Anyone ever been mugged or robbed?

2»

Comments

• EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    my old boss said, can you blame them

:lol: this is funny...sounds like something my dad would say.
  • Back in '99 I was in a home invasion robbery. Two guys w/ guns approached me on my patio and made me go inside. They woke my roommate up by smashing him in the face with one of the guns. The ransacked our house and when they didn't find anything of value they made us lay prone position on the floor. They then began to beat me to take out their anger. They then started smashing bottles and the glass coffee table over my head. They left once the say my head split open. It took 10 staples and 18 stitches to make the awesome scar I now have. I also had 4 broken ribs which really sucked because I went to Woodstock '99 3 weeks later and it sucks moshing w/ broken ribs.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Back in '99 I was in a home invasion robbery. Two guys w/ guns approached me on my patio and made me go inside. They woke my roommate up by smashing him in the face with one of the guns. The ransacked our house and when they didn't find anything of value they made us lay prone position on the floor. They then began to beat me to take out their anger. They then started smashing bottles and the glass coffee table over my head. They left once the say my head split open. It took 10 staples and 18 stitches to make the awesome scar I now have. I also had 4 broken ribs which really sucked because I went to Woodstock '99 3 weeks later and it sucks moshing w/ broken ribs.

Damn, that's some scary shit!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,799
    I was held up at gunpoint back in high school-worked at a gas station/convenience store after school.
    I was with my mom when her purse was snatched-easy target-uppity white folk from the burbs and driving a brand new fancy car should not head to the hood for fried chicken and ribs-that is what we were doing.
    Our house was burglarized while we were away. The cops caught the person-It was a mother and her two young children. She went to jail. We got most of our stuff back. But get this, 4 years later we were having a garage sale and the woman shows up with her kids. Gee those candlesticks look familiar? My mom called the cops and they arrested her and took them away.
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    Back in '99 I was in a home invasion robbery. Two guys w/ guns approached me on my patio and made me go inside. They woke my roommate up by smashing him in the face with one of the guns. The ransacked our house and when they didn't find anything of value they made us lay prone position on the floor. They then began to beat me to take out their anger. They then started smashing bottles and the glass coffee table over my head. They left once the say my head split open. It took 10 staples and 18 stitches to make the awesome scar I now have. I also had 4 broken ribs which really sucked because I went to Woodstock '99 3 weeks later and it sucks moshing w/ broken ribs.

Whoa! This is like my worst nightmare. :shock: I'm so glad you're okay. What the fuck is wrong with people??? :twisted: Even if they're going to rob you, is all that violence necessary?!

____

This thread reminded me of another story: The cameraman's bag was stolen from the reception of my sister's wedding. It had his fancy camera, the cash he had been paid for the job, and the film of all the pictures that had been taken. We knew & trusted everyone at the reception, and the dumb-ass cameraman had left his bag near the door to the hotel kitchen, so we figure it was probably one of the staff. We searched high & low, in the room, in the kitchen, in the surrounding dumpsters, but never found anything. We hoped the thief had just taken the cash & the camera & dumped the film. My sister & her husband are radio DJ's, so they even went on air for weeks asking the thief to just drop off the film anonymously at the station, but no luck. So the only pictures they have from their wedding are the ones taken by the guests. Thankfully my aunt had stood next to the photographer during the formal pictures, taking her own pictures - so we have some of those, but just not well-posed and with everyone looking to the right of the camera.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    When I was in college I got jumped by 4 black guys while i was walking from a parking garage to my dorm room. Most angry and scared I have ever been. I would love to find out who those fuckers were so I could track them down one at a time.

Hate to admit it but I have anger issues towards certain demographics because of this

while i feel sad you had to go through that, the covert racism in your statements is kind of stunning. not one person in this thread has mentioned the race of their attackers. had these attackers been white, you most likely wouldnt have even mentioned their race.

the funny thing is, or sad thing, is that you are just as likely to be attacked by a group of 4 white men or 4 men of any race really. the key thing here is not race, but gender, as in male.

Your attackers being black has little to do with the issue. in fact it may work to your disadvantage. while you cower and cross the street to avoid that group of black men coming toward you, and move toward a group of white men, you may be running into the arms of the devil....\

sad people view this in terms of race.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

while i feel sad you had to go through that, the covert racism in your statements is kind of stunning. not one person in this thread has mentioned the race of their attackers. had these attackers been white, you most likely wouldnt have even mentioned their race.

the funny thing is, or sad thing, is that you are just as likely to be attacked by a group of 4 white men or 4 men of any race really. the key thing here is not race, but gender, as in male.

Your attackers being black has little to do with the issue. in fact it may work to your disadvantage. while you cower and cross the street to avoid that group of black men coming toward you, and move toward a group of white men, you may be running into the arms of the devil....\

sad people view this in terms of race.

have you ever spent any pronlonged amount of time (lived) in a major US city?

I'm guessing that's an emphatic 'no'
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Damn man, sorry to hear that. You're traveling too, arent you? fuck. I hope they catch them.

