Options

FAN CLUB TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR EDDIE VEDDER SEATTLE SOLO

124»

Comments

• Options
    NitroNitro Posts: 264
    From the ten club:

There was an error message in the first few minutes of the sale, however everyone trying to buy tickets was in the same boat. Once the error message was fixed, the tickets became available and sold out right away. Unfortunately due to the small size of these venues the supply could never meet the demand.

Best regards,
    10c

I think this note makes sense from the 10club. I got a restricted notice too...I did not get any previous tickets- so I was eligible. There was an error for the first few minutes- and when it got fixed- I did not get tickets because it sold out quickly. I don't see where I have a complaint. I'll buy tickets- just guess I'll pay more.
    I also got shut out of the shows I was looking for: got none through 10club- seattle 1, santa barbara, san diego, seattle 2, hartford...it is what it is. It is hard for me to feel bad for people that got previous shows and got shut out of this one...just saying.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I don't think any explanation is going to please. Wish it would. Wish people would let things go. This place has become an awful place to visit and be a part of. Hard to find positivity when it's littered with so much negativity. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Where did it say that? Didn't say anything about not being eligible in the email that went out. My friend got no tickets to either show. So why was that?
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    wow ..what a ticket mess for vedder...

see what happens when you do solo stuff ed

pearl jam please....
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    This has seriously been the worst ticket buying experience ever. Restricted??? Then out of stock. 14 minutes later it tells me again Error and I've exceeded the limit. Guess I just got screwed this time around. Between this sale and ticketmonster, it's making me want to say "f^&k it".
    Only screwed in the sense that you didn't read the rules of the sale.
    You purchased tickets for the 7/15/11 EV Seattle show. You were not eligible for this ticket sale.

I'm confused. I sent an email to 10C tickets before the sale and specifically asked if we were eligible for today's sale if we had been fortunate enough to have gotten tix for one of the other shows.

The reply I got was "Yes, you are." :?

And before you say that I hadn't purchased tix to another show already, my other half had and he tried again today. No luck for either of us today, sadly, but what can ya do?
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    you are misreading the announcement.
    "any remaining tickets will be opened up for purchase regardless of whether or not you have tickets to another show." that means leftover tickets from Day 1. This was a new ticket sale and the sku was restricted like the other skus.
    That's pretty shady, man. I read it the same way she did. Day one, everyone could only buy one pair to one show. After that day, all remaining tickets were available to everyone regardless if you had already bought tickets to another show. If this was a new deal, the rules should have been spelled out again. This wasn't day one anymore and were clearly after day one. If this was a new day one, that should have been told to us. This was a mistake on the Ten Club's part. And, an apology would probably go a long ways.
  • Options
    slingsling Posts: 169
    I didn't get my 10C decoder ring either... :)
  • Options
    Where did it say that? Didn't say anything about not being eligible in the email that went out. My friend got no tickets to either show. So why was that?
    No, it didn't. In no way, shape, or form did the 10C ever even kind of indicate that these extra tickets were being treated as though we were back on day one of the 10C presale. I am 100% in agreement with you on this subject. While I didn't try for tickets today, I was 100% sure that if i wanted to, I was eligible for these tickets, even though I did get Seattle night 1 tickets through the 10C.

Santos, with all due respect, you and/or the Ten Club owe an explanation/apology about this. I am going to go ahead and say that I have taken in all the known information, and you are wrong. These tickets should have been available to be purchased by any current 10C member, regardless if they had previous shows on this tour through the 10C.

You telling people that, "you didn't read the rules of the sale," and "you were NOT eligible for tickets because you already purchased a pair for a different show," and "you are misreading the announcement" are all uncalled for. If ANYTHING, you personally owe an apology to the people of this thread just for being so pompous in your replies when the club was clearly at fault.
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    aNiMaL wrote:
    No, it didn't. In no way, shape, or form did the 10C ever even kind of indicate that these extra tickets were being treated as though we were back on day one of the 10C presale. I am 100% in agreement with you on this subject. While I didn't try for tickets today, I was 100% sure that if i wanted to, I was eligible for these tickets, even though I did get Seattle night 1 tickets through the 10C.

Santos, with all due respect, you and/or the Ten Club owe an explanation/apology about this. I am going to go ahead and say that I have taken in all the known information, and you are wrong. These tickets should have been available to be purchased by any current 10C member, regardless if they had previous shows on this tour through the 10C.

You telling people that, "you didn't read the rules of the sale," and "you were NOT eligible for tickets because you already purchased a pair for a different show," and "you are misreading the announcement" are all uncalled for. If ANYTHING, you personally owe an apology to the people of this thread just for being so pompous in your replies when the club was clearly at fault.
    Okay the post didn't specify ALL the details i.e. New sale/old conditions.
    Think though about the people that have missed out on ANY tickets though? You obviously had tickets to a show already, by the tenclub allowing you to get tickets... Fairness needs to rule supreme with the much stated 200,000 people trying to get 200 tickets scenario...

