Rental Property

2»

Comments

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I rented my house for a year, on a lease...so one couple the whole time....they were great tenants...and it was still a lot of work as far as dealing with all the little issues that come up. If your tenants aren't willing to chip in for minor maintenance, or deal with neighbours etc without involving you, it becomes very time consuming....I can't imagine what it would be like dealin with different people every week. I guess once you had things running smoothly it wouldn't be so bad....

That's part of my concern as well

My In-Laws have a house in the Poconos in Pa that they have rented out occasionally in the winter months..they have had some good tenants no real issues. Of course the renter has to have a security deposit, that helps

These units are brand new so hopefully maintenance would be at a minimum in the beginning..unless someone punches a hole in the wall :?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,598
    I rented my house for a year, on a lease...so one couple the whole time....they were great tenants...and it was still a lot of work as far as dealing with all the little issues that come up. If your tenants aren't willing to chip in for minor maintenance, or deal with neighbours etc without involving you, it becomes very time consuming....I can't imagine what it would be like dealin with different people every week. I guess once you had things running smoothly it wouldn't be so bad....

My In-Laws have a house in the Poconos in Pa that they have rented out occasionally in the winter months..they have had some good tenants no real issues. Of course the renter has to have a security deposit, that helps

These units are brand new so hopefully maintenance would be at a minimum in the beginning..unless someone punches a hole in the wall :?

would you clean it yourself between renters each week or have a management company or something? maid service?
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

would you clean it yourself between renters each week or have a management company or something? maid service?

I would definitely price out a company to clean

The In-Laws house they are friendly with a family up there they pay them to clean and watch out for their house
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    If it's a vacation rental it would be worth it to turn over to a management company. My inlaws have a condo in Gulf shores AL and it's managed. All you do is pay the mortgage and get paid.

But my original statement about LLC is very important. If something happens and they want to sue you all they can get is whatever the property is worth (insurance will also help you). They can't come after your personal money/property.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056

I would definitely price out a company to clean

The In-Laws house they are friendly with a family up there they pay them to clean and watch out for their house
    This is for sure the way to go...even if you feel able to handle it yourself, you'll want to be sure the option is there financially if you are finding it to be too much work. If that happened, you could end up in trouble with your next renter, or worse; regret the whole thing and want to sell....