MANNY RAMIREZ...THE ULTIMATE FRAUD.

The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,598
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Rays' Manny Ramirez to retire

Tampa Bay Rays slugger Manny Ramirez has notified Major League Baseball that he is retiring after being notified of an issue under MLB's drug policy.

Major League Baseball announced the move in a statement on Friday.

"Major League Baseball recently notified Manny Ramirez of an issue under Major League Baseball's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program," the statement said. "Rather than continue with the process under the Program, Ramirez has informed MLB that he is retiring as an active player. If Ramirez seeks reinstatement in the future, the process under the Drug Program will be completed. MLB will not have any further comment on this matter."

The statement did not say whether Ramirez tested positive for a banned substance. He has previously served a 50-game suspension for violating the drug policy while he was with the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Ramirez was entering his 18th season in the majors. He played with the Cleveland Indians, Boston Red Sox, Dodgers, Chicago White Sox and Rays. He has a .312 career batting average with 1,831 RBIs and 555 homers.
www.myspace.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435
    apparantly cheating and new england go hand in hand: Manny, Jim Calhoun, Bellicheck

nice knowing ya Manny. hell of a hitter but too much juice there boy.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    KCUF HIM
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    WhiteGorillaSmile.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,598
    KCUF HIM

how stupid can you be?

what a dope :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • KravenKraven Posts: 829
    pjhawks wrote:
    apparantly cheating and new england go hand in hand: Manny, Jim Calhoun, Bellicheck

Yeah because A-Rod, Clemens and Pettite weren't all on the juice. :roll:

I am pretty sure UCONN outplayed Butler, Jim Calhoun's got nothing to do with it.

And Bill Belichick won another 2 championships after his alleged cheating, so it certainly wasn't a fluke.
    Tom Brady doesn't throw 50 TDs because his coach is cheating.
    32 shows and counting...
    Kraven wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

Yeah because A-Rod, Clemens and Pettite weren't all on the juice. :roll:

I am pretty sure UCONN outplayed Butler, Jim Calhoun's got nothing to do with it.

And Bill Belichick won another 2 championships after his alleged cheating, so it certainly wasn't a fluke.
    Tom Brady doesn't throw 50 TDs because his coach is cheating.

sooo stupid.

and the phillies "cheated" last year with their bullpen coach stealing signs. :roll: :lol:

manny's a turd though. that we should all be able to agree on.
    www.myspace.com
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    A great hitter. One of the best.
    But unfortunately, a human being that never learned how to behave or demonstrate any class.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,731
    Start off by saying manny is a clown and has clearly been on roofs the whole time. But at this point what the fuck does he have to lose? Make a few million more and take roids or retire with an already tainted name. This doesn't change much asidie from being the first big name to test positive twice
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Still one of the most damn funny things I ever saw on a baseball field ...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/411692/
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14 wrote:
    Still one of the most damn funny things I ever saw on a baseball field ...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/411692/

Love it. Here a video of a "Manny being Manny" top ten. My personal fav is the dive to cut off the Damon throw from about 15 feet away.

http://soxanddawgs.com/redsox/video/man ... op-10.html
    Columbus 6/24/03, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Cleveland 5/20/06, Pittsburgh 6/23/06, Chicago 8/5/07, New York 6/24/08, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, Mansfield 6/30/08, EV D.C. 8/16/08, EV Chicago 8/22/08, EV Baltimore 6/14/09, Chicago 8/23/09, Philadelphia 10/27/09, Philadelphia 10/28/09, Philadelphia 10/30/09, Philadelphia 10/31/09, Columbus 5/6/10, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Cleveland 5/9/10, Buffalo 5/10/10, EV Detroit 6/26/11, Toronto 9/12/11, Hamilton 9/15/11, Pittsburgh 10/11/13, Buffalo 10/12/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, Los Angeles 11/24/13, Cincinnati 10/1/14, Detroit 10/16/14, New York 9/26/15, Greenville 4/16/16, Hampton 4/18/16, Columbia 4/21/16, Philadelphia 4/29/16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/22/16, Denver 9/22/22, Los Angeles 5/21/24
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    As funny as Manny is, he's 20x funnier in Japanese :lol::lol::lol: Well done!

I remember that game where he was rubbing Julian Tavarez' head ... Remy and Orscillo were LOSING IT in the booth, you can kind of here them in the background on this video ... Orscillo howling saying "make it stop!!"
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    jimed14 wrote:

I remember that game where he was rubbing Julian Tavarez' head ... Remy and Orscillo were LOSING IT in the booth, you can kind of here them in the background on this video ... Orscillo howling saying "make it stop!!"