Yeah, I'm doing o.k though, thanks to my Mum who lent me some cash to cover my loss. I'm off to Helsinki tomorrow, followed by a three day piss up in Berlin, and then a few days mooching about in Paris.

Me and two of my friends were robbed in Gaineville FL by three guys with one gun, no shots fired thankfully (1996). They took about 25 dollars combined from the three of us, plus our 12 pack of beer! fuckers. But within minutes there were cops everywhere and a helicopter. They caught all three assholes and they all served a few years in jail.

Good stuff. These scumbags deserve all they get.
    nuffingman wrote:
    Sorry about all your losses. It's never happened to me but a friend was robbed twice in 2 days in Barcelona. Forget the pretty pics that place is a hell hole.

Damn. I loved Barcelona. I suppose it just comes down to being in the wrong place at the wrong time - like, if I'd entered the train through a different door then this wouldn't have happened. I just know now that if I'm ever carrying anything valuable on the subway to make sure I keep my eye on it when that train pulls in.
    Sorry, man :(
    fuckers. Hope you get it back, or at least get a few minutes in a dark alley with them.

I was looking for them yesterday, and again today. Believe me, I'd love to meet them again.
    polaris_x wrote:
    anyhoo - if you are traveling for long periods of time ... it's really hard to stay vigilante especially if you come from a relatively safe place ...

True. And I like to enjoy myself when I'm travelling...maybe I'm just a bit too loose. I'm not the type to wear a money belt and look over my shoulder 24/7. But the bottom line is that there's always gonna be some scumbag out there wanting to steal your shit, so you have to try and be alert to it.
    haffajappa wrote:
    i had made a thread about it.
    you defended the thieves, btw.

Me?

Are you sure?
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Yeah, I'm doing o.k though, thanks to my Mum who lent me some cash to cover my loss. I'm off to Helsinki tomorrow, followed by a three day piss up in Berlin, and then a few days mooching about in Paris.

[Good stuff. These scumbags deserve all they get.

wow!! I hope they catch the guys...and enjoy your next week-sounds fabulous. :!:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,714
    Me and a couple buddies got robbed at gun point (2 people, one with a gun) one of my first weeks in college. Long story short, I was absolutely trashed and thought it would be a good idea to punch him, he got the worst of it by far, but got away, without the gun, which wasn't loaded as I figured in my druken state. He sure as hell wasn't expecting that. Lucky it turned out the way it did but probably not the best decision I have ever made.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Been robbed a few times...at age 9, some thugs took my watch, and 13 cents from my friend. When I was 13, three thugs knocked me off my Swank Diamond Back bmx bike.

With the advent of modern technology, I was robbed of $12,000 from my bank account, but within a few days, B of A reimbursed me. .
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Byrnzie wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    i had made a thread about it.
    you defended the thieves, btw.

Me?

Are you sure?
    Yeah
    I think you took offense to me calling them scabby druggies!

Its okay though.

I really DO feel bad for you...
    From one nikon d90 owner another!
    Like I said, its hard to explain until its happened to you, the feelings that you feel... At least with me, I felt a weird sense of violation :?
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    got held up at gunpoint about 10 years ago working 3rd shift at a gas station. I was usually studying, it was in Farmington, CT pretty upscale town....SO many things passed through my head... I went back to work 2 nights later and just kept the door locked.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Byrnzie wrote:
    nuffingman wrote:
    Sorry about all your losses. It's never happened to me but a friend was robbed twice in 2 days in Barcelona. Forget the pretty pics that place is a hell hole.

Damn. I loved Barcelona. I suppose it just comes down to being in the wrong place at the wrong time - like, if I'd entered the train through a different door then this wouldn't have happened. I just know now that if I'm ever carrying anything valuable on the subway to make sure I keep my eye on it when that train pulls in.
    Yeh it's weird as a lot of people love the place. It's my least favorite of the many European cities I've visited. There seemed to be beggars everywhere, we couldn't even sit outside a cafe without being approached. The city is beautiful but i spent so much time on guard it spoilt it.

There was a TV prog about holiday cons and Barcelona was used for one example. 2 unsuspecting tourists were used. When they got out of their cab a guy in a suit with a clipboard asked their names and said he was checking off the guests and would handle their baggage. All smiles they disappeared in the hotel and realised the cases with all their stuff had been stolen as nobody at reception knew who this guy was. The TV people then turned up quickly with the cases and said that's how easy it could be to be ripped off.
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    Two thieves working together stole my camera yesterday as I was getting on the metro in St. petersburg. One blocked my way and the other took my Nikon D90 from my camera bag whilst I was trying to muscle past the scumbag in front of me.
    The one who took my camera ran off the train, but his friend stayed on the train, so I ended up fighting with him and taking him down. Anyway, the police took fucking ages - 20 minutes to arrive - and in the meantime one of his friends arrived and in the confusion - by then there were a few people involved - they managed to get away.

Saw them - and me - on the cctv last night at the cop shop though, so I hope they get nabbed.

I'm so angry today.

Anyone else ever experienced this kind of thing?

