***The Official 2011 Seattle Mariners Thread***

SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Posts: 3,370
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Come on guys! Lets at least not have a COMPLETE embarrassment of a season this year. DO IT FOR DAVE!

aNimal usually starts the mariners thread...hope you didn't jump ship :?
"Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
-my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Good luck even giving away tickets to the M's.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Good luck even giving away tickets to the M's.

HEY! I bought a pair of tickets....ok, they were to Mike's game...but they were in section 112!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    jimed14 wrote:
    4 words ...

GOOD
    milton_bradley_4.jpg

LUCK
    040929_milton_bradley_hmed.hmedium.jpg

WITH
    milton-bradley.jpg

THAT
    Cubs-Milton-Bradley-Risk-1.jpg

:mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • gyi0064467888_extra_large.jpg

...anyone wanna come out of hiding yet?
    1/2 game behind the pirates.....yup, seattle sucks this year
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    81 wrote:
    1/2 game behind the pirates.....yup, seattle sucks this year
    I suppose that's their charm :lol:
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • :lol: I feel like the lone ranger out here
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    :lol: I feel like the lone ranger out here

When do you think you guys will be competing? You think Felix will be apart of that? I obviously don't see much Mariners baseball being on the east coast, but I hear things are pretty grim right now.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

When do you think you guys will be competing? You think Felix will be apart of that? I obviously don't see much Mariners baseball being on the east coast, but I hear things are pretty grim right now.

Yeah, grim is a pretty good word for it. But there are still some things definitely worth watching this year. Felix and Ichiro (going for the 200 hit season record this year)...but most interesting for me is Michael Pineda and Justin Smoak...and who knows when they'll call Ackley up. We also have a 3rd baseman name Liddi in AAA right now who I think will be up soon, maybe next year.

The Dustin and Justin show is coming 2013...and yes, Felix will be a part of it. :D
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, grim is a pretty good word for it. But there are still some things definitely worth watching this year. Felix and Ichiro (going for the 200 hit season record this year)...but most interesting for me is Michael Pineda and Justin Smoak...and who knows when they'll call Ackley up. We also have a 3rd baseman name Liddi in AAA right now who I think will be up soon, maybe next year.

The Dustin and Justin show is coming 2013...and yes, Felix will be a part of it. :D

haha, well good luck. I always like the Mariners more than any of the other AL West teams (except when Ichiro hit that bomb off Mo, and '95) and there is always something worth watching for in Baseball. I could watch Legion games and be happy. You guys definitely have a bunch of kids with some serious potential. Smoak is off to a great start this year, right?

If you guys want a few more young pieces, I hear the Yankees have a great catching prospect and a few top pitching prospects they may be willing to part with, haha. Never gonna happen but just saying.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

haha, well good luck. I always like the Mariners more than any of the other AL West teams (except when Ichiro hit that bomb off Mo, and '95) and there is always something worth watching for in Baseball. I could watch Legion games and be happy. You guys definitely have a bunch of kids with some serious potential. Smoak is off to a great start this year, right?

If you guys want a few more young pieces, I hear the Yankees have a great catching prospect and a few top pitching prospects they may be willing to part with, haha. Never gonna happen but just saying.

haha oh yes, I'm aware...but unfortunately the only thing you want from us is Felix :?
  • btw I was there when Ichiro hit that homer of Mo...best game I've been to :mrgreen:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

haha oh yes, I'm aware...but unfortunately the only thing you want from us is Felix :?

This is true, I think the Yankees would only include Montero and Banuelos in a trade for Felix or Josh Johnson at this point.
    btw I was there when Ichiro hit that homer of Mo...best game I've been to :mrgreen:

I am sure, it was a great win for you guys. I can't be too mad either, that season turned out alright for the Yanks.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    You guys definitely have a bunch of kids with some serious potential.
    That's the problem I have with the Mariners right now. It seems like we're the farm team for the rest of the MLB. We get some really good prospects, but trade them after a season or so. Nobody is ever here long enough to excel, with the exception of Felix and Ichiro. My patience is all but exhausted with Jack Z.
    gets to me every time
    Lukin66 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    That's the problem I have with the Mariners right now. It seems like we're the farm team for the rest of the MLB. We get some really good prospects, but trade them after a season or so. Nobody is ever here long enough to excel, with the exception of Felix and Ichiro. My patience is all but exhausted with Jack Z.

Well you guys certainly got more back for Cliff Lee than you gave up.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    lol

i plan on hitting up a game at yankee stadium when the M's are in town. tix are cheap on the secondary market. wish my griffey jr jersey still fit me from my early teen years.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Lukin66 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

which signifcant young players has Jack given up?
  • Great game last night! :-) but good grief I hope they don't take cust's game winning hit as a sign they should keep him in the lineup
  • 2 games out :shock:
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Alright, the Mariners have optioned Milton Bradley!!!!

Hit the road, MB, your time in Seattle is done. I bet, your time in the Major Leagues is done too.

The best news of the year!!!
  • aNiMaL wrote:

Hit the road, MB, your time in Seattle is done. I bet, your time in the Major Leagues is done too.

there you are! Jesus its been rough out here :lol:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    It's like an early episode of Eastbound and Down... Do you think MB will head to Mexico? :lol:
    gets to me every time
  • wooo Guti might be back playing by the end of the week!

and some guy named Ackley might be up TOMORROW:

http://www.ussmariner.com/
  • anyone coming out this weekend?..weather should be decent, Mike McCready Bobbleheads...and its a Big series!

I'm going tonight, tomorrow, and U2 on saturday :D
    gonna be along second half.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    We were there for a while, but now falling apart.

Come on guys.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • 81 wrote:
    gonna be along second half.

YARP... still should be fun watchin dustin at least
    and with the yankees and rays up next, it could be august before you guys get a win. wtf happened out there.

actually, seems like a good time to start betting on the M's. they gotta win someday? right?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    looking good guys...

although they will probably take 2 of 3 from the yanks
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......