It Hurts !!! How many stitches?

mattdinglemattdingle Posts: 180
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Well fellow jammers .Whats the worst injury accident you ever had ?????? and how many stitches?

Mine was playing soccer and a guy grabbed me by the balls :shock: and out they popped :lol:
14 stitches. Very sore .
Can ya top that .
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I've just been sick. That's too much information.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    mattdingle wrote:
    Well fellow jammers .Whats the worst injury accident you ever had ?????? and how many stitches?

Mine was playing soccer and a guy grabbed me by the balls :shock: and out they popped :lol:
    14 stitches. Very sore .
    Can ya top that .

Holy F#@k! :shock:

That's insane. I dont think many can top that one.

When I was a kid I had stitches in my head every other month, but never a bunch at a time, usually 3-4.

But a few years ago I was surfing and I got hit in the face with my board. 14 stitches right above my eye. it looked pretty bad and the water made it look a lot worse.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    i had a hang nail once, Fuck.

oh and there was that time with the splinter......i don't even want to think about it.
  • TS1969TS1969 Posts: 53
    It's going to take another injury to the balls to top that...
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I can't top the injury to your sack but in third grade, it was during library and I went to put a book back on the shelf. When I returned to seat, my chair was pushed in and I felt, hit the back of my head on the edge of the desk and blood was everywhere, went to the hospital, and had to get two staples on my head. I don't know what was worse...the staples going in or pulling them out.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    they popped out? :?

ummmmok...i smashed my head on the corner of a mailbox, blood everywhere, 6 stitches.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • cbrunelle783cbrunelle783 Posts: 1,025
    Newch91 wrote:
    I can't top the injury to your sack but in third grade, it was during library and I went to put a book back on the shelf. When I returned to seat, my chair was pushed in and I felt, hit the back of my head on the edge of the desk and blood was everywhere, went to the hospital, and had to get two staples on my head. I don't know what was worse...the staples going in or pulling them out.

Death by library table. Ouch. Teach you to re-shelve books Don't you know that's what the carts are for. Sorry librarian humor. :D
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    EV Solo:Providence 6/15/11 Boston 6/16/11 Hartford 6/18/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 3,044
    When I was a kid, I was at the beach and ran out into the ocean and there was broken bottle stuck in the sand, stepped right on it. Sliced my foot open from the bottom of my foot to the top, the stitches scar looks like a set of railroad track on my foot now.
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• When I was 8 or 9, I was balancing on a crane bucket on my dad's property. The bucket shifted, I fell and cut my chin open.

Since my parents weren't around, my younger sister called a friend of the family that was a nurse. She thought my sister said I split my shin open and gave instructions and said she would be over to check on me in a bit.

She arrived and as instructed, I was laying in the bathtub with pressure on the cut, and my leg elevated :lol:

Ended up with 8 stitches in my chin.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    mattdingle wrote:

14 stitches. Very sore .
    Can ya top that .

:o:o:o:o:o:o

only thing I have heard of that might top that is a penile fracture.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Hockey Stick to the head...4 stitches

:D
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    mattdingle wrote:

14 stitches. Very sore .
    Can ya top that .

I dont even want to know what can happen to the bone that doesnt even have a bone. :P
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    Arm through a window, 23 stitches.
  • Can't top it but I had a few nasty ones as a child. 11 year old summer I first jumped while playing football and landed on a rusty chair that broke and speared the back of my calf muscle (6 stitches). Also at 11 years old I was riding my bike, hit gravel, hit the ground, and had my bike land on me with my kick-stand spearing my leg two inches deep and three inches wide (12 stitches and I still have a 2 inch wide upside down V on my thigh). 13 year old summer I jumped off a golf cart, lost my balance, and hit the concert forehead first laying open my left eyelid (10 stitches).
    ...to live in the present tense...
  • I was in a bicycle accident that literally ripped off the left side of my face and split my chin when I was six.

My face was reconstructed and I have a very faint scar above my left eye and under my chin as the only evidence.

I don't remember the stitch count, but my face was bandaged for a few months.

The handle bar went into my side, and I had some stitches there too.
    Well, fuckers, he still stands.
  • I was working with a guy clearing trees. He didnt look when he cut an 8" maple. I was carrying brush to the pile when the tree fell, tipped the front of my baseball hat, knocked my arms down and landed on my leg. The tree snapped my tibia and fibula, now i have a titanium rod in my tibia. It was interesting to look down and see my leg sideways!
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    mattdingle wrote:

14 stitches. Very sore .
    Can ya top that .

I dont even want to know what can happen to the bone that doesnt even have a bone. :P

yeah, you probably don't want to know, google it if you dare. I was surprised that its even possible.
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    A lot of your injuries sound so painful. Mine was just when my sister threw a glass jar at my head when we were kids, which required 5 stitches. You can't see the scar, 'cause I wear bangs.
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • I have had a number of injuries in the past:

Broken collar bone (both sides)
    4x broken thumbs
    Broken knee
    Broken ribs
    Broken leg
    Multiple broken fingers and toes
    2x Fractured skull
    Scraped the entire left side of my face off and literally snapped out and broke my four front teeth
    Split my chin open so bad it had a rock sticking out of it
    Nearly cut my thumb off with a stanley blade (13 stitches - only 6 external)

and various other scrapes and bumps.... but nothing and I mean NOTHING compares to the original post :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o I'm female and even I winced! :sick:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    When I was in grade 8 my friend was walking infront of me with a crazy carpet and the wind caught it and sliced my eyelid wide open. I can still remember sitting on that operating table with the bright lights like it was yesterday, waiting for stitches.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
    my son split his head open on his skateboard and needed stitches right above his eyebrow. I held his hand while he got them, he was so brave, but I would have gladly traded places with him so he wouldn't have gone through that.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    my nuts hurt just thinking about it.

shattered arm is it for me. the inside bone on my left arm was busted all the way thru. the otter bone was cracked. got a nice crooked arm out of the deal.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    mattdingle wrote:

14 stitches. Very sore .
    Can ya top that .
    Damn! That had to hurt :shock:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Never broken a bone.
    Never had stitches.

Although I did once have a fingernail ripped from the finger playing volleyball. That sucked.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Never broken a bone.
    Never had stitches.

Although I did once have a fingernail ripped from the finger playing volleyball. That sucked.

Those surprisingly hurt really f-ing bad!
    I smashed my pinky finger in a window once and it came off.. I couldnt sleep for days because of the pain!

Sounds like the folks in this thread should think about bubble wrap and football helmets for everyday attire! :P
  • During a home invasion robbery I got hit in the back of the head with a pistol and it took 10 staples and 18 stitches to close it. Now the scar is barely visable :ugeek:
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Amongst other 'occurrences' in my lifetime, I cracked my forehead open on a radiator when I was a kid and chasing my sister with a cat poo. Brain visible! Only 4 stitches so those weren't all that spectacular - my face was though!

Though not sure if that can top the balls popping out. But then again, the splinter.... especially the one in the foot that you can't get out and everytime you take a step, there is searing pain....

Hmmmm... what is worse???? :mrgreen:
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I was pushed by my brother through a glass pane door...

and had a two foot shard of glass stuck in my ass...
    45 stiches... Had to go to school with a donut to sit on for 3 months :lol: :oops:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

45 stiches... Had to go to school with a donut to sit on for 3 months :lol: :oops:

Betcha you got some stick for that! Or was the size of the shard enough to give you somewhat street cred?
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    redrock wrote:

Betcha you got some stick for that! Or was the size of the shard enough to give you somewhat street cred?
    No, the donut lost the cool factor :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif