Options

Any Active Duty Military 10-C members?

Comments

• Options
    PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    PJAMEDVED wrote:
    I'm not grumpy. I'll cool it, but you are the one who attacked me remember. I don't care for people who insinuate I am a pot head because I posted utube clips. But that will be the end of it on my end.

Okay -
    apparently we both "bitched it out" (and I hope we didn't scare the military fans away from this thread). Are we done now? And you obviously are younger than me - and therefore more "computer saavy". So how do we move this thread to "A moving Train" - which I thought I had originally posted this....before this thread pisses off more people!!! Any idea? Mods...? Anyone...?
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    duggro wrote:
    probably best to walk away. its a pointless argument

I will take that advice.

thanks
  • Options
    You had some valid points. I would like to think I did, too! This battle is stupid...as I don't feel dislike for you. I truly don't know you. Or you ...me. This thread is out of control, eh? Ha! But I do still care what PJ military fans think. I hope we didn't scare them all off with all of this bickering. Truce?
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

• Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    Rose1963 wrote:
    Truce?

I sent you a PM earlier.
  • Options
    PJAMEDVED wrote:
    I sent you a PM earlier.

Perhaps you should check your PM's as well. Honestly - everytime I start a thread (this one and only time) or respond to a thread.....it sucks. It all feels like an "up-hill battle." I remain a Pearl Jam music fan. I'm not really a fan of this board.

• Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    Rose1963 wrote:
    Perhaps you should check your PM's as well. Honestly - everytime I start a thread (this one and only time) or respond to a thread.....it sucks. It all feels like an "up-hill battle." I remain a Pearl Jam music fan. I'm not really a fan of this board.
    don't despair! its just the age old (well, new-age i guess) problem of how hard it is to understand attitude and feelings over the internet. sometimes people get interpreted wrongly, but on the whole, this board has lots of nice people:)
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    brother in law is 10c member and AD Navy Lt. pilot.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Well I AM a 10C member...since 04 baby! Uhh..thanks for serving? Thank me for fixing the loud ass airplanes that piss everyone in Virginia off O.o

Uh i'm an e-4 (Petty Officer 3rd Class) not very high up, but I just never studied.

You must be stationed at Norfolk NAS! I started out at Langley AFB (Hampton Roads, Va!) No matter how one re-names things (bases.....) - it's still remains Virginia Beach, VA!

• Options
    duggro wrote:
    don't despair! its just the age old (well, new-age i guess) problem of how hard it is to understand attitude and feelings over the internet. sometimes people get interpreted wrongly, but on the whole, this board has lots of nice people:)

Really? One would think so, eh? Anyway -just responding to an honest opinion or posting an honest thread can be very "exhausting" at times! We are beyond all of the bickering now - at least - hopefully on THIS thread! It really is important for the military, family members, friends of those in the military, prior service, etc., to speak out. It will help to educate those that sit here in the U.S., in this crucial election year. The military PJ fans voices will have the most relevence - to me! But anyone is free to speak up at this point!

• Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    Not Active Duty but I'm in the Air National Guard.

Spent some time in 2000 at Spangdahlem Air Base in Germany and ran into a guy stationed there with a stickman tat on his leg. Someone else stationed there saw my tat and said "that's just like "so-and-so's tattoo...what the hell does sit mean?"

There are pj fans in the military. But my guess is that they aren't hanging out on this board. :)
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    KeiranKeiran Posts: 393
    I have never served in the military but remember my older cousins going off to fight in Viet Nam. It was pretty scary.

Thank you to everyone and their families who are willing to make the sacrifices required of those who serve.

I passionately disagree with the war we are currently fighting. But, I have the utmost respect for those who have chosen to serve in the military.

Soldiers do not make policy. They only wish to serve their country in whatever capacity is asked of them.

And if those who are being shot at, maimed and killed were allowed to make policy, I'd have to believe it would be a very very long time before this country ever again entered into another armed conflict.

peace
    I wish a guy like Eddie, would like me.
  • Options
    You didn't scare me away...I just went to bed :D
    "I feel the same way about disco as I do about herpes." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, 1977
  • Options
    Not Active Duty but I'm in the Air National Guard.

Spent some time in 2000 at Spangdahlem Air Base in Germany and ran into a guy stationed there with a stickman tat on his leg. Someone else stationed there saw my tat and said "that's just like "so-and-so's tattoo...what the hell does sit mean?"

There are pj fans in the military. But my guess is that they aren't hanging out on this board. :)

You are perhaps correct. But YOU were here! I am just hopeful - because I truly am interested in what you all are thinking. Afterall - you are our military...and it matters.

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    bump...

my brother-in-law is headed back to Afghanistan today :(
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    LukinFan wrote:
    bump...

my brother-in-law is headed back to Afghanistan today :(

I hope he stays safe.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Danimal wrote:
    I hope he stays safe.
    Thank You- he was telling me stories how bad it's getting over there. I know it's been said a million times, but it's true- you really don't get how bad it's over there through the media
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    Thank You- he was telling me stories how bad it's getting over there. I know it's been said a million times, but it's true- you really don't get how bad it's over there through the media

Dear LukinFan -
    Most everyone on this board sings your praises...me included! You are such a good friend to everyone...on this board! Not one mean bone in your body! Thanks for joining this discussion! I know you and your wife can attest to what the military and U.S. Contractors go thru in both Iraq and Afghanistan!
    Much love to you and your wife,
    Rose

• Options
    jammergirljammergirl Posts: 598
    LukinFan wrote:

good luck to him, LukinFan. and you're right, the media for a long time portrayed afghanistan as the "safe" and good place to be, as opposed to iraq. i can't tell you how many times people told me when they heard my brother was over there "Well, at least he's not in iraq! he'll be fine!" people truly don't understand how hard it is for the families unless they're in that situation.
    God bless the troops. Fuck this war.
  • Options
    jammergirl wrote:
    Fuck this war.