Here's an idea... Pearl Jam are growing old in the tooth.. i Mean 20 years old come on!... Let's cut off new memberships and make it one out one in... :lol::lol:
  • Options
    truanttruant Posts: 34
    I got a pair. I was shut out over and over again and i finally got in. big thanks ten club!
    ** Seattle II 11/06/00 ** Key Arena 12/08/02 ** Key Arena 12/09/02 ** Vancouver 05/30/03 ** Benaroya 10/22/03 ** Santa Barbara 10/28/03 ** NW School 03/18/05 ** Gorge 09/01/05 ** Gorge I 07/22/06 ** Gorge II 07/23/06 ** Hawaii 12/02/06 ** Vancouver EV 04/02/08 ** DC 06/22/08 **
  • Options
    RO80694RO80694 Posts: 1
    I see so much frustration here, I feel like I should say...

Thanks 10club. I was able to get tickets for my wife and I. We live in New Mexico and will be flying up to see this. I tried repeatedly to get tickets to several other shows in different cities and all I had was TicketMaster frustration. I got the same restricted message as everyone else, but after endless tries was able to finally checkout. And when I did, I was flat out shaking I was so excited.

This is the only show I could get tickets to (Grats to those of you that get to see several!), but I could not imagine a better one for us to see. My wife is from Washington and I've always wanted to see anything in Benaroya Hall.

Thank you again.
  • Options
    vital5 wrote:
    Okay the post didn't specify ALL the details i.e. New sale/old conditions.
    Think though about the people that have missed out on ANY tickets though? You obviously had tickets to a show already, by the tenclub allowing you to get tickets... Fairness needs to rule supreme with the much stated 200,000 people trying to get 200 tickets scenario...

Here's an idea... Pearl Jam are growing old in the tooth.. i Mean 20 years old come on!... Let's cut off new memberships and make it one out one in... :lol::lol:
    Yeah, I don't disagree with the rule at all. I agree, with so many people trying for so few tickets, it only makes sense. But, it wasn't implied for this at all, and for a representative of the fan club to insist as though it was, and everyone else read it wrong, was just flat out wrong.
  • Options
    What a shame that people can't see how lucky they are. all they think is what they DONT have, and legalism about who said what, and what meant what. Well you know, the minute I started reading this debate I realised that the rules implied a difference for this new sale. So what if 10C forgot to SPECIFY exactly that. We're all adults, (are we?) we know what's what and that things don't always go the way we want. Think yourself lucky. I would die to see PJ or Eddie live in Seattle of all places, but I live on another continent far far away. If you're crying cause you missed out altogether due to website glitches, then I feel sorry for ya. All these other greedy moaners are an embarrassment to the message of love. Just get over yourselves why don't ya.
    the very welcome storm
  • Options
    What a shame that people can't see how lucky they are. all they think is what they DONT have, and legalism about who said what, and what meant what. Well you know, the minute I started reading this debate I realised that the rules implied a difference for this new sale. So what if 10C forgot to SPECIFY exactly that. We're all adults, (are we?) we know what's what and that things don't always go the way we want. Think yourself lucky. I would die to see PJ or Eddie live in Seattle of all places, but I live on another continent far far away. If you're crying cause you missed out altogether due to website glitches, then I feel sorry for ya. All these other greedy moaners are an embarrassment to the message of love. Just get over yourselves why don't ya.
    Not sure who or what you are talking about. But, when someone asks the Ten Club a question and they answer it one way, then another representative of the club comes on here spouting something opposite, and belittling the members in the process, that is uncalled for. No one is talking legalisms. I personally am very grateful for everything the Ten Club has every done for me, and it has been a lot. I was very fortunate to get Seattle night 1 tickets. None of that has anything to do with this though. Sometimes, even in the happiest of families, there can be differences. This is one of those times. I am not calling for a mass exodus and saying "damn the ten club." Not by any stretch. Just calling this specific situation as I see it. Most times I think the Ten Club doesn't deserve the backlash they receive (we are a very fickle, hard to please bunch as a whole). This time I feel a little differently. But, besides maybe having Santos explain (without blaming the members here) where the miscommunication happened with the rules of this late in the game presale, the whole thing is moot as the tickets are all sold.
  • Options
    TUTMAN08TUTMAN08 Posts: 82
    Like many folks, I was shut out of the sale - got the restricted message. Kept trying but then got to Sold Out. Certainly bummed but have "bitten the bullet" and bought 2 on StubHub. I understand people's frustration but side with the posts that say we should be grateful for what the club offers us.

Like folks have said, it is a small venue and there is no way everyone is going to get exactly what they want. But I do not think complaining is the answer. Ten Club takes good care of it's members and I am thankful for all they do. Last EV solo tour I had second row center seats for Atlanta - that will carry me for a looong time.

