprocket). Both have gone solo.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    "listen to PJ too much" <-- anyone mind clarifying what this means?
  • Options
    catwoman wrote:
    Hear hear! Couldn't agree with you more!

I was in Kildare abut 23 years ago. Beautiful country.

Technically, Kildare ain't a country. ;)

Also, were all the Irish people you met sarcastic assholes like myself? :D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    catwomancatwoman Posts: 256
    Technically, Kildare ain't a country. ;)

Also, were all the Irish people you met sarcastic assholes like myself? :D

Hahaha. I meant Ireland was a beautiful country -- was using a type of shorthand.

The Irish were very friendly. We had been in London before heading to Ireland for a week, and the Irish were a lot nicer than the people in London. My husband has been back twice to play golf with his buddies. So unfair.
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    Oh I remember those days so well, being a little kid watching the ed sullivan show, playing Paperback Writer on the record player!

I have the DVD of the Ed Sullivan shows with their appearances. It has the entire show, including the commercials. The show was so geared towards adults at that time. You can see the youth revolution happen between the first appearances and the latter appearances.
  • Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    Like I said, I understand the Beatle' s place in the history of Rock & Roll, I just don't understand the attraction. Especially, the early stuff. They 'invented' 'pop' music IMO, they didn't 'invent' Rock & roll. They pop-ularized that style of music. You also have to admit that they were a product of their time. They came along at a time when the world was changing. They captured the feelings and frustrations of the people perfectly. People could relate to what they were saying and what they were playing. Young people had just started to have a voice, to have a say in what they watched and what they listened to. They all of a sudden had a bit of 'power'. The young people pretty much created the landscape of the world in the 60's.

You live in Jersey? You need to get into NYC one day and catch a Fab Faux show ... greatest Beatles cover band in the world (GOOGLE them ... you'll see some amazing clips on youtube too...), made up of house band members from the Letterman and Conan O'Brien TV shows ... once you see Jimmy Vivino go all Mike McCready on While My Guitar Gently Weeps, or any number of other amazing tunes he absolutely shreds on, you'll get a different perspective on the Beatles music .. it always sounds better done live!!

As for listneing to too much PJ ... I definitely go through such phases ... I have about 4,000 songs on my I-Pod, ranging from Dylan to Coltrane to Miles to Hendrix to Nirvana to Willie Nelson to John Hiatt to the Pretenders to Clapton to Grateful Dead to Neil to the Beatles to the Stones to the Who to Kinks to Petty to Pixies to Soundgarden to Charlie Parker to Santana and dozens more, but often I find myself choosing the setting ALL PEARL JAM ... sometimes just nothing else will satisfy me...
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    spearhead -- I like your taste in music!
  • Options
    CrazeejCrazeej Posts: 8
    Is there such a thing as listening to too much???? LOL Cause I sure hope not!
    Underneath this smile lies everything...All my hopes and anger, pride and shame...
  • Options
    agusjamagusjam Posts: 349
    When I first started listening to PJ music it was the only thing that I wanted to listen to...

Then I found so many other bands that I like...

But I still feel that whenever I listen PJ I enjoy it so much more than any other music and I find my self listening to pearl jam all day long.... but it's not a trouble, i love it

PJ rocks
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    All the time. All other music just seems...well not as interesting.
    "I feel the same way about disco as I do about herpes." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, 1977