I second that emotion, can;t wait for the day when it's over and done
    "So forget the other boys because my love is real.
    Come off your battlefield."
  • Options
    Rose1963 wrote:
    Dear LukinFan -
    Most everyone on this board sings your praises...me included! You are such a good friend to everyone...on this board! Not one mean bone in your body! Thanks for joining this discussion! I know you and your wife can attest to what the military and U.S. Contractors go thru in both Iraq and Afghanistan!
    Much love to you and your wife,
    Rose
    you're so sweet! :)

Rose, I know that you have other family over there too- I truly hope that everyone stays safe and this thing ends soon so everyone can come home
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    jammergirl wrote:
    Fuck this war.

I want a bumper sticker with this one it

and thank you for the kind words, hope your brother stays safe
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Rose1963 wrote:
    Which branch of the military did you try to join? My dad spent time in the Marines, my older brother in the Army Reserves...but being married to an Air Force person - I graduated High School at Clark Air Base,Philippines, and joined from there. My MEPPS station was Honalulu, HI. I was a "Pet Rainbow" (civilian clothes) for about 3 days until the rest of my "Flight" arrived at Basic Training in San Antonio. Everyone is assigned a "nickname" by the T.I. and mine was "Private Benjamin." My husband (ex- twice removed) was still in the Philippines at the time. I know.....way too much information!

Erase, erase, erase...so much of my life....if that were possilbe (other than having served my country - which the military certainly prepares one for!) I would love to hear anything from anyone whom WAS military, IS military, etc. I am educating myself. This is an election year - and I "separated" just prior to Gulf War I......! I was still in Germany during THAT entire episode with Sadaam! Please respond (only if you support our troops!)
    I registered for the Navy, pass the written pass but they later found out about my medical history so never worked out for me.

Anyway, nice story you got there, some of my circle of friends were/are in the military. I like the thread you started here, seemed like you let your personal belief took over after a video you disagreed with, which you should have realized would have happen with this kind of subject but I'm glad it got back on a positive side again as it should be.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    I want a bumper sticker with this one it

and thank you for the kind words, hope your brother stays safe

I want this bumper sticker, too - with a Pearl jam emblem (sp?) on it! Makes the sticker cooler - and then will truely make a statement...don't ya think?

• Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    I registered for the Navy, pass the written pass but they later found out about my medical history so never worked out for me.

Anyway, nice story you got there, some of my circle of friends were/are in the military. I like the thread you started here, seemed like you let your personal belief took over after a video you disagreed with, which you should have realized would have happen with this kind of subject but I'm glad it got back on a positive side again as it should be.

Long Road -
    I agree with ya....it was a stupid misunderstanding that got settled via a few PM's - which we no doubt should have pursued earlier. And yes! I agree with your perspective of remaining positive! Negativity really never solves anything anyway. Thanks for reminding me! :)

• Options
    Rose1963 wrote:
    I want this bumper sticker, too - with a Pearl jam emblem (sp?) on it! Makes the sticker cooler - and then will truely make a statement...don't ya think?
    nice!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Long Road -
    PS -
    And to think that I was fighting with someone whom turns out to be a very nice person. And I wasted time being negative. Sometimes written words on the internet can be so easily misinterpreted. I really do need to keep that in my head when on this board. Live, learn and grow, I guess! Glad you returned to this thread!

• Options
    florence151florence151 Posts: 597
    I'll just throw this out there in case this does get sent to a moving train.

Yes...I am active duty United States Navy

Yes...I am a Pearl Jam fan, obviously

Yes...I've been a 10c member for four years now

No....I do NOT agree with the war, nor condone it.

But...If I get called to go to war, I will go and serve my country to the best of my ability if needed, although I do not agree with the terms of being. Because I honestly have no choice in the matter.

Thank you for doing your duty.

I am impressed by the ability of our military to separate politics from their sworn obligation. I'm sure it isn't always easy.

I would like to see our military return home soon.
    Hold On
  • Options
    OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    Rose1963 wrote:
    Actually -
    I WAS on "Moving Train" when I initially started this thread. How do I move this thread there? BTW - no one says you can't be prior military and not oppose the war! I just have developed somewhat of a disrespect for the "modern day hippie" (teenager - or slightly older) whom sits around, jobless and smokes weed, and then feels a need to post their opinions! If you fit this description - please disregard this thread! Move on and insult others if you feel that need!

Sorry sweetheart, look at my first post on page 1.
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
  • Options
    bgivens33bgivens33 Posts: 290
    ad usaf
    switching to reserves by the end of the year.
    I've slowly converted some people to pj fans AND actually ran into someone the other day who has a stickman tattoo.
  • Options
    im active duty, Marine Corps infantryman, just got back from deployment in time to catch the mansfield night 2 show. been a 10c member for years now. as for the the political side of the band, ive always respected there views but i concentrate more on the music then the politics.