Options

I Want Ten Club To Raise Our Membership Fee

13»

Comments

• Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    pulaski wrote:
    read the link above, it explains that as well

That was an interesting article. I like how they talked about how you don't even really need to make money on a fan club. It can be kind of a loss leader since in the long run by keeping your most hard core fans happy you will make more money since they will be more likely to spend money on the band and promote them to others.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    smile05 wrote:
    2006 - 07 wasn't that bad for us in the UK
    yep, but I paid for the 5 years before to receive 1 newsletter a year (last year was the first year I can recall getting 2) and a vinyl I couldn't play on and nothing else.. and this year would be the same if I wasn't travelling to the US for shows..
    They play Europe a lot for an AMERICAN band.
    you're kidding right? 7 times in 17 years, 3 of those over 15 years ago ? (92 x2, 93, 96, 00, 06, 07)

I've seen QOTSA and BRMC on 3 different occasions in the last year! (not multiple shows of the same tour, 3 different visits!)
    JD Sal wrote:
    Counterpoint would be what if they decided to use ticketmaster instead of upgrading their servers. So instead of paying an extra $5 per year to help with the server upgrade, we'd pay an extra $10+ per ticket in convenience fees from ticketbastard.
    I paid more for my 10c tickets in Europe that I would have (or did in the case of Wembley as I helped people get seats) through the normal channels..
  • Options
    Even Metallica doesn't even charge $100 bucks for their fan club.
  • Options
    Ummm...negative!!

With Ed fighting with TicketBASTARD over "over priced tickets" in the past, this $100.00/yr. bull-f*ckin'-shirt ain't gonna fly man!
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    ill pay 100 a year if stone cooks me a ham every easter.
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    JoanneJoanne Posts: 98
    That's the way to talk like an elitist. Make it to expensive for the average Joe to afford so we have an exclusive club. Music is for the masses. This is a terrible, capitalist, entitlement idea.
    We're still making records for people who listen to it all the way through, eyes closed, in that space.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    yosi wrote:
    No way.

$100 for what? They don't even tour ever year. What happens if there's no tour that year. Than we paid $100 for the server to work, but, because there were no shows, and nothing new to buy, the servers weren't tested, so its $100 down the drain. I think this is an awful idea.
    agreed!
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    well if there is no tour and we have big powerful servers, maybe we wont have to wait 50 seconds in between post.
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    Highly exaggerated price in the initial post....but I wouldn't mind another 5-10$ a year on the membership if it means the 10C would invest in spending more money on their servers.

That's basically what it comes down to....they already know the system will crash like this, there's no excuse for it anymore.
  • Options
    i'm not spending a cent more for that purpose.

surely they can find the funds to have a system that is less dysfunctional.
    this post has been approved by grace6697.
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    smile05 wrote:
    wtf do you want????? them on x factor every week

No, fuck off!
    22 shows ever in the UK, 8 club shows, 2 festival support slots, 2 festival headline slots, that leaves 10, 6 of which have been in London, where most of us DON'T live.
    It's a piss poor return, whatever you say, and don't be flippant with me again, do you hear? :mad:
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    lastexit78 wrote:
    I'll go as high as $40 but that's about it. Even with the greatest server in the world most of us would not have gotten tickets yesterday. There just wasn't that many available.

This posting nailed it.

If we paid $100 and they upgraded the server, the tickets would be gone in less than a minute. We pay $20/$25 right now and still complain - imagine if you paid $100 and got shut out. I think the message pit would implode.
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    mwilmot4 wrote:
    This posting nailed it.

If we paid $100 and they upgraded the server, the tickets would be gone in less than a minute. We pay $20/$25 right now and still complain - imagine if you paid $100 and got shut out. I think the message pit would implode.

$100 a year would mean that I would have paid a total of $1200 since I first joined the 10 club. I have only seen Pearl Jam 3 times, and only 2 of those times was it with fan club seats. If this was the fee and I did not join, I would have an average of $400 bucks to spend on each of the shows I went to. For $400 I could probably get some pretty good seats off of ebay, so what motivation would there be to join the tenclub?
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    i would agree with 40 bucks a year to help get a better server..

100 bucks, hell no

ive only gotten one Deep mag since they started sending them out..haha
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    $100 a year would mean that I would have paid a total of $1200 since I first joined the 10 club. I have only seen Pearl Jam 3 times, and only 2 of those times was it with fan club seats. If this was the fee and I did not join, I would have an average of $400 bucks to spend on each of the shows I went to. For $400 I could probably get some pretty good seats off of ebay, so what motivation would there be to join the tenclub?

You sound like you're arguing the point when I totally agree with you.

$100 is insane - the problem here isn't the servers, it's supply and demand. Sure, the server problems make it messy - but most people complain because they got shut out. Faster servers mean that people will get shut out faster - thus, they will still complain.

Like I read on another board - the only solution is to submit a request for tickets during a 24 hour period and assign tickets in some sort of lottery system; and before anyone says that a lottery is unfair, think about it... a lottery is what we have right now.
  • Options
    Why did the person who started this thread basically post my idea about Raising our Membership Fee? Give me credit and look back at my previous posts from 2 days ago.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • Options
    Super_Fan wrote:
    Why did the person who started this thread basically post my idea about Raising our Membership Fee? Give me credit and look back at my previous posts from 2 days ago.
    you want to take credit for this ridiculous idea?????

hehehehe.........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    how about
    base fee is $30 and donations accepted all year round?
    LUV2ROCK wrote:
    Please raise it to $100.00 per year,send out 4 "Deep" issues (every 3 months),keep the annual vinyl and put the rest toward's upgrading the server's so that they can handle the crush of ticket buyer's.
    That way everyone who is fast enough on the draw can all get through and be on our merry way in 5 or 10 minutes.The sale would be over in less than a half hour and we could all get back to work instead of "hoping" & "trying" for tix.

Pearl Jam is one of the biggest bands in the world,and there is no reason that we can't pay $100 annually,to be certain something will work when we go to purchase stuff.Sure that's a lot of money for a fan club,but it's only $12.00 a month.Save that all year and it won't be so bad.

The Stone's,The Police & i'm sure some other's out there charge that amount for joining their fan clubs.
    I have no problems helping to pay for better and faster servers,so that the band doesn't have to,so that i can have a fair shot of getting through the whole ordering process without getting bounced out repeatedly.

I had ticket's for 3 show's (L.A.1 & 2 and San Diego) in my cart 3 seperate time's,and never made it through the checkout before the servers died again.

When do i send my Ben Franklin in?
  • Options
    how about
    base fee is $30 and donations accepted all year round?
    how about....

pearl jam takes the gazillions of dollars they have already made off us fools....

and get a better server..........
  • Options

hehehehe.........

Hell Yeah cuz I know how these Fan Clubs work and it takes alot more money to run a fan club than what people actually think.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    the membership fee for the 10C is so minimal compared to other fan clubs.

and for the majority of us, the main reason we all joined was to get tickets to go see a band we all love.

the fact that what should be such a simple transaction has caused so many problems,
    for so many people, so often, is just ridiculous.

get a new server. period.
    this madness has got to stop.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options

hehehehe.........

this is the smartest post you've ever made, speedy.

:)
    this post has been approved by grace6697.
  • Options
    distantsun wrote:
    this is the smartest post you've ever made, speedy.

:)
    im still waiting for an intelligent post from you.....
  • Options
    LUV2ROCKLUV2ROCK Posts: 140
    Sorry.I didn't look to see if someone posted something like this before i started my own post.I was just venting out of frustration.I was so mad,i couldn't even get my math right! :(

Super_Fan wrote:
    73,XXX

Member since day 1 here in August 2003