The Killing

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,491
    Jennytree wrote:
    I've been watching the original Danish version (with subtitles) and it's pretty good. I wanted to watch the original before seeing the distorted american version :lol:

i heard the danish version took 2 seasons to reveal the killer. is that right?
    www.myspace.com
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    OK...I just watched the finale so now I can finally read this thread. Here's my theory...Gwen killed her out of jealousy, and it's her father in the car with Holder. How Holder is connected to those two, I don't know, but that is my theory for season 2. Whether or not they can sustain another 13 episodes out of that and the "did Balko kill the congressman" storylines? I have my doubts, but I thought it was an excellent 1st season albeit with a less than satisfying end. Now fire up Breaking Bad damnit!
  • Release MeRelease Me Posts: 337
    Sports Guy take on the finale:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/668 ... rst-degree

he doesn't seem to like the show as much as some of us. I think it was a lot better show than he gives credit to. does bring up a good point that they only renewed it for a second season a couple weeks ago. i would think they had two endings, one to wrap it up if they didn't get renewed, and one to drag it into a second season if they did. whatever, I like the show, it kept me interested.
    Release Me wrote:

he doesn't seem to like the show as much as some of us. I think it was a lot better show than he gives credit to. does bring up a good point that they only renewed it for a second season a couple weeks ago. i would think they had two endings, one to wrap it up if they didn't get renewed, and one to drag it into a second season if they did. whatever, I like the show, it kept me interested.

I love Simmons but he sucks when it comes to his reviews of movies and television and you are right, they had to have 2 endings in the can.
  • Release MeRelease Me Posts: 337
    Jennytree wrote:
    I've been watching the original Danish version (with subtitles) and it's pretty good. I wanted to watch the original before seeing the distorted american version :lol:

my understanding is that the Danish version was 20 episodes aired over one season.
  • HoltzmnHoltzmn Posts: 87
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I love Simmons but he sucks when it comes to his reviews of movies and television and you are right, they had to have 2 endings in the can.

Nope, the show runner claims other wise.
    http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan- ... son-finale

I don't get the love for this show, its ok but very frustrating. I think people could of watched the first two episodes and then the last two and not missed anything. I'm not in the I'll never watch again camp, I'll give next season a couple of episodes but if it continues on like most of this season did I'll stop.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,491
    Release Me wrote:

simmons makes some good points and that review was hillarious. i still really enjoyed the show though.
    www.myspace.com
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Jennytree wrote:

Nope, it was only one season of 20 episodes. Would highly recommend it! The subtitles make you pay attention more. Towards the end I did get a little angsty because I wanted to find out just who the feck did it :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Season 3 begins this Sunday
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.

I hope its better than the god awful season 2. Such a disappointment after season 1 was so good.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    I thought the show had been cancelled. This is good news, indeed.
    ELITIST FUK
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Heisenberg wrote:

I hope its better than the god awful season 2. Such a disappointment after season 1 was so good.
    I didn't think season two was that bad. I didn't care for the ending of it though. Looking forward to tonight's episode.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    This season looks like it's going to be awesome. Just watched the trailer/preview & can't wait for the 2 hour premiere tonight!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The show was cancelled. Then they decided to bring it back thankfully. Season 2 wasn't close to as good as season 1 imo. Really hoping this season will be good and i'm ready for tonight.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Great start to the 3rd season...should be interesting to see it unfold
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Great start to the 3rd season...should be interesting to see it unfold
    Yes! I'm already guessing it is the pastor. I know I'll be wrong, but half the fun is guessing who did it.
    ELITIST FUK
    Awesome start. I'm gonna guess we haven't seen the killer yet.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Just finished the two premiere. Great show. I was a little confused at the end though.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    LukinFan wrote:
    Just finished the two premiere. Great show. I was a little confused at the end though.
    Hmm, lots to soak in on this new season?

Are there really two killers, or is Seward(in jail) really innocent, and the same killer is still loose after all these years?
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    didn't follow the first season
    caught up during a marathon and love it love it love it
    yeah this season is going to rock
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
    My guess is that the asshole prison guard is the killer. I think this season is off to an excellent start.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • It's a slow moving show, but the writing is very good. It takes a lot of twists and turns which is nice for a change, it's not very cookie cutter. I do wish they would pretty up the female detective a little more , her oversized sweaters, pulled back hair and no makeup need to go.
  • Jennytree wrote:
    I really like the original danish version, maybe even better that the US remake.
    Season is starting to get good now.
    What the hell was up with that season ending episode????

I guess there will be another season.

Holy crap!

That's it?
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 wrote:

Holy crap!

That's it?
    Pretty reminiscent of the ending of Seven.

And he didnt even remember killing the main girl(Kallie), yet gave his daughter her ring???

Very weird ending.
    SD48277 wrote:

Holy crap!

That's it?
    Pretty reminiscent of the ending of Seven.

And he didnt even remember killing the main girl(Kallie), yet gave his daughter her ring???

Very weird ending.
    On the one hand, satisfying--she killed him. On the other hand, unsatisfying--she killed him, roll credits.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Awesome show, shitty decision.
    Go Birds!!!!