Options

Chris Cornell 2011 Songbook Tour Setlist Thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    going to the show on sun is there an opening band and also about how long are the shows. Thanks seeing if it will be better to drive or take the ferry.

William Elliot Whitmore - 30 min
    break - 30 mins
    Cornell - 2 hours - 2:15
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    going to the show on sun is there an opening band and also about how long are the shows. Thanks seeing if it will be better to drive or take the ferry.

break - 30 mins
    Be careful with this! Whitmore was denied at the border so he's not opening the Canadian shows....
    They moved the show time up in Edmonton....doors were scheduled for 7:30....last minute, it was announced on the radio that doors were at 6:30, CC was onstage by 7:45....two hour set.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957

break - 30 mins
    Be careful with this! Whitmore was denied at the border so he's not opening the Canadian shows....
    They moved the show time up in Edmonton....doors were scheduled for 7:30....last minute, it was announced on the radio that doors were at 6:30, CC was onstage by 7:45....two hour set.

That sucks because W.E. Whitmore is fantastic.
  • Options
    Im so exited I'm seeing Chris next week 3rd row! :)

From what I have heard every show he has done on this tour has been gold
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 824

break - 30 mins

Yes: CAREFUL WITH THIS IF YOU'RE ATTENDING A CANADIAN SHOW. I got to Medicine Hat last night just in time for the 8pm start, but my girlfriend insisted on grabbing a bite before we went to the venue; I happened to check my Twitter feed and happened to discover Chris was coming on promptly at 8pm, so I ditched her at Dairy Queen (/she told me to ditch her there) and ran to the venue, and by the time I got there he was already on stage. I don't know what I missed; I know I missed at least most of one song, and maybe more besides. So yeah...careful. Get there early.

And be prepared to be astonioshed. Don't look at old setlists.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    OH WOW! Just got back from SF watching Cornell at the PACKED Fillmore. Tough door search, taking cameras and stuff. We had a great meal at SPQR so missed Whitmore, caught his last song, dang (but the pasta was worth it). Cornell came on at about 9:15 ... AND DID NOT STOP FOR OVER TWO HOURS! I think he cut out about 11:30, they brought the house lights up before his encore, but then turned 'em back off for his three song encore.

Marley, Lennon, Bruce, Beatles, Floyd, Zep plus 3 songs from TOTD and 2-3 from Audioslave. Suicide, Black Days, Black Hole Sun of course.... The song with "temple of the dog" in it, man of golden words? He talked a bit about that... His voice, his control of the voice, just dead f'n on.

A guitar virtuoso he is not, (but then, I had just seen Leo Kottke a few weeks ago, don't even try!) but doesn't crack up like Eddie does at this mistakes, just powers through. Actually a pretty freakin lame "solo" playing over a loop at one point ... not a lot of crowd interaction. But he simply wasn't taking breaks, no time for banter, just bam bam bam, song after song after song.

AND OH MAN THAT MAN CAN WAIL! Was really moved by a few songs, Can't Change Me - Day In the Life, I thought he'd stop during the bridge but nope, "Woke up, fell out of bed, dragged a comb across my head...."

Amazing show, really fun, tons of music, bit of mellow vibe, ::sniff sniff: "mmm, I'm definitely not in Canada any more.... Smells like Marin if memory serves!" (Funny thing is, not nearly as hazy as two weeks ago watching Robert Plant/Band of Joy at the Greek Theater -- was like everyone's parent's from Chris's show turned out for Plant and showed 'em how it's done!)

Can't figure it out, gotta be the market/fanbase, but Eddie sells out these 2000-3000 seat theaters, can't imagine how insane it'd be to see him in a 1,200 person STANDING ROOM ONLY venue! But of course, I'm holding out for PJ to play the Fillmore for like 20-30 days!!!

And of course, sukas! IT'S THE FILLMORE -- WE GOT POSTERS!!!
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    It was indeed a great show last night. 26-song set (plus the brief Comfortably Numb cover). For me, the highlights were When I'm Down, Say Hello 2 Heaven, Like Suicide, and Billie Jean. I thought he absolutely killed those vocally. The breakdown was 4 Soundgarden Songs, 4 Audioslave Songs, 4 Temple of the Dog songs, 7 from his solo work, and 8 covers. I was right up front all night. The show exceeded my every expectation.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • Options
    ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    acutejam wrote:
    OH WOW!

do you have any pictures??? TY!
  • Options
    Bushleaguer28Bushleaguer28 Posts: 776
    Cornell sounded amazing last night at the Ford in Los Angeles. 11 oclock curfew for the venue kinda sucked but he played for 2 hours so no complaints. It was fantastic
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    surferzsurferz Posts: 54
    Yeah, I was there - Great Show! Great place to see a show something like ~1200 person cap.
    Here's some of the setlist that I can remember (not complete/not in order):

Bob Marley -Redemption song (opener)
    Can't change Me
    Two Drink Minimum
    All Night Thing
    Getaway Car
    Call Me A Dog
    I Am The Highway
    Wide Awake
    Beatles - A day in the life
    Seasons
    Like Suicide
    Doesn't Remind Me
    Led Zeppelin - Thank You
    Like A Stone
    Say Hello To Heaven
    When I'm Down
    Sunshower
    Scream
    Be Yourself
    Black Hole Sun
    John Lennon - Imagine (Closer)
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Elzar wrote:
    acutejam wrote:
    OH WOW!

do you have any pictures??? TY!

Of the poster? It's up on ebay, very "fillmore" classic with a wolf in front of a chewed up guitar (actually thinking of toss'n my extra into the Seattle 10C Raffle prior to EV -- a cornell poster at a 10C pre-party? think that'd fly?) Just a poster print, not seriograph or silk screen art print.

or pictures overall? cause no, they confiscated cameras at the door, big ol' barrel of items checked in.

Man that was a good show, still bouncing around in my head. Good setlist surferz!!! -- fergot Springsteen's Statetrooper.
    [sic] happens