Life is short folks - be happy.
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 611
    Yes I'll second that and we were front row in Vancouver Sept. 2009 (Pearl Jam) with 10c tickets, the only time I've ever been that close to the stage.
  • Options
    10 Club people must be sitting there shaking their heads. Nothing is ever good enough. I got shut out of the 10C tickets, but fortunately landed tickets through Ticketmaster the next day. When I got shut out through this site... my first reaction wasn't, "Well screw those bastards." My reaction was, "Holy shit. Man, if I can get tickets tomorrow... I'd be a lucky guy!" And I'm lucky. If I never got tickets... I'd buy them wherever i could.

Seattle isn't in my backyard. I have to travel 7 hours by car to get there. Hotel. Meals. Blah Blah Blah. Oh well. My reaction to the tour announcement wasn't, "WTF. How come not really close to me?" It was, "I'm prepared to travel to see these guys!"

If it is super important to you, go buy a ticket off whatever resale site you might. If you don't have enough cash or your principles prevent you from doing so... oh well. At least there's food in your tummy. Trust me when I say there are people much worse off that worry about much more paramount items than 'getting shut out from the initial ticket sales to their favourite artist and now have to buy off of StubHub'. A little perspective please. Sheesh.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    coastercoaster Posts: 24
    DJ253147 wrote:
    Yes I'll second that and we were front row in Vancouver Sept. 2009 (Pearl Jam) with 10c tickets, the only time I've ever been that close to the stage.
    And what a great show to be front row!
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Not sure who or what you are talking about. But, when someone asks the Ten Club a question and they answer it one way, then another representative of the club comes on here spouting something opposite, and belittling the members in the process, that is uncalled for. No one is talking legalisms. I personally am very grateful for everything the Ten Club has every done for me, and it has been a lot. I was very fortunate to get Seattle night 1 tickets. None of that has anything to do with this though. Sometimes, even in the happiest of families, there can be differences. This is one of those times. I am not calling for a mass exodus and saying "damn the ten club." Not by any stretch. Just calling this specific situation as I see it. Most times I think the Ten Club doesn't deserve the backlash they receive (we are a very fickle, hard to please bunch as a whole). This time I feel a little differently. But, besides maybe having Santos explain (without blaming the members here) where the miscommunication happened with the rules of this late in the game presale, the whole thing is moot as the tickets are all sold.

Yup. You get it. Thanks Animal. A little sorry from the Ten Club for the miscommunication would be nice. I understand not getting tickets bc it was high demand, no problem. But telling me I wasn't eligible or read the site wrong, is just plain rude and wrong. Yea I'm fortunate to get to go, I get that, but it doesn't mean the Ten Club can't make a mistake too. Personally I'm not going to go drop two and three times the bill on scalpers just to go to the second night. I think there is a huge problem with the ticket system and the only people it's hurting are the fans.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Tim's announcement should have included the restriction language. Tim that will teach you not to cut and paste so carelessly! But I am not surprised that the rule was in place for this sale. That would have been my intuition. And I am not surprised that the 10c is silent. That happens all to often. Santos should have kept his mouth shut on this one, because the original tour announcement can be interpreted two ways and should have accounted for future sales.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    Tim's announcement should have included the restriction language. Tim that will teach you not to cut and paste so carelessly! But I am not surprised that the rule was in place for this sale. That would have been my intuition. And I am not surprised that the 10c is silent. That happens all to often. Santos should have kept his mouth shut on this one, because the original tour announcement can be interpreted two ways and should have accounted for future sales.

BUT ...
    Wish I Was wrote:
    This has seriously been the worst ticket buying experience ever. Restricted??? Then out of stock. 14 minutes later it tells me again Error and I've exceeded the limit. Guess I just got screwed this time around. Between this sale and ticketmonster, it's making me want to say "f^&k it".
    Only screwed in the sense that you didn't read the rules of the sale.
    You purchased tickets for the 7/15/11 EV Seattle show. You were not eligible for this ticket sale.

I'm confused. I sent an email to 10C tickets before the sale and specifically asked if we were eligible for today's sale if we had been fortunate enough to have gotten tix for one of the other shows.

And before you say that I hadn't purchased tix to another show already, my other half had and he tried again today. No luck for either of us today, sadly, but what can ya do?
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Wish I Was wrote:
    BUT ...
    I hear you. They did a poor job communicating the restriction policy. They probably just checked membership status instead of carefully reading your email. I have low expectations when it comes to 10C customer service.
  • Options
    Hey all,
    I got shut out on both shows in Seattle. I am looking for one ticket for myself. Anyone have an extra. Obviously, I will pay face and willing to throw in a few pre-show beers. :)

PM me.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    EV tour soon I hope!
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,304
    CJMST3K said:

EV tour soon I hope!

hey your back great job on the bumping of old threads .....lol lol :)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722

CJMST3K said:

EV tour soon I hope!

I've gotta earn my keep! :)
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    CJMST3K said:

CJMST3K said:

EV tour soon I hope!

I've gotta earn my keep! :)
    Hoff!- You still doing framing?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
This discussion has been closed.