Options

Rock Band 2 tracklist leaked

not4u10not4u10 Posts: 238
edited July 2008 in The Porch
http://www.kbsradio.ca/news/music/87/753007

Never played the game, but everybody tells me it is awesome.

Pearl Jam's Black will be on it.
08/28/98-09/01/00-12/08/02-12/09/02-04/28/03-05/03/03-07/05/03-07/06/03-07/08/03-07/09/03-07/12/03-10/01/04-10/03/05-05/13/06-05/27/06-05/28/06-06/01/06-06/03/06-06/19/08-06/25/08-10/28/09-10/31/09-05/17/10-10/19/13-10/21/13-10/27/13-4/28/16
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    simkin7074simkin7074 Posts: 249
    There's a different link from that site that says Alive will be in it instead...I'd be down with either...or both!
  • Options
    TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    We have it, it is awesome!

Not sure if I would have picked Black though. RVM would have been a better choice, IMO.

But they've got some pretty good bands on there. My son will be psyched :)
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black Black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    not4u10 wrote:
    http://www.kbsradio.ca/news/music/87/753007

Never played the game, but everybody tells me it is awesome.

To this, I say, FUCK YEAH!!!!!!

Yes, I am a Rock Band addict.

Thanks for making my day. :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    I'm psyched about Nirvana's "Drain You" being there!

Although, part of me is still pissed off about one of the rumors surrounding "Rock Band" that the entire "Nevermind" album would be available as downloadable content. :(
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I'm psyched about Nirvana's "Drain You" being there!

Although, part of me is still pissed off about one of the rumors surrounding "Rock Band" that the entire "Nevermind" album would be available as downloadable content. :(

You know, that's the one thing I've been wondering if/why the 10C hasn't done yet.

From my take, PJ mgmt. has been working hard toward making old fans aware that the band is still going strong and reconverting them back into current fans, as well as attempting to bring in newer, younger fans via relationships with Verizon, playing festivals, etc. For all the awesome things they've been doing to get the band out there to the masses and back into pop culture, this would be the perfect vehicle to do so.

Because of Rock Band, songs/bands that haven't been popular since their chart-lives have had a resurgence of air-play on radio stations and downloads on iTunes, etc. I had run across some statistics that supported this statement but unfortunately couldn't find them right now.

Personally, I'm now interested in quite a few bands that I never chose to be exposed to before because of Rock Band.

So 10C.. if you're not already in the works w/them.. please get an album on Rock Band!! :)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    jimc3jimc3 Posts: 230
    not4u10 wrote:

that would shock me if that were to be true

they wouldn't release it as a single because it was so special, but now it's OK to part of a fake music game?
  • Options
    not4u10not4u10 Posts: 238
    jimc3 wrote:

they wouldn't release it as a single because it was so special, but now it's OK to part of a fake music game?

It isn't 1992 anymore. I think they've changed in terms of keeping certain songs as low key as possible. I did think it was a strange choice, though, but in terms of choosing more of a rockin' type song like Evenflow, Alive, Animal, or Go.
    08/28/98-09/01/00-12/08/02-12/09/02-04/28/03-05/03/03-07/05/03-07/06/03-07/08/03-07/09/03-07/12/03-10/01/04-10/03/05-05/13/06-05/27/06-05/28/06-06/01/06-06/03/06-06/19/08-06/25/08-10/28/09-10/31/09-05/17/10-10/19/13-10/21/13-10/27/13-4/28/16
  • Options
    not to burst anyone's bubble but there have been like 10 leaked set lists so fat and they are all very different. So I would say don't believe anything till the offfical track list is released.
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I hope PJ never does what Aerosmith did. It's cheesy and just not what I wanna see this band do.

Couple songs are ok but please no more then a couple.
  • Options
    not4u10 wrote:
    It isn't 1992 anymore. I think they've changed in terms of keeping certain songs as low key as possible.

it isn't 1992 anymore, but how many times have I heard that it was SO awful that the Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again" was used in a car commercial...and now the original gem they vowed to never let get tarnished is going to be part of a video game?

it would just really, really surprise me.

then again, I never thought they'd sign on to a label that specializes in American Idol alums, so...
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    We LOVE Rock Band here. My boys now go around the house singing songs they would have never known before.
    I have posted this picture before but here are my boys and one of my girls,that is Kenny in blue he is on bass. Max is in grey, he is playing guitar. Kate our singer is a bit lazy, that is her sitting down.
    Kenny LOVES Rush and they were doing Tom Sawyer so that is why he has the intense look on his face :D
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/mindid/DCP11754.jpg
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    Hello, I was just wondering what Rock Band is? I know it is a computer game about being in a band but, how does it work? This is not a flippant question it is just that I have no understanding of how it works and would rather an answer from here than from google. Thanks.
    Phoney Beatle mania has bitten the dust...
  • Options
    It's actually a game system game. We have it for the X Box 360 but it is also out for the Wii now, not sure about the PS systems.
    You get a set of drums, a guitar that can be used either for bass or as guitar and you get a microphone. We use our Guitar Hero guitar for the guitar and the one we got with RB for the bass.
    We play it as a family since 4 can play at a time. You can also play by yourself on any of the instruments.

