The Killing

SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
edited November 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
another masterpiece on AMC...Wow
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Just watched it on dvr. Reminds of twin peaks a bit, though not quirky.

Very good. Really liked it.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    i'll watch just as soon as i'm caught up on weeds... i've watched 4 seasons in 3 days :oops:

haven't heard anything about this til now... i like mad men and the zombie one though
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Seriously,

Madmen
    Walking dead
    The killing

I'm trying to cut back on the # of tv shows that are "must watches" for me. Damn you AMC!!!!!!!!
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Finally had a chance to watch this last night and all I can say is, Wow! Amazing. Reminds me a lot of Rubicon - interesting, smart characters; atmospheric and moody cinematography and score. I'm really impressed by the actors too. Especially in the scene where the dad shows up at the car, his wife is on the other end of the phone and the boys standing alone in the living-room. The isolation and impotence that each of them felt was palpable and deeply moving.

I think AMC is becoming my new favourite channel.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Seriously,

Madmen
    Walking dead
    The killing

I'm trying to cut back on the # of tv shows that are "must watches" for me. Damn you AMC!!!!!!!!

Didn't they do breaking bad as well?? Fucking love that show. And walking dead.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
    Seriously,

Madmen
    Walking dead
    The killing

Didn't they do breaking bad as well?? Fucking love that show. And walking dead.

Yes they do.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,491
    watched the first two episodes this weekend....fucking brilliant thus far.
    www.myspace.com
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    I remember reading about it in the paper, but I never watched it. Is it honestly that good?
    I remember reading about it in the paper, but I never watched it. Is it honestly that good?

i would say so. i'm only 2 episodes deep but there's a lot of depth to the characters. the story is great. and there's many different directions they can go at this point. give it a go.
    www.myspace.com
  • Release MeRelease Me Posts: 337
    I'm digging this thread up because I watched the forst 3 episodes this weekend on demand and am officially hooked on this. I think I am now 2 behind since last night was new. Well worth a try for anyone looking for a new series to get into.
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Release Me wrote:
    I'm digging this thread up because I watched the forst 3 episodes this weekend on demand and am officially hooked on this. I think I am now 2 behind since last night was new. Well worth a try for anyone looking for a new series to get into.

I just watched the 1st five minutes of the 1st Ep today, then got side tracked and haven't got round to watching the rest, but it seemed alright.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    Have been watching it...find it really good!! Anything is better than all that reality bullshit!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I just started watching this through On Demand last week after reading that AMC had a new show. I've only seen the first 2 hours but I'm really liking it so far. It's really great television. I have to admit, my eyes got watery at the end of the first hour. Even though I knew that scene was coming from an article I had read, the acting was just so good!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    this show is phenomenal.

i finally caught up with all the on demand episodes. but they only go to the 8th episode. apparently they are on the 11th show right now?

killing me to be a few shows behind with no way of catching up :x
    www.myspace.com
  • MoonTurtleMoonTurtle Posts: 752
    watching now -- pilot

totally creepy
    :think:
    MoonTurtle wrote:
    watching now -- pilot

totally creepy
    :think:

its like twin peaks meets mystic river
    www.myspace.com
  • Everyone ready for the season finale this Sunday?! Just watched last week's tonight.

F'ing great show
    Everyone ready for the season finale this Sunday?! Just watched last week's tonight.

F'ing great show

it's really good.

do you think the councilman did it?
    www.myspace.com
  • Everyone ready for the season finale this Sunday?! Just watched last week's tonight.

F'ing great show

it's really good.

I have a hard time believing that theyd give it away in the episode before the finale, but who knows. The last couple of minutes of the last ep was awesome!!!! I love Holder now. Earlier in the season he kind of annoyed me. ahhhhhhh, character development.
    Everyone ready for the season finale this Sunday?! Just watched last week's tonight.

F'ing great show

it's really good.

I have a hard time believing that theyd give it away in the episode before the finale, but who knows. The last couple of minutes of the last ep was awesome!!!! I love Holder now. Earlier in the season he kind of annoyed me. ahhhhhhh, character development.

the 10th episode was really brilliant. they finally let us know who these two people are. i didn't care for holder much before that episode. but i like the dude now. it kind of reminded me of one of those sopranos episodes that most people didnt like except me...the kind of episode that drifted away from the main story line's to really delve into a couple of the characters. the acting in that episode was just phenomenal.

yeah i doubt they would give it away too. i don't really know what to think at this point. :lol: doesn't seem like they're gonna be able to tie up all the loose ends with one more episode though.
    www.myspace.com
  • Maybe the killing of Rosie story arc is more than one season. That would suck.
  • All I have to say about the last couple of minutes is......whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttt!?

Great first season and ended with a great, painful cliff hanger.... :evil: 8-)
    All I have to say about the last couple of minutes is......whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttt!?

I echo your sentiment 100 000 000 percent!!!! :shock: :o :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
    All I have to say about the last couple of minutes is......whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttt!?

so why did holder doctor up that photo? just because he's a shady cop? :? and wouldn't the police dept double check it before they arrested a guy about to become mayor for murder?

also i thought it was weird that the teacher's wife had no idea who rosie's dad was. doesn't she watch the news? you'd think she would know who's been accused of nearly murdering her husband...
    www.myspace.com
  • All I have to say about the last couple of minutes is......whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttt!?

so why did holder doctor up that photo? just because he's a shady cop? :? and wouldn't the police dept double check it before they arrested a guy about to become mayor for murder?

also i thought it was weird that the teacher's wife had no idea who rosie's dad was. doesn't she watch the news? you'd think she would know who's been accused of nearly murdering her husband...
    My question is who was in the car that Holder got into? They made it a point not to show the driver......

You're right about the teachers wife, i kind of thought the same thing.

But theres still so much evidence pointing to the congressman having done it. His girlfriend said that he was gone the night Rosie was killed and he came home wet.......

I just dont know how theyll stretch another season out of it
  • Release MeRelease Me Posts: 337
    love the last minute twist. I was waiting for something because I had read somewhere that there would be a season 2, so I guess that explains it. my guesses for the other guy in the car would be either the current mayor or that shady guy Holder has been seen with (his sponsor was it?). Not sure who else it would be at this point. Always thought Holder was shady from the beginning, but the scene with the judge dispelled that for me since he obviously had some high up credibility. oh well. here's to hoping the new season comes up quickly!
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    I am glad they ended it the way they did. I read online that people were upset that there wasn't closure, but this show would have a tough time surviving if each year they just investigated another murder with new characters.

As for who was in the car??? My guess is that it was the billionaire playboy. He clearly has had ulterior motives the whole show.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • jervin007 wrote:
    I am glad they ended it the way they did. I read online that people were upset that there wasn't closure, but this show would have a tough time surviving if each year they just investigated another murder with new characters.

As for who was in the car??? My guess is that it was the billionaire playboy. He clearly has had ulterior motives the whole show.
    Those were my 2 initial thoughts. The billionare and the current mayor.

Theres something wierd going on with the billionaire.

I'm just worried of what will become of the show. Can they really go another 12-13 episodes without revealing the killer? I do agree that a new case every year would get stale.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I've been watching the original Danish version (with subtitles) and it's pretty good. I wanted to watch the original before seeing the distorted american version :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    I love this show!!!

I avoided this thread until I watched the finale.

It's fascinating to see a murder investigation shown in such exhaustive detail (contrary to the sum-it-all-up-and-tie-it-with-a-bow style of "Law & Order," "CSI," etc).

Great characters, too.