Orsillo is the best part of that clip :lol::lol::lol:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,980
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    jimed14 wrote:

manny being manny is funny in any language...and who knew there is an espn japan! i gotta get out more

as for manny, well at least the dodgers won't be paying for him to play for the rays...we're just paying for his roids :(
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Start off by saying manny is a clown and has clearly been on roofs the whole time. But at this point what the fuck does he have to lose? Make a few million more and take roids or retire with an already tainted name. This doesn't change much asidie from being the first big name to test positive twice

umm... 2 million dollars :?

take roids and get a 100 game suspension without being paid.
    take roids and retire and forfeit most of your 2 million dollar salary.

or don't take roids and be guaranteed 2 million bucks

easy choice. he chose wrong. he's an idiot.
    www.myspace.com
    $2 million to manny is $5 to me. Dude hits a little with the steroids, gets some incentives and gets a couple million more next year, like thome. Mannys body is clearly shot, hes got nothing, even on the juice, his name can't get worse so what the fuck. I hate the dude but if I were him I would be doing the same shit, probably.
    And as I have stated many times, I could give a fuck about steroids. Baseball players have been cheating since the game began.
    edited April 2011
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    $2 million to manny is $5 to me. Dude hits a little with the steroids, gets some incentives and gets a couple million more next year, like thome. Mannys body is clearly shot, hes got nothing, even on the juice, his name can't get worse so what the fuck. I hate the dude but if I were him I would be doing the same shit, probably.

disagree with this on multiple levels.

you have no idea what his financial situation looks like. we all know pro athletes blow their $ left and right. mark brunell of all people just filed for bankruptcy the other day. ai is on the verge of being broke. etc etc etc. new story comes out seemingly every day.

dude got caught just 2 years ago. he knows they're testing and he knows he's already on their radar and facing 100 games. why risk it? plus considering how his last couple years have gone and the fact that he was so ready to retire that quickly tells me he was probably already thinking about this being his last year anyway.

he's a disgrace :lol:

edit--and i'd say his name got a lot worse in the eyes of people who don't gloss over steroids like you do.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,659
    greatest right-handed hitter ever
    made a few mistakes
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    ed243421 wrote:
    made a few mistakes

willie mays and frank robinson disagree

Who knows how many times he got busted for juice. I still think george mitchell covered up red sox related shit since he was working for the team at the time he was conducting his investigation. MLB really fucked that up.
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,659
    The Fixer wrote:
    ed243421 wrote:
    made a few mistakes

Who knows how many times he got busted for juice. I still think george mitchell covered up red sox related shit since he was working for the team at the time he was conducting his investigation. MLB really fucked that up.

they didnt face the pitching he did
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

How does his name get worse? He was the biggest name to ever get caught in the act of taking steroids.

Dude clearly stinks and is washed up, steroids or not. He doesn't give a fuck so why not give it a shot. I just don't see what there is to lose.

I find this all incredibly amusing, especially in light of the mitchell report. Dude is a clown but i get why he did it.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    ed243421 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    ed243421 wrote:
    made a few mistakes

they also played in bigger parks and didn't use steroids. not to mention the tighter wound balls.

most of the stats from the 90s/00s are inflated

I'm admittedly biased. I hate manny
    ed243421 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    ed243421 wrote:
    made a few mistakes

you think pitching is better now than back in the day? :o

blasphemy. mlb, and every pro league, needs to contract. so incredibly diluted.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    How does his name get worse? He was the biggest name to ever get caught in the act of taking steroids.

Dude clearly stinks and is washed up, steroids or not. He doesn't give a fuck so why not give it a shot. I just don't see what there is to lose.

I find this all incredibly amusing, especially in light of the mitchell report. Dude is a clown but i get why he did it.

i believe i've already answered your questions cliff. :lol:

agree to disagree i guess.
    www.myspace.com
    Every era had their issues. No black players, gambling, greenies, coke, steroids, just to mention a few.
    I guess you did, I just don't see how $2 million to manny, who has made hundreds of millions is that big of an incentive not to cheat.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Every era had their issues. No black players, gambling, greenies, coke, steroids, just to mention a few.

correct.

and every era had a generation of fans angry at said issues.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I guess you did, I just don't see how $2 million to manny, who has made hundreds of millions is that big of an incentive not to cheat.

i hear you. i'm just saying, after seeing so many other pro athletes bottom out and blow all their cash, it would not shock me to hear someone as idiotic as this guy is broke in 10 years.
    www.myspace.com
    Agree on both points, i wouldnt be surprised to see him broke but that seems to happen less with baseball.

I guess my point is, someone like arod has much more interest in staying clean than manny. Dude is making a lot more money, in the middle of a contract, and if he stays clean the rest of his career and puts up huge numbers can somewhat clear his name. If this happened to him I would be saying the same thing as you.