Other than that info, I am clueless! My kids set it up for me. Luckily my oldest daughter, she's 20 now, works at a game store so she knows all about this stuff!
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    mindi wrote:
    It's actually a game system game. We have it for the X Box 360 but it is also out for the Wii now, not sure about the PS systems.
    You get a set of drums, a guitar that can be used either for bass or as guitar and you get a microphone. We use our Guitar Hero guitar for the guitar and the one we got with RB for the bass.
    We play it as a family since 4 can play at a time. You can also play by yourself on any of the instruments.

Other than that info, I am clueless! My kids set it up for me. Luckily my oldest daughter, she's 20 now, works at a game store so she knows all about this stuff!

Thank you. Sounds like fun. Must be a good thing for people who cannot play a real instrument. I must buy it! Thanks. Sounds like a good way of bringing a family together. Sure beats SIMON...
    Phoney Beatle mania has bitten the dust...
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    we need Rock Band - Pearl Jam
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    jimc3 wrote:

I think Ed got over his break up from 20 years ago.. he has family and kids now. Those romances and what Black was originally written for have probably lost meaning to him by now.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I wanna get Rock Band pretty bad, mainly because they are making a stage and lighting kit for it that comes with a fog machine.... LOL... oh man.
  • Options
    I wanna get Rock Band pretty bad, mainly because they are making a stage and lighting kit for it that comes with a fog machine.... LOL... oh man.
    I saw that at GameStop a few days ago. That is sooo neat! I know my kids would want it soooo bad, so I haven't told them about it yet. Might just buy it and surprise them with it.
    Seems a bit weird to me, I mean we just have the game set up in the living room, but I know my kids would think it was so neat.
  • Options
    zeroenvyzeroenvy Posts: 40
    I love this game... One thing that is great.. Whatever song it is.. It could lead to MORE downloadable PJ songs for rockband.
    6/27/08!
  • Options
    mindi wrote:
    I saw that at GameStop a few days ago. That is sooo neat! I know my kids would want it soooo bad, so I haven't told them about it yet. Might just buy it and surprise them with it.
    Seems a bit weird to me, I mean we just have the game set up in the living room, but I know my kids would think it was so neat.

We are SOOO getting that too!

And for all the haters.. whatev.

Rock Band & Guitar Hero has helped my daughter to learn about rhythm, beats, notes, manual dexterity and more. She has wide and varied musical taste because of the set lists on these games instead of being brainwashed by Hanna Montana & the Jonas Brothers. She is practicing on this right now...

It's hella fun for grown ups to play like me and great to have fun w/family and friends.

"Sell out"? Get over it already. Pearl Jam is a business and it would make GREAT business sense to get on the Rock Band phenom. Get over yourselves and have some fun rockin out in all your silliness to a damn fun game :)

Going to play on xBox tonight... Foxy Mop x is my usertag if anyone wants to jam! :D
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Laura next time I play I will see if you are on! My husband just got some new Civilization game so I won't get X Box time any time soon. :(

We also have Karaoke Revolution and my Clara was just standing by me singing We're Not Gonna Take It! It was so funny because she is only 2, well she will be 3 next week. I told her I liked her song.

My kids walk around singing stuff like Gimme Shelter and songs they would have never heard if not for RB and Guitar Hero.
  • Options
    there's gay
    then there's guitar hero gay
    and then there's rock band gay

at least when your rock band gay you have three other people to be gay with.

if you are gonna waste your time learning to master a fake instrument rather than a real one. you should be playing rock band.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    mindi wrote:
    Laura next time I play I will see if you are on! My husband just got some new Civilization game so I won't get X Box time any time soon. :(

We also have Karaoke Revolution and my Clara was just standing by me singing We're Not Gonna Take It! It was so funny because she is only 2, well she will be 3 next week. I told her I liked her song.

My kids walk around singing stuff like Gimme Shelter and songs they would have never heard if not for RB and Guitar Hero.

Hehe I know the feeling! We've also done the Sing Star thing too if you have a PSP2 or the like. Definitely send me a friend request :)
    there's gay

if you are gonna waste your time learning to master a fake instrument rather than a real one. you should be playing rock band.

...and then there's hater gay, where you waste your time hating other people for having fun :):D:)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    I think Ed got over his break up from 20 years ago.. he has family and kids now. Those romances and what Black was originally written for have probably lost meaning to him by now.

mmmm...that's not really the angle I was thinking.

I was more thinking from a "non-sell-out" perspective.

regardless of the lyrical content of the song, I just always thought of Black as where they took their stand. they wouldn't release it as a single, despite the enormous pressure to do so. they didn't make a video for it. it was where they started to pull back - the next set of songs was the Vs songs and they didn't do anything to hype them either. the point is - they protected it like it was their baby. no matter how much time has passed, to me, Black is representative of why PJ has so much respect - ANY other rock band in history would have eeked every last cent out of that thing if it was theirs.

and now, it is for sale? as part of a FAKE music video game?

just my take.
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    anyone have tips for Guitar Hero 3? I'm starting to play on hard now, but using my "pinky" seems to be a pain. do you guys and girls shift your whole hand down to reach the last button or do you spread out your fingers to get there?
    i like sound...
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    there's gay

I can't wait to hang out with you in Brewtown and at the show. :D

Blame it on the jager tonight but your cracking me up.
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Hehe I know the feeling! We've also done the Sing Star thing too if you have a PSP2 or the like. Definitely send me a friend request :)
    We have two Sing Star games, Amped and Pop or 80s not sure which. We bought Sing Star because when we play RB everyone wanted to sing.
    I can not sing some of the songs! Some I am awesome on! :D