I was mugged and beaten up in chicago last yr....don't really wanna get into it but it was bad. Never take cabs home by yourself, guy or girl, when youre in a city you're not familiar with - that's the moral of my story.
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Last Tuesday the Little Caesars I manage got robbed. It was about 4 o'clock and I had walked to a neighboring store on break. When I got back 10 minutes later the shift leader tells me he's been robbed and the police were on the way. The guy handed over a note saying he had a gun and to hand over the money. He got away. Then Friday another local Little Caesars got robbed and another one on Monday.

I was disappointed that I wasn't there to assess the situation. Not that I'm going to get shot for my bosses money but I might have called his bluff, being as no weapon was displayed in any case(the robber also hit a couple of other places during the week).

Well the asshole came back last night about an hour after I had gone home. Here's what happened....
    http://www.kval.com/news/local/Police-c ... map=%5B%5D
    #FHP
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Horos wrote:
    Last Tuesday the Little Caesars I manage got robbed. It was about 4 o'clock and I had walked to a neighboring store on break. When I got back 10 minutes later the shift leader tells me he's been robbed and the police were on the way. The guy handed over a note saying he had a gun and to hand over the money. He got away. Then Friday another local Little Caesars got robbed and another one on Monday.

I was disappointed that I wasn't there to assess the situation. Not that I'm going to get shot for my bosses money but I might have called his bluff, being as no weapon was displayed in any case(the robber also hit a couple of other places during the week).

Well the asshole came back last night about an hour after I had gone home. Here's what happened....
    Here's the local papers take....

EUGENE

Man arrested after string of robberies

The latest in a string of robberies at Little Caesars Pizza shops in Eugene-Springfield in the past two weeks led to an arrest Friday night, Eugene police said.

Cameron Lars Mikkelsen, 23, was arrested shortly after the 7:40 p.m. robbery at 800 Seneca Road, police said. A 911 call from an employee of the store, which was also robbed on March 12, led to immediate police response. Upon arriving, police were given a description from an employee who chased the robber. The suspect was seen boarding an LTD bus. Officers converged on the bus and arrested Mikkelsen.

Although police say Mikkelsen presented a demand note and said he had a weapon during the robbery, no weapon was found, police said. He was beind held on second-degree robbery charges.
    #FHP
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    Horos wrote:
    Horos wrote:

Here's the local papers take....

EUGENE

Man arrested after string of robberies

The latest in a string of robberies at Little Caesars Pizza shops in Eugene-Springfield in the past two weeks led to an arrest Friday night, Eugene police said.

Cameron Lars Mikkelsen, 23, was arrested shortly after the 7:40 p.m. robbery at 800 Seneca Road, police said. A 911 call from an employee of the store, which was also robbed on March 12, led to immediate police response. Upon arriving, police were given a description from an employee who chased the robber. The suspect was seen boarding an LTD bus. Officers converged on the bus and arrested Mikkelsen.

Although police say Mikkelsen presented a demand note and said he had a weapon during the robbery, no weapon was found, police said. He was beind held on second-degree robbery charges.

Great that he got caught !

I have never been robbed, it would really piss me of if it happened..
  • I was assaulted on the walk home. over 100K in bills and broken bones and facial fractures. i write about it and show pictures on http://ayrwaves.wordpress.com
    -All that's sacred comes from youth.
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    I was assaulted on the walk home. over 100K in bills and broken bones and facial fractures. i write about it and show pictures on http://ayrwaves.wordpress.com

I'm sorry for you, hope you will recover completely.
  • Some guy in Joplin Mo tried to "hold up" my brother,
    Sisters d our friend with a bale fork!! You know, the little
    Forks you use to throw small bales of hay or straw!
    Anyhow, we laughed so hard, the guy was totally confounded.
    He kept saying damn it man, this is a hold up.. Finally we just
    Told him straight up... Dude we're all from California... We're
    Used to guns, knives, brass knuckles.. This is a first!
    Then he stomped his foot screamed for like two minutes and we
    Started to walk away.. He then the yells. Well you're in Mo now!!
    My sister turns around and yells back.. You've made that completely
    Obvious, thank you! I still have the shot glass I stole from the bar we'd
    been walking home from. I engraved the words I.E. Pitchfork 98'
    On it!! I laugh Everytime I see it!!
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    Some guy in Joplin Mo tried to "hold up" my brother,
    Hilarious! :lol::lol::lol:
  • donnaruhl wrote:
    Some guy in Joplin Mo tried to "hold up" my brother,
    Hilarious! :lol::lol::lol:
    Yeah I think that guy was a tweaker!!
  • Years ago we were robbed while we slept. Two guys came to my door early in the day asking directions. One stayed at the door and the other walked away, towards the side of the house then came back. They must have been checking to see if there was any way to get in. Unfortunately the house had those old jealousy windows that one glass payne never stays closed on. I never felt safe in that house again. We moved about 3 months later.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    it was a fight like you cant imagine:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... 5248.story
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    davidtrios wrote:
    it was a fight like you cant imagine:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... 5248.story

Some people are just not cut out for a life of crime :shock: